Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
If you have constant foot pain at work, then it might be because you have high arches.
People with High Arches have a harder time protecting themselves against shocks, high impacts and standing for long hours.
Read more below on how high arches can cause foot pain, how the best work boots for high arches can help as well as where you can buy some.
Why High Arches Cause Foot Pain
The official name for a high arch is Cavus Foot, which is a condition in which the arches of a person’s foot are too high. When this happens, the muscles in the feet have to work harder and have less support in general.
Here are some explanations for why high arches are causing you foot pain:
- High arches have a harder time protecting themselves against shocks or high impacts.
- Lots of pressure is applied to both the heel and forefoot of somebody with high arches, resulting in more pain in both areas.
- Most footgear does not provide ample support for high arches, resulting in more pain and pressure buildup.
- High arched feet may slip and slide around more inside shoes which can cause friction, blisters, and discomfort.
- The pressure on the toes in some cases can lead to calluses, bunions, hammer toe, and other similar painful toe joint problems.
- Since the feet have to work harder and tend to under-pronate, foot fatigue or plantar fasciitis is a common problem with high arches.
Best Qualities of Work Boots for Avoiding High Arch Foot Pain
Thankfully there are some features your work boots can include to provide pain relief.
- Shock Absorption – Both the outer and inner soles of work boots can include shock absorbers or gel shock pads which deflect and resist shock, preventing it from reaching your feet.
Adaptive Cushioning – The best kind of padding a boot can have is adaptive padding because it will conform to the shape of your feet and provide the exact support you need. Memory foam is a material that does this flawlessly and is used differently when it comes to work boots for flat feet.
Soft Heel Pads – Make sure the boots you try on, have soft or extra cushioning on the heel as this is a weak spot for those with high arches.
Arch Support Shank – A shank is a crucial piece for work boots when it comes to arch support. These take the load off when flexing your feet in awkward positions or standing on your feet all day, both of which can be problematic for those with cavus foot.
Energy Return – Energy return does exactly as the name implies, returning some of the energy to your feet that would otherwise all be used to take a step. This lightens the load on the foot and makes each step feel light and airy.
If you still find yourself having a hard time, then consider purchasing a pair of high arch insoles.
Reviews: The Best High Arch Work Boots
Find your match below amongst some of the very best work boots for high arches.
- Say goodbye to your high arch foot pain with these Energy Industrial Work Boots from the top brand, Carhartt.
- Made with dual-layered foam cushion insoles that conform to the shape of your feet, adaptive arch support will keep your feeling comfortable all day long.
- Chemical and abrasion resistant uppers alongside a light composite toe help to keep your feet safe and prevent wear and tear.
- Electrical protection of up to 18 000 Volts makes sure you are safe from any electrical hazard in your way.
- A waterproof storm defender membrane offers additional protection from the elements while still allowing your feet to breathe well.
- Superior construction brings exceptional comfort to the forefront with the Timberland PRO Hyperion work boot.
- A PowerFit comfort system keeps your feet securely in place and prevents painful slipping and sliding inside the shoes.
- The best shock-absorbing technology prevents impact from jarring your feet by deflecting it through the use of beehive-shaped cones.
- A contoured insole provides the best support with energy return, keeping pressure off your feet and making each step feel as light as a feather.
- A composite safety toe with a rubber cap keeps both you and your boots protected from abrasion and compression.
- Durable, lightweight and perfect for any heavy duty construction work.
- A simple, elegant pair of work boots, the SKECHERS Workshire Condor boot was built for premium comfort and stability.
- Memory foam cushioning lines the insoles, providing excellent adaptive support that conforms to your foot shape.
- Slip-resistant soles with inbuilt electrical hazard protection will ensure that you are always on your feet and prepared for anything.
- The soft toe and ultra-grip soles reduce the pressure on your feet and help to alleviate foot pain.
- Made from black leather with a padded tongue and collar for extra comfort, stability, and support.
- If you are looking for a pair of work boots that are as comfortable as your favorite pair of skate shoes, then you have found your match.
- Made to look and feel good, the insoles have perfect high arch support with extra added cushioning for support.
- A steel safety is cleverly disguised at the toe of the boot, protecting your feet from heavy compression and abrasion while looking trendy.
- The base of the shoes is oil and slip resistant, keeping you stable and on your feet with perfect traction.
- Electrical hazard protection shields you from electrocutions and shocks while on the job.
- Clean these up after work for a night out on the town – nobody will know the difference!
- A smooth look combined with rugged workers appeal, these slick boots will help you through the day with optimal foot support.
- Fully equipped with an ortholite footbed that aids high arches and a lightweight midsole for comfort, flex, and support, you can’t go wrong.
- Storm Defender leather membrane uppers on the boot prevent water from coming in while an inner mesh lining sends all moisture out the boot.
- Superior slip-resistant traction and flex allow your feet to move comfortably and naturally without slipping or falling.
- Durable design offers shock absorption, deflecting impact and removing unwanted pressure from sensitive feet.
- Here are the best pair of leather pull-on work boots for those who have high arches and want some stylish shine and foot protection.
- A performance inner hugs your feet, providing immaculate arch support and performance.
- The insole is made with extra comfortable cushioning and can be replaced at any time if you need specialized support.
- A nylon shank keeps your feet well-supported under high stress, allowing for ease of movement up and down ladders and more.
- The luxury leather stitching and design keep your feet dry and prevent moisture from coming into the boots.
Caterpillar Diagnostic offers and ERGO comfort system, that is ideal for a higher arch, as well as other foot types and conditions.
- Comes with 200 grams of thermal insulation for working in cold weather conditions.
- The nylon mesh lining keeps your feet dry and well ventilated.
- The leather uppers are completely waterproof and durable.
- You can rely on the perforated EVA with gel technology for cushioned comfort, and protection against impact.
- The high-performance rubber outsole is completely slip-resistant.
The Chippewa Loggers are comfortable and supportive enough for a higher arch while providing you with all the protective features for a logging work boot.
- Genuine, tough leather uppers.
- Waterproof with Chip-A-Tex technology and a Dri Lex 2000 lining for warmth in cold weather.
- ASTM rated electrical hazard safe construction.
- A protective steel toe.
- For comfort, you can look forward to the arch support and, cushioned orthotic insole.
- A tough and durable Logger Vibram outsole.
A rugged safety work boot with all the trimmings, along with exceptional support and comfort features specifically aimed at individuals with a higher arch type.
- Very rugged oiled full grain leather uppers that are reinforced with an abrasion resistant toe, as well as side bumpers.
- A standard rated lightweight composite safety toe for toe protection.
- The rubber outsole is flexible with Gen Flex Dual-density technology, and long wearing.
- A well cushioned flexible insole that is removable, and EVA midsole that contains Impact 300 gel to absorb shock.
- The electrical hazards safe materials and composite shank, ensure even more worksite protection.
- Inside there is a comfortable spacer mesh lining and anti-roll bar heel support.
Ever Boots not only protect your feet against work hazards but likewise offer excellent high arch support.
- A PU midsole and a steel shank for stability and arch support.
- Electrical hazard safe materials and a protective steel toe.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent slip resistance.
- Leather uppers that are available in two color options.
The Wolverine DuraShock technology LX work boot is a superb choice for arch support and shock absorbency.
- Genuine leather uppers and a slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- EPX anti-fatigue comfort technology and DuraShock System for shock absorbency.
- Contour Welt quality construction and timeless craftsmanship.
- The strong protective structure meets ASTM standards.
- EPX supportive Honeycomb Heel design and a Cushioned Midsole, for superb high arch support.
A tough and high arch supportive Hiking style work boot from Keen Utility.
- Mesh and synthetic uppers for breathability with a lightweight aluminum toe.
- A Keen dry waterproof membrane.
Conbtoured underfoot arch support and structured stability features.
- Electrical hazard safe materials.
- Enhanced flexibility and durability.
Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for High Arches
|1||Carhartt Men's Energy Industrial Boot - Advanced Work Boots for High Arches||Carhartt||99|
|2||Timberland PRO Men's Hyperion Work Boots - Heavy Duty Comfort Safety Boots||Timberland PRO||97|
|3||SKECHERS Men's Workshire Condor - Memory Foam High Arch Work Boots||SKECHERS||99|
|4||DEWALT Men's Plasma Work Boot - Stylish Full Comfort Work Boots||DEWALT||97|
|5||Carhartt Men's Composite Work Boots - Rugged Flex Boots for High Arches||Carhartt||98|
|6||Wolverine Men's Nolan Boot - Leather Work Pull-Ons for High Arched Feet||Wolverine||96|
|7||Caterpillar Men's Diagnostic - Arch Support Work Boot for High Arches||Caterpillar||98|
|8||Chippewa Men's Logger - Steel Toe Work Boot for High Arches||Chippewa||97|
|9||Thorogood Men's Gen-Flex - High Arch Supportive Rugged Work Boot||Thorogood||98|
|10||Ever Boots Men's Protector - High Arch Protective Work Boot||Ever Boots||98|
|11||Wolverine Men's LX - Shock Absorbing High Arch Work Boot||Wolverine||99|
|12||Keen Men's Utility Detroit - High Arch Support Work Boot||Keen||98|