Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Wearing safety Work boots that fit too tightly or are too narrow for your foot type particularly if you have a wider foot can cause pain and other health issues, hence, it is important that you get the best work for wide feet.
Foot Conditions Caused by Narrow & Tight Boots
Foot conditions such as:
- Ingrown toenails
- Crossover toe
A Work Boot that is too narrow will squeeze your feet causing significant pain and discomfort and a variety of foot conditions and concerns in the long run.
Characterises of a Work Shoe for Wide Feet
- Should be specific width sizing and not just “wide”.
- A wider sole and forefoot area.
- A square or round toe with ample toe room in the toe box.
- Safety features such as a steel or composite toe and electrical hazard protection.
- Tough and durable construction.
- Waterproofing and insulation where required.
- A wider durable, oil and slip resistant outsole.
6E Wide Width Work Boots
- True 6E Wide Work Boot made from Leather and Synthetic sole.
- Steel Shank that prevents objects penetrating from below.
- Breathable Dri-Lex lining with moisture wicking properties.
- Removable arch support insoles.
- Waterproof leather uppers.
- Slip-resistant outsole.
- Removable extra-thick orthotics.
5E Wide Width Work Boots
- Podietrist designed orthopedic boot that is comfortabel and supportive.
- Waterproof Nylon mesh lining.
- Sealtex waterproof leather technology.
- Hook and speed lace system for best fit.
- Rubber outsole with a self-cleaning design.
- Uppers made of a combination of Suede and Mesh.
- Rubber outsole.
- Removable footbed for orthotic replacement.
- EVA midsole for better cushioning durability.
4E Wide Width Work Boots
There is also a Soft Toe Version of this EEEE (4E) Wide Work Boot; Here is a Link for it: Wolverine Men’s Harrison 6-Inch Soft Toe Boot
- 100% Leather Steel Toe Work Boot.
- Removable full cushion insoles.
- Moisture-wicking mesh linings.
- Cemented anti slip rubber sole construction.
- This full-grain leather work boot is made in the USA.
- It has a dual density synthetic polyurethane outsole with a platform measures approximately 0.75 inches
- Removable polyurethane insoles.
- Fiberglass shank.
- Goodyear storm welt construction
- Leather sporty style Steel Toe Boot.
- There is also a Soft Toe Version of this EEEE (4E) Wide Work Boot; Here is a Link for it: Dunham Men’s Lawrence Soft Toe Boot
- Internal textile lining natural ventilation.
- Good traction via the rubber outsole.
- Combination of Leather and Synthetic Uppers.
- Slip Resistant rubber outsole.
- Revlite midsole foam that is 30% lighter than traditional foams.
- Composite Toe protection.
- Electrical Hazzard
- Rubber sole
- UA ClutchFit™ technology around the ankle – a lightweight “second skin” support.
- Waterproof: UA Storm technology repels water.
- Synthetic leather & textile upper with abrasion-resistant around the edge of the foot.
- Full-length Micro G® foam that converts the cushioned landings into explosive takeoffs.
- Lightweight TPU shank for mid-foot support & the right amount of rigidity.
- Made from genuine leather.
- Steel Toe Cap for protection
- Rubber anti-slip outsole
- ABZORB midsole for cushioning.
- ASTM certified work shoe.
2E and 3E Wide Width Work Boots
Here are the best available work boots that have a wider fit or are available in wide width options;
The Wolverine Raider is engineered to handle the toughest and most extreme work environments in confidence providing the utmost comfort and protection.
- The uppers consist of full grain leather that has added breathability.
- A removable MultiShox footbed delivers full-cushioned comfort and support.
- The Wolverine Raider has been constructed using Contour Welt Construction technology for extreme durability and flexibility.
- This Work Boot is available in an extra wider width for wider feet.
For cushioned comfort and support as well as robust protection the Dr. Martens Ironbrifge is your best bet.
- The uppers are manufactured from Industrial Oiled Tumbled water resistant Gaucho Volcano leather using Goodyear welt construction methods.
- The uppers and sole are heat-sealed and sewn together for extreme durability.
- A padded collar, tongue, and ankle support provide a comfortable and secure fit.
- The air cushioned sole is oil, fat, petrol and alkali resistant offering you support and complete protection.
- A Safety toe cap provides protection against impact and force from falling objects and compression hazards.
A western style wide width work boot, the Sierra fro Ariat is durable, protective, comfortable and available in wider widths to accommodate every foot size and shape.
- Premium full-grain leather uppers and a wider square toe for more wiggle room and a comfortable fit.
- Constructed with the sturdy and durable Goodyear Welt construction method.
- The ATS technology provides superior comfort and stability.
- The Ariat Sierra also provides electrical hazard protection as an added safety features.
- The Duratread outsole is long-lasting and delivers oil, slip and heat resistance.
The Timberland Pro Direct Attach is comfortable and packed with safety and protective features making this boot perfect for any work environment.
- A durable leather work boot that is waterproof and insulated with 400 grams of insulation keeping you dry and warm in the coldest of weather conditions.
- The steel toe offers protection against compression hazards and falling objects.
- An open-cell polyurethane footbed with antimicrobial treatment along with mesh interior linings keeps you dry, comfortable and odor-free.
- A nylon shock diffusion plate attenuates shock and keeps your feet well supported.
- The non-marking lug rubber outsole is slip resistant and seam sealed to the uppers for exemplary durability.
- This work boot is available in wider widths.
- Nubuck leather is soft and offering comfort to your feet.
- EVA cushioning pads for excellent shock absorption and more comfort.
- Excellent for slippery surface work environments as it is oil and slip resistant.
- Meta-atomical footbed cradles your feet for all-day comfort.
- Dry’s waterproof Technology with a breathable membrane to keep your feet dry and fresh.
The Timberland Pro Titan 6 is, and Exceptional Safety Work boot that is waterproof and slip-resistant as well as available in wide and extra wide sizes to accommodate every foot size and shape.
- Tough and durable leather uppers with a speed lacing system and protective Alloy toe.
- The polyurethane midsole delivers lightweight cushioning that is durable and supportive.
- A moisture channeling mesh lining with antimicrobial treatment ensures that your feet stay dry and odor free.
- The oil and slip resistant outsole is made from extremely durable, high-quality rubber.
- The Timberland Pro Titan 6 is available in narrow to extra wide widths and many sizes.
The Importance of a Safety Work Boot
A Safety Work Boot protects you from debilitating foot injuries that can result in you having to undergo serious medical treatment as well as time away from work and further complications in the future.
- Falling and Flying objects are the main concern in industries where there are many people, machines, and vehicles operating with heavy materials in a dynamic environment. A protective steel or composite toe can provide effective protection against falling objects and compression hazards that may crush and injure the feet.
- Workers may step on sharp protruding objects that can puncture their shoes and feet causing a serious injury. This can be prevented by wearing protective work boots that have a thick and durable sole that may have a metal plate for added safety.
- Machinery with sharp moving parts pose a cutting hazard. Cut resistant materials, as well as a steel toe, also provide protection against cutting hazards.
- Some Safety Work Boots have the added feature of providing electrical hazard protection from potential electrical shock or from static electricity that has accumulated.
- Another major incident in the workplace is falling either by slipping or tripping. Work Boots that provide the appropriate traction and have proper threads that are slip and oil resistant will prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Many industrial workers are on their feet all day some on hard concrete floors which can cause extreme foot fatigue. Comfort and support features such as cushioning, arch support and shock absorption will help to prevent foot fatigue, injuries and other foot conditions.
- chemical burns and burns from chemicals, fire or hot molten metals can cause serious injuries. Work Boots that are made from durable materials can prevent burns from all these elements.
- When you work in freezing weather conditions or snow a waterproof work boot with insulation can provide you with much-required warmth and protection. For extremely hot weather or work conditions, breathability and ventilation features can make a huge difference.
Stay safe and comfortable in one of these top brands of work boots with excellent safety, comfort, and durability features, that are available in wider widths.