For certain occupations such as construction and outdoor work as well as hobbies including hunting and hiking the danger of being bitten by a poisonous snake is quite eminent. Therefore protective gear and footwear are essential for these kinds of activities and looking for the best snake proof boots is what we cover here in this article.
Table Comparing Various Snake Proof Bite Work Boots
|1||Rocky Men's ProLight - Rattle Snake Proof Hunting Boot||Rocky||95|
|2||Rattler Men's Scaletech - Snake Protection Chaps||Rattler||96|
|3||LaCrosse Men's Alpha Mudlite - Rubber Snake Protection Boot||LaCrosse||96|
|4||Foreverlast Men's Guard Shield - Protective Snake Gaiter||Foreverlast||94|
|5||Danner Men's Pronghorn - Waterproof Snake Boot||Danner||96|
|*||Chippewa Men's 23913 Pull On - Snake Protection Boot||Chippewa||95|
The Dangers of a Snake Bite
Most deaths from snake bites occur in more rural areas where they are mostly unreported, so it is quite difficult to estimate the rate of deaths from snakebites. One of the biggest reasons why snakes are so dangerous is because many snake species have venom that can often cause death in a matter of minutes. Snake bites are not just responsible for deaths but also for many injuries and disabilities because of the severe damage that a snake bite can cause even with treatment.
Careers that have Snake Bite Risks
Many careers hold the risk of being bitten by a snake, outdoor workers such as loggers and constructions workers, landscapers and many other jobs that are in areas where poisonous snakes are present pose a danger. Hobbies such as hiking, trekking, and hunting also involve many probabilities of having a snake bite accident. The most dangerous careers pertaining to snakes is most likely that of a snake handler and snake milker.
Snake Proof Boots Types and Their Features
A snake gaiter is a protective covering for your feet and legs normally constructed from denier Nylon with polycarbonate inserts that stop the fangs of snakes. Snake gaiters are lightweight, and puncture resistant tested up to ASTM standards. A snake gaiter utilizes a unique toe cover that covers the top part of your shoe and laces to prevent the possibility of a snake getting ist fangs entangled in your shoe laces.
Rattlesnake Proof Boots
Rattlesnake proof boots are long boots with a tough exterior that protects your feet and legs against the strikes of a rattlesnake. They normally have a very tough exterior that can be made of rubber or other materials and have other features such as waterproofing, a comfortable insole or footbed as well as breathability technology.
Waterproof Snake Boots
The waterproof snake boot is a waterproof boot that protects your feet against liquids as well as venomous snake bites. This boot is a long boot that protects your legs, feet, and ankles constructed from waterproof leather with a durable slip resistant outsole for good grip on uneven surfaces. Comfort features can include a cushioned footbed or insole, breathable lining, and supportive midsole.
Rubber Snake Boots
Constructing Rubber snake boots from waterproof vulcanized rubber that is thick and durable as well as puncture proof against snake bites. The rubber snake boot has breathability features and a comfortable cushioned insole as well as a durable rubber sole that provides excellent grip.
Snake chaps are protective leg coverings that cover your entire leg up to your thighs. A chap made from sturdy nylon such as Cordura that is completely punctured resistant.
General Snake Bite Boots
General snake bite boots are designed to go up to your knees and made from thick puncture proof materials. This boot can be waterproof and have comfort features or breathability features.
Reviews on Snake Bite Proof Boots
Here are some of the best choices of snake protection boots, snake gaiters and snake chaps that are available today;
The Rocky ProLight is a rattlesnake proof boot that is tough and comfortable as well as waterproof.
- The Rocky ProLight features mossy oak colored camo Cordura nylon and leather construction for ultimate protection.
- The tall 16-inch lace-up style gives you complete protection and peace of mind.
- This boot combines a waterproof inner layer with a waterproof upper to keep your feet dry from all directions.
- The breathable mesh lining, round toe and block heel ensures a comfortable and dry fit.
- The rubber sole secures your footing and prevents slips.
The Scaletech Snake Protection Chaps from Rattler offers superior protection against venomous snake bites and are durable and water repellent.
- Scaletech chaps have a unique overlapping technology to eliminate the gaps between protection pads and are Constructed from water-repellant, durable and heavy weight nylon material.
- The ScaleTech chaps provide complete briar and brush protection.
- Above the knee construction with adjustable straps for a customized and secure fit.
- Available in short, regular and thigh lengths for added ankle, knee and leg protection.
The LaCrosse Alpha Mudlite is a rubber muck boots that will provide you with the maximum protection against snake bites and wet and muddy conditions.
- Constructed with waterproof LaCrosse Alpha technology using the finest quality natural rubber over neoprene.
- Quad Core technology incorporates four layers of cushioning and support as well as a contoured ankle fit design to guard you against heel slippage and provide a stable and comfortable fit.
- The Pu Footbed is both comfortable and removable, and the protective shin guard and adjustable back gusset provide a secure and comfortable fit.
- A 4x Burly outsole provides excellent traction in mud and loose terrain.
- A 16-inch boot in Realtree Xtra Green Camo patterning.
The Foreverlast Guards Shield Snake Gaiter provides full protection from snakes from the knees down.
- Knee length protection from snake bites, brush, and briars.
- Tough Cordura materials with durable construction.
- These gaiters are the ultimate in stalking equipment.
- Durable and protective.
For superior comfort and protection, the Danner Pronghorn is your best bet; it combines safety and durability features with comfort technology.
- Durable waterproof and full grain leather uppers with all-leather toe and heel caps and a breathable Gore-Tex waterproof lining for superior durability, protection, and comfort.
- The well-designed side zip offers quick on and off and a comfortable fit.
- The three-density open-cell polyurethane footbed provides superb cushioning and support, and the TPU shank ensures stability.
- A durable Danner pronghorn rubber outsole provides solid traction on even the most rugged terrain.
Designed to be the ultimate multi-functional footwear the Chippewa Pull-on Snake protection boot can be used for the outdoors and to wear casually.
- Durable leather and fabric uppers constructed using the rugged Goodyear Welt construction method with a heavy duty Viper cloth shaft for superior protection and long-lasting durability.
- The durable Vibram outsole promises excellent traction and grip on different terrains.
- The unit heel and round toe profile provide a more comfortable and secure fit.
- A tough and protective pull on boot that is versatile and comfortable.
The best way to prevent a potentially damaging and painful accident is by wearing protective snake proof boots. There is always a chance that may land yourself in a circumstance where you have to face a poisonous snake no matter how hard you try to avoid this, so rather be safe than sorry. Most snake bites occur before a snake is even seen due to you stepping too close or on it.
Table of Contents
- Table Comparing Various Snake Proof Bite Work Boots
- The Dangers of a Snake Bite
- Careers that have Snake Bite Risks
- Snake Proof Boots Types and Their Features
- Reviews on Snake Bite Proof Boots
- Rocky Men's ProLight Rattle Snake Proof Hunting Boot
- Rattler Men's Scaletech Snake Protection Chaps
- LaCrosse Men's Alpha Mudlite Rubber Snake Protection Boot
- Foreverlast Men's Guard Shield Protective Snake Gaiter
- Danner Men's Pronghorn Waterproof Snake Boot
- Chippewa Men's 23913 Pull On Snake Protection Boot