Minimalist shoes or boots are footwear that has the intention of closely approximating barefoot running or walking conditions. Minimalist shoes allow your feet to feel the ground and the environment that you are walking on almost as if you are barefoot, while still providing some protection from ground hazards. Minimalist shoes are a more natural alternative to toughen your feet and muscles while giving you a better sensory experience.
Index Table for the Best Minimalist Boots
|1||Tactical Research Men's TR102 Mini-Mil - Black Goretex Minimalist Boots||Tactical Research||94|
|2||Rocky Men's C4T - Tactical Minimalist Work Boot||Rocky||97|
|3||Vivo Barefoot Men's Scott - Minimalist Winter Proof Boot||Vivo Barefoot||92|
|4||Under Armor Men's UA Jungle Rat - Outdoor Minimalist Boot||Under Armor||96|
|5||Vivobarefoot Men's Tracker - Minimalist Hiking and Hunting Boot||Vivobarefoot||95|
The Purpose of Minimalist Shoes and Boots
Minimalist shoes give the feet the maximum amount of freedom for movement and sensation while still giving you some underfoot protection. A Minimalist shoe is flexible and low to the ground providing a more natural gait of movement along with the feeling of walking or running barefoot. The actual purpose behind minimalist footwear is to reduce initial joint impact by allowing your feet a more natural motion which will ultimately also reduce the risk.
Transitioning Into Minimalist Shoes
When you are wearing a pair of minimalist boots or shoes for the first time, your feet and legs may hurt after the first few times of wearing this footwear, because your feet and lower limbs need to adjust and increase in strength and mobility. Transitioning into your new minimalist footwear can take anything from a few weeks up to a whole year as your muscles strengthen and become more conditioned. It is advised to take it slowly and only wear the minimalist footwear for short periods of time, in the beginning, starting off with walking.
What Characterizes a Minimalist Shoe
- Weight, a minimalist shoe is extremely lightweight.
- Stack Height, the sole at the center of the heel is usually quite low.
- Heel to Toe Drop, there is a very slight drop from the heel to the toe.
- Motion Control and Stability, there are very few technologies used in a minimalist shoe that offer motion control and stability.
- Flexibility, torsional which is how much you can twist the shoe by rotating the toe and heel in opposite directions, and longitudinal flexibility where you fold the shoes from the heel and toe.
All of these characteristics make up a minimalist shoe. Keep in mind that every type of minimalist shoe will differ in ratio and technologies when it comes to these characteristics. The less technology used in the shoe and the more flexible and lightweight the shoe is, the higher it’s minimalist rating is.
The Top Rated Minimalist Boots
We have researched and listed the best available minimalist boots for 2016;
- A 8 inch tactical boot.
- The uppers are manufactured from Flesh-Out Leather and 1000 denier Cordura that is unlined to improve breathability.
- A compression molded lightweight EVA midsole.
- An exclusively designed Vibram Tarsus oil and slip resistant rubber outsole.
- This shoe offers a 5mm heel to toe drop.
- The double and triple stitched seams enhance the shoe’s durability.
- The midsole offer 2mm die-cut shock dispersion.
- Padded Achilles support.
- The convenient pull on loop ensures easy on and off.
- AR 670-1 compliant.
- Leather and fabric uppers that are both breathable and lightweight.
- A rubber sole offering fantastic grip and traction on many surfaces.
- The boot measures 7 inches, with a 2.5-inch heel and one-inch platform.
- Speed eyelets and NATO hooks for easy on and off.
- Available in different colors.
- The uppers are constructed from premium leather and wax canvas materials.
- A 6-inch shaft, and 1-inch heel with 0.75-inch platform.
- The thermal Thinsulate insulation will keep your feet warm in even the most extreme weather conditions.
- A lightweight and breathable boot.
- Synthetic uppers that are breathable and lightweight.
- A lace up disclosure for a better fit.
- The UA Storm gear uses a DWR finish that repels water without sacrificing breathability.
- An antimicrobial Otholite sock liner to keep your feet dry and odor free.
- The Micro G midsole is full length for complete support.
- A reinforced TPU shank for improved stability.
- Manufactured from rich and lightweight leather.
- Metal eyelets for a stunning appearance and great fit.
- A full waterproof Hydroguard lining.
- Naturally flexible while remaining tough and durable.
- The Dri-Lex lining wicks away moisture for great inner conditions.
- Multi-directional V-Teeth on the outsole ensures excellent performance on wet, muddy and steep terrains.
Finding a lightweight, breathable and comfortable minimalist boot should no longer be a hassle. The above choices of minimalist boots are of a great variety all with the most excellent minimalist qualities.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Index Table for the Best Minimalist Boots
- The Purpose of Minimalist Shoes and Boots
- Transitioning Into Minimalist Shoes
- What Characterizes a Minimalist Shoe
- The Top Rated Minimalist Boots