Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
Your work boots are not only there to protect your feet against work hazards, but just as important to keep them comfortable and well supported.
Cushioning in a work boot can make such a huge difference when it comes to comfort and support, that I would go as far as to recommend good cushioning in every Work Boot for every occupation.
Different Types of Cushioning
- EVA – Ethylene Vinyl Acetate is one of the most used and most popular forms of cushioning used in everything from Athletic Shoes to Work Boots. EVA is an elastic material, similar to rubber that offers exceptional cushioning and shock absorbing capabilities along with extreme durability. EVA can be used in either a single, double or even triple layers for cushioned comfort.
Phylon – Phylon is a foam made from EVA foam pellets which are compressed and expanded with heat, and lastly cooled into a mold. Phylon can be used in the midsole to add a more does and stable form of cushioning.
Rubber – Believe it or not the rubber in the outsole of most work boots whether Vibram or general rubber provides thick and does cushioning that absorbs shock from impact when you walk, stand or run.
Memory Foam – Memory foam is more likely to be found in most of your luxury or orthopedic type work boots and is a very soft and plush form of foam that has the ability to contour to the shape of your feet providing you with a more customizable form of cushioning.
The Advantages of Cushioning in your Work Boots
- Cushioning provides excellent support and comfort.
- You can prevent foot and leg fatigue with good cushioning technology.
- Cushioning ensures excellent shock absorption.
- Cushioning protects not only your feet but your ankles, knees, and back against impact.
- Relieve foot, knee, ankle and back pain with cushioning.
Other Features of a Good Cushioned Work Boot
Besides Cushioning for Comfort, here are some other features to look out for in a Good Work Boot;
- Uppers – Durable leather or synthetic materials with preferably Cement or Goodyear Welt Construction methods.
- Lining – Smooth interior linings with moisture wicking capabilities.
- Outsole – A thick and shock absorbing outsole that likewise provides good grip and slip resistance, and is durable for your work environment.
- Other Safety Features – Some other safety features may include Waterproof membranes, Heat protection, electrical hazard safe materials, Insulation for cold conditions, or breathable materials for hot conditions, such as mesh and Gore-Tex.
- Support – Arch support for your arch type, a stability shank, motion control, wedge heel, and heel cap are all support features that add comfort.
Reviews: The Best Cushioned Work Boots
Here are some varieties of your best available cushioned work boots;
The Skechers for work Workshire is a full safety work boot that will provide you with ample protection in an industrial work environment.
This work boot is highly comfortable and cushioned to provide you with the best in shock absorbency and support.
- Features the popular Skechers Relaxed fit system for a more comfortable fit.
- The tongue and collar are padded for comfort.
- The high traction rubber outsole offers exceptional slip and oil resistance.
- There is a cushioning lining in the footbed, That provides support and wicks away moisture.
- The safety features include electrical hazard protection and a Steel protective toe cap.
The Timberland Pro Wedge Sole work boot is the perfect example of a work boot with EVA cushioning and a wedge sole for even more shock absorbing cushioning.
This model has a stylish appeal making it perfect for on and off-site wear, in a less hazardous work environment and around the office.
- Soft and supple leather uppers with a handsome moc toe design and lace-up closure for a secure fit.
- A Thick EVA midsole that offere xcepetional cushioning.
- The durable rubber wedge outsole ensures good grip and extra cushioning and stability.
The Ariat groundbreaker is a stunning looking Cowboy Style, slip-on work boot that protects and covers your ankles.
Inside the boot, there is a cushioned comfortable high rebound insole for support and shock absorbency.
- Leather uppers in a slip on design with exquisite decorative stitching details.
- A thick and durable Duratread rubber outsole that is oil and slip resistant.
- Inside is a breathable mesh lining and the cushioned, comfort high rebound insole.
- This work boot is available in a larger size and wider width options as well as a few color variations.
The EVERBOOTS Tank model is a hard wearing and durable construction work boot manufactured using Goodyear Welt construction methods. This work boot also features a soft cushioned insole and insulated interior for colder work conditions.
- Durable and supple leather upper.
- A cushioned comfortable insole, that is removable.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent shock absorbency and slip resistance.
- Tough and durable Goodyear welt Construction.
I would highly recommend this work boot for anyone working with electrical equipment or in an area where there is static electricity build up.
The Burgin from Skechers is a highly soft and comfortable work boot ideal for moderate work environments, with a memory foam insole, and electrical hazard protection features.
- Soft and supple leather upper construction with a protective Composite Toe.
- A thick and durable slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Features a relaxed and comfortable fit design.
- Inside there is full Memory foam cushioning.
- Features electrical Dissipative properties and characteristics, that prevents the build-up of static electricity.
- This work boot is similarly available in wider widths if you require a bit of extra room.
The Irish Setter 83606 model is a highly durable and tough work boot with the addition of a Polyurethane cushioned insole to support your feet and provide ample shock absorbency.
The wedge heel in turn likewise has its input when it comes to shock absorbency and cushioning, and ads a touch of stability and sophistication to this shoe.
- The uppers are durable and made from soft and supple genuine leather with a moccasin style toe and seamless smooth interior.
- Inside there is a comfortable moisture wicking lining to keep your feet dry and protected.
- The Polyurethane cushioned insole, provides exceptional cushioned comfort and support.
- The outsole is made from rubber and heat resistant up to 475 degrees Fahrenheit, also making this shoe ideal for working in extreme heat conditions.
- The Heel is molded to the counter for slight stability and support.
- Safety features include electrical hazard safe materials, to protect you against electrical hazards, and heat resistance, and a protective aluminum toe cap.
- Meets ASTM safety standards for toe protection, heat resistance, and electrical hazard safety.
Index Table: Top Rated Cushioned Work Boots
|1||Skechers for Work Men's Workshire - Cushioned Safety Work Boots||Skechers for Work||98|
|2||Timberland Pro Men's Wege Sole - EVA Cushioned Cushioned Work Boots||Timberland Pro||97|
|3||Ariat Men's Groundbreaker - Slip On Cushioned Work Boots||Ariat||97|
|4||EVERBOOTS Men's Tank - Cushioned Durable Work Boots||EVERBOOTS||96|
|5||Skechers for Work Men's Burgin - Memory Foam Cushioned Work Boots||Skechers for Work||98|
|6||Irish Setter Men's 83606 - Asphalt Paving Work Boots||Irish Setter||96|