For style and functionality, you cannot go wrong with square toe work boots. They are perfect work boot that comes in many variations from lightweight to even the most heavy duty work in the toughest work environments so you can perform in comfort and safety with all day lasting protection.
There are many different styles of work boots to choose from if you need a more comfortable and roomy fit for toe-movement a square toe work boot could be just what you need.
The Square Toe Work Boot
The choice of a round, square or pointy toe work boot is entirely dependent on the personal style choice of the wearer.
Most pointy and square toe work boots are pull-on western style boots although there are some square toe lace-up boots available.
It is a classic style not just seen from the 1900’s but also popular in the ’40s and ’50s.
A square toe boot can make very long feet appear shorter and also have the function of providing more toe room than their pointy or round counterparts.
The square toe is ideal for those who have a wider foot or a condition such as hammertoes and bunions, requiring the extra toe room.
Characteristics of a Square Toe Work Boot
- Width: A wider Square toe that can be steel, composite, alloy or soft toe.
- Construction: Well constructed durable and comfortable leather or synthetic uppers with or without breathable mesh.
- Comfort: A comfortable moisture wicking liner, a cushioned insole, and supportive midsole.
- Protective: Other protective features such as electrical hazard protection, waterproofing, and insulation.
- Durability: A tough and long lasting outsole that is a slip and oil resistant.
Reviews: Top Rated Square-Toe Work Boots
Following are some reviews on the top rated brands of square toe work boots;
The Justin Original is a comfortable and durable work boot that is meant for less hazardous and harsh work environments offering electrical hazard protection and a supportive fit.
- Stylish and comfortable leather uppers with a classic rugged look.
- The cream blown rubber wedge outsole of the Justin Original provides excellent stability and support, particularly on hard surfaces.
- This work boot will give you protection in the workplace where there may be a risk of electrical shock.
- The composite square toe is tough and light, therefore it is comfortable giving extra wiggle room for the toes in this square toe work boot.
- For all-day comfort and support, the cushioned insole provides are cushioning and shock absorption.
If you are looking for a very comfortable work boot, the Ariat Rambler features the popular ATS comfort system that provides the ultimate amount of support and comfort for all-day wear in a tough environment
- The Ariat Rambler features a classic and stylish cowboy-look with modern details and rugged durability.
- A durable and comfortable leather shaft that is easy to pull on and unlined to improve breathability sets the tone for the Ariat Rambler.
- The foundation of this shoe is its deep treaded rubber sole that will keep you firm on your feet and prevent snaps and falls.
- The ATS comfort system which is the main attraction of the Ariat Rambler includes a cushioned footbed that reduces fatigue, a composite shank which supports the foot and reduces metatarsal stress, as well as a forked shank for more natural forefoot flex.
- The ATS footbed also features a low friction surface for protection against heat build-up and blistering while the gel forefoot cushion reduces the impact on your bones and joints.
- The steel toe offers you added protection in the workplace while the Cupped footbed chassis offers you torsional stability.
- This shoe can be worn after hours for any occasion because of its classy and fashionable design.
The Carhartt Wellington Square Toe Workboot offers a simple yet classic design with rugged durability, great construction, as well as safety and comfort characteristics making this boot perfect for any work environment.
- An 11-inch work boot with tough Goodyear Welt construction and quality materials that will stand the test of time.
- A comfortable and supportive CMEVA midsole that absorbs shock and a PU strobe pad along with the cushioned insole will ensure your layers and layers of comfort, flexibility, and support.
- The uppers style a two-tone brown oil-tanned leather construction that is comfortable and durable.
- For those hot sunny days, what is not better than a breathable moisture wicking lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- The Carhartt Wellington is finished off with a solid and rugged outsole that provides excellent grip and traction.
For the hardcore worker, the Ariat Terrain Endurance work boot is about as tough and rugged as you can get.
A sturdy and durable protective work boot that can endure any terrain and remain one of the most stylish western boots on the market.
- The Ariat Terrain Endurance feature full grain leather Cordura uppers with a padded top collar and a classic and stylish Western look.
- A shock absorbing EVA midsole with a moisture-wicking cushioned footbed, and low friction surface will prevent heat build-up and blistering as well as provide you with all-day comfort and support.
- The lightweight composite shank forms the core fo this Ariat work boot and provides stability and support.
- A heel stabilizer ensures excellent shock absorption and support along with the patented shank to reduce foot fatigue.
- The protective features of the Ariat work boot include a steel toe and ASTM-rated electrical hazard safety assurance.
- All of these fantastic features are based on a durable and sturdy Duratread outsole for ultimate comfort and maximum wear resistance.
For the ultimate durability and the most authentic and stylish Western footwear available, you cannot go wrong with the Justin Original Stampede, popular for its patented J-Flex comfort system.
- The Justin original features the J-Flex comfort system unique to the brand providing all-day comfort and support.
- A sturdy and single stitched welt constructed work boot with genuine leather uppers and a square toe profile finished off with a stylish and classic western appearance.
- The block heel provides excellent stability and protects your heels against impact.
- A durable leather lining provides comfort and wicks away moisture for dry and fresh feeling feet.
- A protective safety toe to keep your feet safe and protected against injuries at work.
- A durable and sturdy outsole providing good grip on multiple floor surfaces.
- A stylish Machine Washable, Antibacterial, Moisture Wicking Perfect Minimalist Work Boot.
- Made from Genuine Super Slab that is Oil Resistant and Slip Resistant.
- UltraDry construction combines a moisture management lining with waterproof components for dry, long-lasting comfort and performance.
- Durable welt construction.
- Removable PU footbed for all-day comfort.
- Nonmarking, lightweight rubber RPM Roper outsole provides excellent slip, oil/gas, chemical, abrasion, and heat resistance.
The Wolverine Rancher is a gorgeous Western style inspired ranching work boot, with all the necessary trimmings for safety and comfort in a tough work environment.
- DuraShock technology offers you the best in impact resistance and shock absorption.
- The lug rubber outsole is completely slip-resistant in even the slipperiest of conditions.
- A strong ASTM rated square, steel toe, and electrical hazard safe materials.
- The Ortholite footbed is plushly cushioned for all-day comfort, as well as removable for washing, or use of your own orthotics.
This work boot from Irish Setter features RPM technology which is an innovative composite material, significantly lighter in weight than a regular boot while providing even more comfort and durability.
- Genuine leather uppers with an UltraDry waterproof lining and RPM composite technology to reduce weight.
- Pull on square steel toe design.
- A comfortable removable polyurethane footbed.
- This work boot is very easy to clean and maintain as an added bonus.
- ASTM rated for electrical hazard safety.
- The outsole is heat resistant up to 475 Fahrenheit.
The Dan Post Blayde is a fully waterproof, square toe work boot, with handcrafted cushioned comfort for all-day wear.
- Handcrafted genuine leather uppers with a breathable waterproof membrane.
- A comfortable inner mesh lining keeps your feet dry, while a lightly cushioned footbed offers subtle yet supportive comfort.
- A removable airflow outsole that is manufactured from lightweight rubber for superior traction.
- The rubber heel guar ensures durability at a pressure point.
- Features a wider fit square toe for the wider foot or foot conditions requiring more toe room.
- Available in three attractive neutral colors.
Index Table: Top Square Toe Work Boots
|1||Justin Original Men's Hybred - Composite Square Toe Work Boot||Justin Original||95|
|2||Ariat Men's Rambler - Square Toe Work Boot with ATS Technology||Ariat||96|
|3||Carhartt Men's Wellington - Safety Square Toe Work Boot||Carhartt||95|
|4||Ariat Men's Terrain Endurance - Steel square Toe Work Boots||Ariat||97|
|5||Justin Original Men's Stampede - Safety Square Toe Work Boot||Justin Original||93|
|6||Twisted X Men's Lite Cowboy - Waterproof Steel Toe Flex Boot||Twisted X||97|
|7||Red Wing Men's Irish Setter Marshall - 11-inch Pull-On Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot||Red Wing||97|
|8||Wolverine Men's Rancher - Western Style Square Toe Work Boot||Wolverine||98|
|9||Irish Setter Men's Work - Steel Square Toe Work Boot||Irish Setter||97|
|10||Dan Post Men's Blayde - Waterproof Square Toe Work Boots||Dan Post|
The Main Functions of a Work Boot
A work boot should provide you with a substantial amount of protection against the hazards at your workplace.
Protective features such as a steel or composite toe, a metal plate in the sole, electrical hazard protection, waterproofing and an oil and slip-resistant outsole are the main characteristics of a safety work boot.
A work boot should also provide good lateral support to prevent tripping and falls as well as a comfortable sole cushioning the foot and support for your ankles.
Durability is another key feature of the work boot, you are going to be wearing your work boots in a tough environment on a daily basis performing all kinds of tasks that can take their toll on your work boots.
Therefore you need good quality construction and materials in your work boot.
Working for long hours in a tough environment is not as easy as it may seem, therefore choosing the right work boot is essential.