Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Wedge sole work boots were mainly used by iron-workers, construction workers, and carpenters.
Today wedge sole work boots have become very popular as they share a similar shape to that of the modern basketball sneakers.
A wedge outsole (flat soled) offers excellent cushioning and durability and the leather uppers, and classic style of a wedge sole work boot means that you can work hard and still look good.
The Advantages of a Wedge Sole Boots
A wedge sole naturally distributes your weight more evenly and reduces strain on your feet; it is also incredibly comfortable as it cushions your feet and slips resistant.
A wedge sole work boot is more suitable to work on hard flat surfaces and not ideal for climbing or traverse terrain, although there are some wedge sole models that can be used on both tiled, cement and rocky or wet floor surfaces.
A wedge sole work boot also does not track much dirt and gunk around ion the sole; that is why they are so popular amongst farmers in the Midwest.
A wedge sole boot can contain all the safety features of a safety work boot such as a steel toe, steel shank, and electrical hazard protection, as well as provide comforts such as that of a cushioned insole, or EVA midsole.
Who Will Benefit from a Wedge Sole Boot
- Construction Workers who are on their feet all day and work on hard and rough surfaces.
- Iron Workers mostly use them so that their heels do not get caught when they work on the high beams.
- Asphalt Pavers like a Wedge sole boot because they do not track much dirt around.
- Carpenters are also found of wedge sole work boots because of their comfort and because they do not track the dust and wood shavings..
- Some Farmers use wedge sole work boots for their comfort and stability on slippery floors surfaces.
- Anyone working on hard floor surfaces that are not too uneven and where climbing of ladders is not necessary is a good candidate for a wedge sole work boot.
Characteristics of a Wedge Flat Soled Work Boot
- A wedge-shaped cushioned and durable slip and oil resistant outsole.
- Durable and comfortable construction – Goodyear Welt.
- Safety features such as a safety steel or composite toe, electrical hazard protection, and a steel shank.
- Comfort and protective features such as insulation, waterproofing a cushioned insole and supportive fit.
Reviews: Best Wedge Sole Work Boots
Here are some of the best choices of work boots that have a wedge sole along with many other comfort and protective features;
- Oil-tanned leather uppers with contrasting moc-toe stitching for a durable boot that looks good and works hard.
- The removable dual-density shock absorbing insert with Poron 4000 provides cushioned support.
- Manufactured using Goodyear Storm Welt construction for incredible durability and style.
- A composite shank offer added support and stability.
- Available in Oil Tobacco and Gladiator Tobacco colors.
- The Wedge Outsole is well-treaded for a variety of surfaces and is oil, water, slip, and abrasion resistant.
- Manufactured using classic Goodyear Welt Construction featuring full grain leather uppers with your choice of a steel or moc toe.
- The springy rubber midsole along with the nylon shank absorbs shock and gives you added stability and support and flexibility.
- A full-cushioned removable footbed ensures all-day comfort and support.
- Electrical Hazard rated to protect you against electrical hazards at the workplace.
- Available in brown, black and russet colors as well as Narrow, Medium and Wide Width sizes.
- The finest oil-tanned full grain leather uppers for maximum strength and lasting durability.
- The oil-resistant Rubber outsole and Texan footboard will give your durable protection.
- A steel shank for improved stability.
- Manufactured using Goodyear Welt construction using genuine denier yarn to sew the top of the welt.
- The premium leather uppers once broken in will be much softer and have a rougher and distinctive vintage look.
- A variation of colors available.
- Hand Crafted stitch down construction using unlined full grain leather that has been oiled.
- The oiled rich leather uppers will mold to your feet, has minimal break-in time and provides a lightweight and cool comfort in hot temperatures.
- Underfoot Vibram and a blown rubber outsole for slip resistance and durability.
- Electrical hazard safety features, as well as non-conductive soles, provide you with full electrical hazard protection.
- The polyurethane leather lined footbed provides all-day cushioned comfort.
- Available in different neutral colors.
- Tough leather uppers with triple stitched detailing for enhanced durability that looks stunning.
- A cushioned and removable polyurethane footbed and EVA midsole will buffer your feet from the impact on harsh surfaces and provide all-day comfort.
- A soft toe and electrical hazard protection that meets safety standards.
- The padded collar ensures a more comfortable and snug fit and the rear pull-on loop allows easy on and off.
- Rugged and classic leather construction with a Meramec Raptor Polyurethane Wedge outsole.
- A steel safety toe cap for protection against falling objects and compression hazards.
- Also provides protection against electrical hazards.
- A comfortable AG7 Polyurethane footbed.
- Durable full-grain buffalo leather upper construction with a rubber wedge sole for excellent slip resistance.
- The easy pull-on design makes this shoe easy to take off and put on when necessary.
- A removable, comfortable footbed with added Aegis Microbe Shield odor resisting solution to keep feet fresh and dry.
- The longer shaft offer ankle and leg protection.
The Georgia Wedge Wellington Workboot is comfortable and offers protection against chemicals as well as electrical hazards.
- The Georgia Wedge is available in wider widths for every foot shape and type.
- Manufactured from SPR leather with three times the strength to withstand abrasion and chemicals.
- Protective features include a steel toe and electrical hazard protection.
- A comfortable insole and supportive shank keep your feet stable and well supported.
- The Goodyear Welt Construction used to manufacture the Georgia Wedge Wellington Work Boot.
- Oil tanned leather uppers constructed using Goodyear Welt methods.
- An ASTM certified steel toe and electrical hazard protection.
- Excellent traction with the Vibram rubber outsole.
- Great shock absorbency and support.
- Wedge sole that offers superior cushioning.
- An alloy safety steel toe to protects you from falling objects.
- vintage look Leather uppers.
- Slip-resistant outsole to keep you on your feet.
Great inexpensive option for work boots for Industrial Construction and Concrete Contractors.
- Shaft measures approximately 6 from arch
- Goodyear Welt Construction offers Durability.
- Premium Pitstop Water Repellent Leather.
- Mesh Lining to keep your feet warm for winter Botas.
- Comfort Non-Marking Wedge PU Outsole.
- Removable Cushion Insole.
Six-inch boot in vintage leather featuring waxed laces and debossed logo at side, Made in the USA!
- Goodyear welt construction.
- Vibram Christy Crepe Wedge Sole.
With the durability and cushioned comfort that a wedge sole work boot offers along with slip resistance and stability, you cannot go wrong with a Wedge Sole work boot. The choices that we have selected are all durable and hardworking Wedge sole work boots each with their own unique and reliable protection and added comfort features. With a wedge Sole work boot, you can work hard and look great!
Comparison Table: Top Wedge Sole Work Boots
|1||Thorogood Men's American Heritage - 8 Inch Moc Toe Wedge Heel Work Boot||Thorogood||95|
|2||Wolverine Men's W08288 - Moc Toe Wedge Sole Work Boot||Wolverine||97|
|3||Golden Fox Men's Premium Leather - Lightweight Flat Soled Construction Work Boot||Golden Fox||94|
|4||Danner Men's Bull Run - Comfortable Wedge Sole Work Boot for Hot Weather||Danner||96|
|5||Red Wing Men's Classic Moc - 6 Inch Wedge Sole Work Boot||Red Wing||94|
|6||Carolina Men's Domestic - Steel Toe Wedge Sole Work Boot||Carolina||94|
|7||Golden Retriever Men's 9905 - Pull-On Wedge Sole Work Boot||Golden Retriever||90|
|8||Georgia Men's Wedge - Pull On Wedge Work Boot||Georgia||95|
|9||Thorogood Men's American Heritage - 8 Inch Steel Toe Wedge Sole Work Boot||Thorogood||96|
|10||Timberland Pro Men's Barstow Wedge - Steel Toe Work Boot||Timberland Pro||97|
|11||King Rocks Men's Moc Toe - Affordable Wedge Work Boots||King Rocks||97|
|12||Chippewa Men's Collection - Crepe Wedge Sole Work Boot||Chippewa||96|