Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
The right work boot should provide you with the required protection against the specific hazards in your work place as well as the comfort and support features needed for your foot type and work activity requirements.
What will Affect Your Choice of Work Boot
Your occupation or the activities that you are going to be performing will have the greatest impact on your choice of a work boot. The environment and temperature conditions that you are going to be working in are also an important factor. Lastly, your own personal preference and your foot type and conditions also form an integral part of your decision process. When you are working you want a boot that offers the required protection for all the hazards present in your occupation, as well as that provides your feet with the specific comfort and support that they need.
For a normal office job, you will only need a comfortable and stylish boot with the least amount of safety features, whereas, with an industrial or outdoor job you will need protection from the elements and other hazards, and a boot that is more durable.
Who will Benefit Most from a Safety Work Boot
Engineers, concrete finishers, construction workers, miners, and loggers and all other industrial and outdoor workers will need protective safety work boots. Employees working in extreme temperatures, wet conditions and with chemicals and hazardous substances will all need safety shoes that offer protection and features that apply to those conditions.
Features of a Good Safety Work Boot
- You may be working for very long hours and be on your feet either standing or walking around all day, in some cases climbing and running. Therefore a work boot that offers support and cushioning helps to absorb shock and is a good fit is vital.
- For hot work or hot weather conditions you will need a boot that is light and well ventilated with moisture absorption capabilities and breathability.
- In wet conditions, you will need a boot that is completely waterproof.
- A rubber sole that offers excellent traction and grip is a must in any work boot as it will protect you on wet and slippery floor surfaces as well as provide added support for your feet and ankles.
- Boots that are oil and water and abrasion resistant are great in a harsh working environment especially if there are abrasives and chemicals that you may come into contact with.
- A steel toe or steel shank boot is necessary for most industrial work environments to protect your feet from falling objects and compression.
- Lastly, a great work boot should be durable and able to withstand weather elements and tough and continual use. Therefore it should be made out of quality materials and constructed using the best technology to give you a boot that will last.
The Top Rated Work Boots for 2019
Below are our five top picks of the ultimate and best work boots available for 2019;
The Danner Radical is made for demanding performance and comfort. Lightweight but tough, the Danner Radical 452 offers great stability with instant response. Becuase it is made from Waterproof Full Grain Nubuck leather, getting your feet wet won`t be a problem that you have to worry about anymore.
- Made from full grain waterproof Nubuck leather and Mesh.
- The radial house sturdy plates and Terra force construction of the boot make it ideal for hazardous environments.
- It is A lace up waterproof boot that has a protective toe overlay.
- The Danner`s Radical is amazingly breathable thanks to the Gore-TEX technology and also features a supportive sole for added comfort.
- A padded tongue and collar for added comfort.
- A pull loop at the heel is making the boot easy to put on and remove.
- Manufactured with synthetic lug outsole for excellent grip and traction on any floor surface.
Every man appreciates comfort and support for their feet, especially when performing long hours of strenuous and tough work. The Wolverine Raider 2421 is one of the most comfortable work boots available on the market today. They are made with full grain leather, abrasion, and water resistant materials as well as many other comforts and durability features.
- Made from full grain leather with speed lacing.
- A rubber sole that offers good grip on slippery floor surfaces.
- A cushioned collar for added comfort.
- The heel measures1.25 inches, the platform 0.75 inches, and the shaft is 5.5 inches from the arch.
One of the best-rated work boots with its high performance and excellent qualities, Chippewa`s Rugged Lace boots are made from the finest quality materials. A durable and affordable boot with iron Texon insoles to keep your outdoor adventures comfortable. Chippewa is well-reputed for their high-quality footwear, and the Chippewa Men’s Rugged Work Boots are sure not to disappoint.
- The Boot comes in burnished leather featuring American Flag lace pin, contrast midsole, and debossed logo on the side.
- Manufactured in the USA from the finest materials.
- A durable Vibram sole.
- The shaft measures 6 inches from the arch.
- A lace-up boot with D-ring lacing hardware.
- A comfortable, removable cushion insert.
- Stylish and fashionable appearance, perfect for in and out of the office.
The Caterpillar Second Shift is titled as the best electrical work boot for men. Equipped with an electrical hazard rating, a steel toe, as well as special EH construction they are excellent ASTM F2413, rated Safety Work Boots. These boots are made to withstand over 600 volts. They are also great to wear in any weather condition and will keep your feet comfortable throughout the worst conditions.
- Made from high-quality leather.
- A rubber sole for protection against electrical hazards and slippery surfaces.
- A steel toe work boot with rugged leather construction.
- A plush collar and tongue for added comfort.
- Hex-shaped grommets with speed lacing at the shaft.
- Oil resistant traction outsoles.
Timberland has made their best even better! The Timberland men’s waterbuck work shoes offer a whole new comfort system inside while still keeping their classic, stylish appearance. The new men’s work boots from Timberland are packing an exclusive anti-fatigue technology to help you stay on your feet all day long without any discomfort while returning energy to your feet and relieving pressure from all the high-stress zones.
- A rubber sole.
- Direct attached, seam sealed, waterproof construction to keep your feet dry.
- A steel shank for maximum support and protection.
- Double-barreled padded comfort system.
- Glove leather lining and a padded ankle collar for an excellent fit.
You cannot go wrong with the Keen Utility Milwaukee, Keen is a well-known brand in work boots and this is one of their safest and most comfortable steel toe work boots for tough work environments.
- Manufactured from the toughest leather that is abrasion resistant.
- A durable oil and slip resistant non-marking outsole.
- Constructed using Goodyear Welt technology for even tougher performance.
- Comes with a removable metatomical dual density EVA footbed for luxurious comfort and support.
- The added protection of a steel toe.
Ariat is one of the most popular names in Pull-On work boots, we have chosen the Work Hog model which is the best rated and most well known for its performance and endurance in the industrial work environment.
- A cowboy styled pull-on work boot made from leather with a durable rubber outsole.
- The breathable mesh lining allows for thorough ventilation in hot weather.
- A safety standard composite toe as well as electrical hazard safety features.
- Comes with advanced torque stability technology and a composite forked shank.
The Carhartt Composite Toe Work Boot is a rugged yet comfortable work boot that has flex technology which allows the boot to stretch with you throughout your day allowing you more freedom of movement.
- Manufactured from 100% leather with stretch technology for more comfort and ease of movement.
- A shock absorbing rubber sole that is durable and offers good slip resistance.
- The lightweight EVA midsole and Ortholite insole give you lightweight comfort and support.
- Electrical hazard safe and an ASTM rated composite toe for added protection in the workplace.
These are the highest rated and most wanted work boots available for 2019. These boots have been chosen from the most popular names in work boot brands and are all manufactured from durable and high-quality materials each boot with its own unique features.
Index Table for the Best Rated Work Boots for 2019
|1||Danner Men's Radical 452 GTX - Waterproof Outdoor Work Boot||Danner||96|
|2||Wolverine Men's Raider - Comfortable Work Boot||Wolverine||95|
|3||Chippewa Men's Rugged - Handcrafted Comfortable Work Boot||Chippewa||96|
|4||Caterpillar Men's Second Shift - Steel Toe Work Boot||Caterpillar||97|
|5||Timberland Men's Premium - Scuff proof Work Boot||Timberland||96|
|6||Keen Utility Men's Milwaukee - Steel Toe Work Boot||Keen Utility||96|
|7||Ariat Men's Work Hog - Pull On Work Boot||Ariat||96|
|8||Carhartt Men's CMF6366 - Composite Toe Work Boot||Carhartt||96|