When it comes to work boots, there are two primary characteristics, and they are Safety and Comfort.
Your work boots need to protect you against all the safety hazards present in your occupational environment as well as provide you with all day maximum comfort in the activities that you are going to be performing.
Work boots come in different shaft lengths from 10 inches to 6 inches and then also your low cut or low top work boots.
Protective Features of a Work Boot
Safety footwear is specially designed to provide you with the maximum amount of protection against the potential work hazards that your work environment holds. Different components make up safety footwear some of these components are;
- Safety Toe Guards who protect you against falling objects, compression and cutting risks. There are different types of safety toes available such as a steel toe, alloy toe, composite toe and even Timberland’s own Titan’s toe.
- Metatarsal guards protect you upper feet from falling objects and can be attached to your safety shoes externally or internally.
- Electrical Hazard rated footwear will protect the wearer against open electrical circuits of up to 600 volts.
- Slip resistance and oil resistance of the sole protects you on wet, oily or dry and slippery floor surfaces.
- Different composites are used to create the comfort levels in a safety shoe. Each and every person has their own comfort needs and different foot types so the level of comfort will depend on the individual’s needs.
Pros & Cons of a Low Cut Work Boot
A low cut work boot will give you more freedom of movement and tends to be a bit more lightweight. Low top work boots are more suitable for a less hazardous environment or where less ankle protection and support is required. A low Top work boot looks more professional and can be worn on site as well as in the office. The Low Top work boot is also a bit cooler and less constraining.
A high top work boot offers excellent ankle support and protects your feet and ankles against hazardous substances from entering the shoe or harming your ankles. A higher top work boot also gives more warmth and insulation against cold weather conditions.
The choice of a low or high top boot will rest entirely upon your occupational requirements and personal preferences.
Features of a Good Low Top Work Boot
As with any other Safety Work Boot a Low Top work boot should also have some or all of these required Features depending on your work environment;
- A Protective Safety toe, whether it is steel or composite will depend on your working environment.
- Durable and Tough construction.
- Waterproofing if required.
- Electrical Hazards protection if your work with or near electricity.
- An oil and slip resistant durable outsole.
- A protective shank for puncture hazards.
- Inuslation for cold weather conditions.
- a comfortable insole.
- Overall comfort and support for your foot type and conditions
Reviews: Best Low Top Work Boots
There is a large variety of low top or low-cut work boots available from popular and trusted brands that offer you unique safety and durability features along with all the sought after comfort characteristic’s that any work boot should have. We have chosen some of the best low top ranges of work boots from top brands with the highest ratings.
- A Stylish Athletic style steel-toe work shoe.
- midsole: EVA foam makes it very comfortable work shoe to wear.
- Outsole: Oil and water slip-resistant rubber.
- Athletic styling with breathable textile and synthetic leather uppers and a lace up closure.
- The padded collar and mesh lining with antimicrobial treatment keep your feet comfortable and odor-free.
- An alloy safety toe shaped on the Titan last for protection and a superior fit.
- Manufactured using Cement construction for flexibility and reduced break-in time.
- A conductive polyurethane midsole offers consistent static-dissipative performance.
- A durable synthetic outsole that provides good grip on multiple surface areas.
- Available in Black and Black/Orange colors.
- Breathable Mesh for better moisture control.
- Removable Memory Tech Insoles that adapts to the unique contours of your foot.
- Foam Midsole for cushion and ultimate range of motion.
- Full grain leather uppers that are durable and comfortable.
- A removable open-cell polyurethane cushioned footbed for comfort and support.
- The ultra-light ethylene vinyl acetate midsole ensures all-day comfort and shock absorbency.
- For added flexibility and durability the boot has been constructed using Opanka technology.
- Available in four neutral colors.
- Atletic constructed leather uppers with breathable mesh panels.
- A removable comfort footbed for added support and comfort.
- The rugged non-marking outsole provides excellent grip on many outdoor and indoor floor surfaces.
- Electrical Hazard protection along with a steel toe for protection against falling objects and compression hazards.
- Two color options available.
- The uppers are made from smooth action leather with durable synthetic overlays and mesh fabric inserts for breathability.
- A waterproof and seam sealed design for added protection against wet conditions.
- The protective synthetic toe and heel bumpers provide durability and protection.
- A padded tongue and collar for a more comfortable fit.
- The cushioned removable insole is topped with memory foam for the most incredible all-day comfort and support.
- A supportive midsole ensures maximum shock absorption.
- An all-terrain rubber outsole with lug traction and wrap around rubber sidewall traction lugs for superior grip and durability.
- A Steel toe that is ASTM F2412-2011 I/75 C/75 as well as Electrical Hazard Safety rated.
- A pull-on work boot constructed using the durable and tough Goodyear Welt construction method.
- Durable and comfortable uppers with dual side goring.
- A removable PU footbed for all-day comfort.
- The steel shank provides protection and improved stability.
- An EVA midsole that provides excellent shock absorption and lightweight underfoot cushioning.
- A Trekker EVA rubber outsole with a shallow tread for the best performance.
- A protective steel toe and electrical hazard protection.
- The uppers are made from soft and flexible leather with reinforced stitching and gored insets on the vamp for durability and comfort.
- The memory foam insole and shock absorbent midsole provide superior support and comfort.
- The Skechers Rockland-Hooper is ASTM approved and rated Electrical Hazard safe.
- The durable rubber outsole meets the OSHA’s non-slip requirements.
The Georgia Giant Romeo Work Boots are convenient and comfortable for all-day wear.
- Easy to put on and take off work boot.
- Full grain leather with Goodyear welt construction.
- Stylish yet sturdy and durable, these boots are made to last.
- Ultra-padded footbed provides excellent comfort and support.
Index Table: Low Top Work Boots
|1||Keen Men's Destin - Low Cut Steel Toe Shoe||Keen||95|
|2||Timberland Pro Men's Power Train - Sport Alloy Toe Low Top Work Boot||Timberland Pro||96|
|3||Reebok Men's Sublite RB4040 - Low Cut Industrial and Construction Shoe||Reebok||95|
|4||Wolverine Men's Falcon - Slip-On Composite Toe Low Top Work Boot||Wolverine||94|
|5||Keen Utility Men's Flint - Steel Toe Low Cut Work Boot||Keen Utility||95|
|6||Skechers Men's Blais - Steel Toe Waterproof Hiking Style Work Boot||Skechers||97|
|7||Irish Setter Men's Romeo - Steel Toe EH Safety Pull On Low Top Work Boot||Irish Setter||96|
|8||Skechers Men's Rockland-Hooper - Low Cut Pull On Work Boots||Skechers||96|
|9||Georgia Men's Giant Romeo - Low Top Work Boots||Georgia||97|