Safety work boots protect you against many hazards in the workplace and also provide comfort and support for a long day on your feet. Wearing safety Work boots that fit too tightly or are too narrow for your foot type particularly if you have a wider foot can cause pain and other health issues, hence, it is important that you get the best work for wide feet.
Index Table for the Best Work Boots for Wide Feet
|1||Timberland Pro Men's Titan 6 - Safety Waterproof Wide Width Work Shoe||Timberland Pro||95|
|2||Wolverine Men's Raider - Gore Tex Work Boot for Wide Feet||Wolverine||94|
|3||Dr. Martens Men's Ironbridge - Wide Steel Toe Work Boot||Dr. Martens||96|
|4||Ariat Men's Sierra - Wide Square Toe Slip On Work Boot||Ariat||95|
|5||Timberland Pro Men's Direct Attach - Steel Toe Wide Width Work Boot||Timberland Pro||95|
The Importance of a Safety Work Boot
A Safety Work Boot protects you from debilitating foot injuries that can result in you having to undergo serious medical treatment as well as time away from work and further complications in the future.
- Falling and Flying objects are the main concern in industries where there are many people, machines, and vehicles operating with heavy materials in a dynamic environment. A protective steel or composite toe can provide effective protection against falling objects and compression hazards that may crush and injure the feet.
- Workers may step on sharp protruding objects that can puncture their shoes and feet causing a serious injury. This can be prevented by wearing protective work boots that have a thick and durable sole that may have a metal plate for added safety.
- Machinery with sharp moving parts pose a cutting hazard. Cut resistant materials, as well as a steel toe, also provide protection against cutting hazards.
- Some Safety Work Boots have the added feature of providing electrical hazard protection from potential electrical shock or from static electricity that has accumulated.
- Another major incident in the workplace is falling either by slipping or tripping. Work Boots that provide the appropriate traction and have proper treads that are slip and oil resistant will prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Many industrial workers are on their feet all day some on hard concrete floors which can cause extreme foot fatigue. Comfort and support features such as cushioning, arch support and shock absorption will help to prevent foot fatigue, injuries and other foot conditions.
- chemical burns and burns from chemicals, fire or hot molten metals can cause serious injuries. Work Boots that are made from durable materials can prevent burns from all these elements.
- When you work in freezing weather conditions or snow a waterproof work boot with insulation can provide you with much-required warmth and protection. For extremely hot weather or work conditions breathability and ventilation features can make a huge difference.
Foot Conditions Caused by Narrow and Tight Fitting Shoes
Foot conditions such as corns, calluses, bunions, ingrown toenails, hammertoe, and crossover toe are all likely conditions that may develop when you wear ill-fitting work Boots. A Work Boot that is too narrow will squeeze your feet causing significant pain and discomfort and a variety of foot conditions and concerns in the long run.
What Charactarises a Work Shoe for Wide Feet
- The shoe should be available in wider width sizes.
- A wider sole and forefoot area.
- A square or round toe with ample toe room in the toe box.
- Safety features such as a steel or composite toe and electrical hazard protection.
- Tough and durable construction.
- Waterproofing and insulation where required.
- A wider durable, oil and slip resistant outsole.
The Top Wide Width Work Boots
Here are the best available work boots that have a wider fit or are available in wide width options;
The Timberland Pro Titan 6 is, and Exceptional Safety Work boot that is waterproof and slip resistant as well as available in wide and extra wide sizes to accommodate every foot size and shape.
- Tough and durable leather uppers with a speed lacing system and protective Alloy toe.
- The polyurethane midsole delivers lightweight cushioning that is durable and supportive.
- A moisture channeling mesh lining with antimicrobial treatment ensures that your feet stay dry and odor free.
- The oil and slip resistant outsole are made from extremely durable, high-quality rubber.
- The Timberland Pro Titan 6 is available in narrow to extra wide widths and many sizes.
The Wolverine Raider is engineered to handle the toughest and most extreme work environments in confidence providing the utmost comfort and protection.
- The uppers consist of full grain leather that is completely waterproof with mesh and a Gore-Tex membrane lining for complete protection against liquids and breathability.
- A removable MultiShox footbed delivers full-cushioned comfort and support.
- The Wolverine Raider has been constructed using Contour Welt Construction technology for extreme durability and flexibility.
- This Work Boot is available in a wider width for wider feet.
- The uppers are manufactured from Industrial Oiled Tumbled water resistant Gaucho Volcano leather using Goodyear welt construction methods.
- The uppers and sole are heat-sealed and sewn together for extreme durability.
- A padded collar, tongue, and ankle support provide a comfortable and secure fit.
- The air cushioned sole is oil, fat, petrol and alkali resistant offering you support and complete protection.
- A Safety toe cap provides protection against impact and force from falling objects and compression hazards.
A western style wide width work boot, the Sierra fro Ariat is durable, protective, comfortable and available in wider widths to accommodate every foot size and shape.
- Premium full grain leather uppers and a wider square toe for more wiggle room and a comfortable fit.
- Constructed with the sturdy and durable Goodyear Welt construction method.
- The ATS technology provides superior comfort and stability.
- The Ariat Sierra also provides electrical hazard protection as an added safety features.
- The Duratread outsole is long lasting and delivers oil, slip and heat resistance.
The Timberland Pro Direct Attach is comfortable and packed with safety and protective features making this boot perfect for any work environment.
- A durable leather work boot that is waterproof and insulated with 400 grams of insulation keeping you dry and warm in the coldest of weather conditions.
- The steel toe offers protection against compression hazards and falling objects.
- An open-cell polyurethane footbed with antimicrobial treatment along with mesh interior linings keeps you dry, comfortable and odor-free.
- A nylon shock diffusion plate attenuates shock and keeps your feet well supported.
- The non-marking lug rubber outsole is slip resistant and seam sealed to the uppers for exemplary durability.
- This work boot is available in wider widths.
Stay safe and comfortable in one of these top brands of work boots with excellent safety, comfort and durability features, that are available in wider widths.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Index Table for the Best Work Boots for Wide Feet
- The Importance of a Safety Work Boot
- Foot Conditions Caused by Narrow and Tight Fitting Shoes
- What Charactarises a Work Shoe for Wide Feet
- The Top Wide Width Work Boots