Workboots Review is reader supported. We may earn money when you click on links in our articles. This comes at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Are you looking for a good pair of summer work boots?
The summer with its lovely warm weather is usually a season to look forward to, but the hot weather can be quite taxing on your body and feet, especially when you are doing industrial or outdoor work.
Overheating can cause excessive sweating and cause you to feel faint and lethargic among other issues.
Keeping your feet safe and comfortable during the hot summer months can be quite challenging when you have to wear protective summer work boots.
The Importance of Hot Weather Work Boots
Most work boots can cause your feet to overheat and sweat quite a bit during summertime or in very hot conditions. If you are doing strenuous work that requires a lot of movement, it will certainly make it worse.
Sweaty feet tend to rub and chafe and develop blisters, sweat and chafing can also cause skin irritations and athlete’s foot.
Thus having work boots that are suitable for hot weather is almost a necessity. Hot weather work boots will help to keep your feet dry and comfortable, as well as cool and fresh during even the most extreme heat conditions.
Having cool and dry feet will in turn also help to keep your body cooler and give you comfort that will significantly improve your work performance during hot weather conditions.
Consideration for a Hot Weather Boot
Having an extra pair of work boots for summer is always an advantage and will help in keeping you cool and comfortable during the sunny season.
People who live in areas where the weather is mostly hot and the summer heat can become quite extreme should rather invest in a boot that is specifically designed for hot weather conditions.
Those who are exposed to occupational heat such as in ceramic plants, boiler rooms, steel foundries, and many other industrial environments will also need to invest in a pair of hot or summer work boots.
Related Content: Low Top Work Boots, protect you against all the safety hazards?
Features of Good Hot Weather Boots
When you are exposed to very high temperatures keeping your feet cool can help to reduce the body’s temperature, a pair of work boots that are breathable can help to attain this.
Lightweight – Hot weather work boots are made from breathable, and light materials that will keep your feet cool and dry.
Comfort – Comfort features that any pair of work boots have.
Protective – Features such as steel toe boots, waterproof material, and rubber soles can all be found in comfortable summer work boots.
Advantages of Wearing Hot Weather Work Boots
Just when the hot season is just around the corner, it’s time to bring out a pair of reliable summer safety boots. Tailored for extra humid and warm days, the best hot weather work boots will surely get your feet through a long workday with ease and comfort.
Essentially, wearing comfortable boots for work comes with the following advantages:
- Amazing breathability and well-ventilated, keeping the feet feeling cool on a hot summer’s day of work
- Well-cushioned, ensuring that the feet are comfortable and snug all-day
- Lightweight and flexible, allowing the feet to move freely, quickly, and more comfortably
- Mesh-padded collars and tongues that add up to the overall breathability of the boots for hot weather
- Oil, slip, abrasion-resistant rubber outsoles that ensure deep and heavy traction against all surfaces
Reviews: Top Summer Work Boots
Below are a few of some of the best summer work boots and hot weather condition work boots:
If you’re looking for the best red wing work boots for summer then this pair is your top option. Beautifully stylish, these summer work boots are made from quality leather that performs excellently in hot weather and provides an abundant deal of protection and comfort to the wearer.
- A leather and nylon upper that is completely stained resistant.
- The boot comes Moisture Wicking Lining membrane as well the full boot construction to keep your feet dry and cool in even the warmest of temperatures.
- Mesh padded collar and tongue add support and comfort as well as helping to keep your feet cool and dry.
- The steel toe will keep your toes protected while keeping the boot lightweight.
- The boot comes with a removable shock-absorbent insole that offers extra cushioning and support.
- The rubber outsole offers oil and slip-resistance as well as excellent grip capabilities.
- Constructed with a composite shank that is lightweight and provides added stability and support.
A beautifully stylish work boot made from quality leather that performs excellently in hot weather and provides an abundant deal of protection and comfort to the wearer.
- The upper part of the boot is made from full-grain waterproof leather
- The smooth leather lining technology will help to wick away moisture so that your feet do not get sweaty or wet in hot or humid weather.
- A boot that is suitable for rugged wear in rough terrain because of its superb durability.
- The leather footbed molds to the precise shape of your foot to improve comfort and give great support.
The KEEN® Men’s Utility Flint Mid Summer Work Boot is a pair of lightweight summer work boots that is comfortable, durable, and provides full-protection for the feet. These summer safety boots are equipped with steel toes and meet ASTM F2412-11 and F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH standards.
- The specially designed outsole complete surrounds all the key areas of foot and secures them inside the shoe.
- This work boot is very lightweight and still offers the maximum amount of protection.
- It also features a compression-molded EVA midsole that provides extra cushioning and comfort.
- The rubber outer soles provide excellent grip and are oil and slip-resistant.
- The removable outsole gives you added comfort and support.
- Made from a breathable and lightweight material; making this the perfect work boot for hot weather.
An all in one durable, protective steel toe 8-Inch height boot that will keep your feet cool and dry in the hot summer.
- The eight-inch steel toe boots will most definitely keep you protected when working with heavy loads and objects that can fall.
- The Polyurethane removable insoles offer extra cushioning and comfort – you can replace them with your own orthotics in case you have prescription insoles.
- The Vibram outsole provides excellent grip and traction as well as making this boot safe against electrical hazards (ASTM certified).
- The upper portion is made of leather and Cordura (durable synthetic fabric) that will help to keep your feet cool and comfortable.
- These boots are not water-resistant so they will let your feet breath, keeping your feet ventilated and cool at all times.
- There is a molded rubber covering over the heel and toe area for improved durability.
- This boot also offers fantastic arch support.
The Dickies Solo Men’s Work Shoes is a very lightweight and one of the best cheap work boots that have excellent features to make it the perfect summer work shoe.
- The upper is made from a suede leather that is durable, comfortable and breathable as well as offering protection in hazardous working circumstances.
- The mesh padded collar and tongue further provide excellent breathability and cooling features.
- The mesh insole lining for the cushioned EVA midsoles is designed to keep all moisture away from your feet and give you added support and comfort.
- These work shoes are steel-toed to protect you when working with heavy loads and falling objects.
- The rubber soles offer extra grip and are slip and oil resistant.
Looking for that perfect well ventilated, cool, and lightweight work boot for hot summer days. Look no further, the Timberland Pro Keele Ridge is everything that you need in a protective work boot, with the addition of a cool and comfortable fit.
- A steel toe protects you against falling objects and compression hazards.
- The premium full-grain waterproof leather with breathable mesh for the upper construction.
- Cement construction and a nylon shank for structural support.
- A midsole and outsole that is flexible and supportive.
- The outsole likewise ensures excellent traction on slippery surfaces.
The Thorogood american Heritage is a comfortable and lightweight work boot, offering electrical hazard protection, and similarly a lightweight breathable fit to keep you going on those hot summer days.
- Lightweight and cool oil-tanned leather uppers.
- A removable shock-absorbing footbed with a Poron comfort-cushioned insole.
- Further protection and stability from the fiberglass shank.
- Electrical hazards safe materials.
- The MaxWear slip-resistant wedge outsole ensures incomparable support and slip-resistance.
- Constructed with the robust Goodyear Welt construction method.
- Available in many neutral colors options to choose from.
These boots from Wolverine are the perfect hot weather composite toe boots. The Wolverine® Men’s Overpass is simply a fusion of the best technologies from the brand that combine comfort and performance, even under the most excruciating heat.
- Breathable and cool leather and textile uppers that are waterproof with an abrasion-resistant toe.
- The contoured welt construction allows for flexibility and bending at all the essential points.
- The removable Ortholite cushioned footbed ensures luxurious comfort and support.
- A completely slip, abrasion, oil, and chemical resistant outsole, guarantees you safety on every floor surface type.
- The composite toe is ASTM rated for safety, and the boot is M I/75 C/75 rated for electrical hazard safety.
The Wolverine Wilderness is a lightweight and highly breathable hiking boot, which is perfect for outdoor work in extremely hot weather conditions.
- Leather Uppers for stability with breathable and lightweight mesh insets.
- Completely slip-resistant with a durable rubber outsole.
- Waterproof yet still breathable and well ventilated.
- Available in two color options that are neutral and fashionable.
The perfect Work Boot for hot weather, the Terrain from ariat wicks away moisture keeping your feet dry and has a breathable mesh tongue.
- Genuine leather uppers with a waterproof lining and breathable design.
- A padded collar and mesh tongue for better ventilation.
- The Duratread Rubber Outsole is slip-resistant and self-cleaning.
- A Gel Cushioned footbed for superior comfort and support.
- Available in a COPPER or DISTRESSED BROWN color option.
The Taclite is a very lightweight and breathable work boot in a tactical design, with a light color that will not absorb the sun’s rays in order to keep you cool.
- Pure leather upper construction for stricture with mesh insets ensuring good ventilation.
- There is a zonal lacing system for a more customizable fit to keep laces secure and neat.
- Inside there is a moisture-wicking, antibacterial lining, and comfortable Orthalite sock liner.
- The Integrated side vents are ideal for humid climates and hot weather.
- A durable oil and slip resistant rubber outsole.
- Fast rope tread for better traction.
- for comfort and cooling effects.
The Carhartt® Men’s CMX4023 4-inch Lightweight Moc Toe Work Boots are comfortable summer work boots that also happen to be lightweight and durable.
- Oil-tanned leather uppers, along with lace closure for a secure fit
- Sturdy, high-traction, cement-constructed rubber outsoles
- Well-cushioned, shock-absorbent polyurethane insoles
- Ortholite™ cushion insoles.
- Fast dry® technology lining to wick away sweat.
Index Table: Best Summer Work Boots
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best summer work boots?
There really is not a single pair of the best summer work boots. Generally, the best one will be completely dependent on the person’s preferences and needs.
However, here are a few from our list of today’s top work boots for summer:
- Bates Men’s USMC Durashocks Hot Weather Work Boots
- These boots feature stain-resistant leather and nylon uppers.
- Among the pair’s key features also include impressive durability, breathability, and stability.
- These boots are also very lightweight and are built to keep the feet dry as they come with moisture-wicking linings.
- Red Wing® Men’s Heritage Moc Hot Weather and Summer Work Boots
- These boots are aesthetically very stylish, making the pair fit for a more formal rather than rugged look.
- These comfortable summer work boots mold precisely to the shape of the foot, overall improving comfort, and providing better support.
- The pair boasts sleek, durable uppers that are made from lightweight and breathable premium leather.
- KEEN® Men’s Utility Flint Mid Summer Work Boot
- These summer work boots are impressively lightweight yet at the same time, they offer heavy-duty protection for the feet as they meet ASTM F2412-11 and F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH standards.
- The pair perform well against all types of surfaces and terrains as they are equipped with high-traction, slip, and oil-resistant rubber outsoles.
- These boots are also made extra comfortable as they are designed with well-cushioned, compression-molded EVA midsoles.
What are the best work boots for hot weather?
While there is not one single pair to considered as the overall best work boots for hot weather, a good pair is breathable and lightweight in general. They are also very comfortable and would often have features that will keep the feet from sweating or feeling hot.
Here are some of our top picks for the best work boots for hot weather:
- Belleville® Men’s 551 ST Hot Weather Steel Toe Work Boots
- These boots are designed to be tactical and functional, perfect for those who spend long hours working in the hot field or even deserts.
- The pair is impressively lightweight, durable, and comfortable; they are also made of premium materials that are breathable, making them excellent for hot weather.
- These work boots for hot weather also offer impressive arch support and stability for the feet.
- Dickies® Men’s Solo Affordable Steel Toe Summer Work Shoes
- These boots boast a rugged design that is made of breathable, lightweight, and durable suede leather.
- The pair also offers reliable protection as they are designed with robust steel toe caps.
- These work boots for hot weather are also designed with lightweight mesh linings on the insole to keep the feet cool and dry all day.
What are the best breathable work boots?
The best breathable work boots don’t have to be complicated. Generally, these boots are made of premium, lightweight materials that encourage better airflow all throughout the footwear.
Here are some of our picks when it comes to the best breathable work boots:
- Wolverine® Men’s Wilderness Hiking Work Boot for Hot Weather
- These boots are crafted with uppers that are made of a mix of durable leather and lightweight mesh, encouraging better breathability.
- The pair is designed with mesh overlays that also help in promoting better breathability and footwear ventilation.
- These hot weather work boots are also engineered to be waterproof, ensuring that water or moisture doesn’t get inside the pair.
- 5.11 Tactical® Men’s Taclite Tactical Work Boot for Hot Weather
- These lightweight summer work boots are crafted with breathable uppers that are made with a mix of premium leather and lightweight Cordura nylon.
- The pair is also designed with integrated side vents that encourage better breathability and airflow.
- These boots are also engineered with well-cushioned ortholite sock liners and air mesh panels along with odor control linings that all add up to the overall comfort of the pair.
- Dickies® Men’s Solo Affordable Steel Toe Summer Work Shoes
- These boots boast a lightweight, durable design that is crafted with breathable, suede leather along with mesh underlays.
- The pair also offers reliable protection as it designed with reliable and robust steel toes.
- These summer safety boots are also designed with breathable mesh linings on the insole to keep the feet cool and dry all day.
What are the lightest most comfortable work boots?
Below are some of our personal best picks for the lightweight and extremely comfortable work boots:
- Thorogood® Men’s American Heritage Moc Toe Summer Work Boot
- These boots feature durable yet lightweight uppers that are crafted using premium oil-tanned leather.
- The pair also boast a non-metallic, composite toe design that makes it easily lightweight yet completely sturdy.
- These lightweight summer boots also feature dual-density shock-absorbing footbeds that are engineered with Poron 4000 Comfort Cushion.
- Carhartt® Men’s CMX4023 4-inch Lightweight Moc Toe Work Boot
- These lightweight boots feature classic uppers that are crafted from durable, oil-tanned leather uppers.
- The pair is also well-cushioned and shock-absorbent as they are engineered with Ortholine insoles.
- These boots are also impressively comfortable and breathable as they are equipped with the brand’s moisture-wicking technology called Fast dry®.
Which Pair Of Summer Work Boots Is For You?
Summer is a season enjoyed by many, but it can be crucial when it comes to certain industries. Working under the hot sun for long hours surely can be uncomfortable.
Essentially, having the right set of gears can be a huge advantage. Among these gears are reliable work boots for hot weather.
From lightweight pairs to summer safety boots, there are many options in finding the best hot weather boots. However, the best pair isn’t a single product that fits all and you may want to keep in mind that the best will always be dependent on your needs and preferences.
With our review of today’s top work boots for summer, which work boots for hot weather do you think are for you?