Workboots Review is reader supported. We may earn money when you click on links in our articles. This comes at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
We all understand that the day to day tasks of a Police officer is full of potential dangers that can be life-threatening. Any law enforcement officer is in harm’s way on a daily basis, not to mention long hours actively on their feet.
In the end, the last thing any police officer needs is the best police boots standing in their way, therefore the right choice in footwear for this occupation is absolutely critical.
Police Work Boots for Comfort and Protection
A good work boot in the law enforcement industry should provide three things, COMFORT, DURABILITY, PROTECTION;
Police Work Boots Comfort
Working long hours actively on your feet can surely take its toll, so you will want a shoe that provides a comfortable fit and good cushioning. Shock absorbency is likewise very important to protect your feet against impact when running or jumping.
Other features such as a waterproof membrane, moisture-wicking lining, and odor control can help to keep your feet dry and fresh inside out and will prevent foot conditions and bacteria from developing.
In very hot weather conditions a breathable and well-ventilated boot will be quite handy, whereas you will need to look at some form of insulation when I come to extremely cold weather conditions.
Best Police Boots Protection
Police officers come into contact with many hazards on a daily basis, slippery, oily and wet surfaces, sharp objects that can cause punctures and uneven terrain.
For all of these, you need a durable slip-resistant outsole with a puncture-proof plate, and good ankle support to prevent injuries.
Water seeping in, heat, chemicals, and abrasion can likewise be a factor, therefore tough and durable upper materials that are resistant against these elements is a good option.
Then there is also the risk of heavy falling objects and compression hazards, for this a safety capped toe, and a metatarsal guard can come in quite handy.
Police Work Boots Durability
Last but not least, you want a good quality shoe that will last. Investing in a quality brand with durable construction and materials is always a good option when you want your shoes to last. Look for quality
Goodyear Welt or Cement construction, along with strong materials such as Nylon and leathers, and a good Vibram rubber outsole.
Related Content: Best Slip Resistant Work Boots, making a huge difference?
Some Common Foot Problems Faced by Police Officers
Police officers face the risk of ankle and foot injuries because of running and in some cases climbing on uneven terrain that can cause them to twist or bend their ankles. Heavy falling objects and compression hazards can similarly cause injuries.
Then there are factors such as fires a, chemicals, extreme heat and cold conditions, puncture hazards and slip and trip hazards, and other types of work hazards that could all cause injuries.
Besides injuries foot fatigue, chafing, blisters, wet foot conditions, and sore and achy feet are all common conditions many police officers face.
Choosing the Best Police Boots
So, all in all, here are some good tips to follow when choosing the best work boot, as a police officer;
Look for durable and waterproof or water-resistant leathers or nylon for the upper’s construction, and a durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole with lug pattern for better grip and traction.
An EVA midsole that provides good shock absorbency and cushioning is your best bet. Then also, you can look at a puncture plate in the midsole or outsole for protection against sharp objects.
Outsole and Heel
A Vibram rubber outsole is absolutely the best choice you can go with, although there are some other excellent options. Rubber is your best bet in an outsole with lug patterns for better grip and good slip and oil resistance.
The most important factor of any great shoe, is the FIT, make sure your work boot fits snugly but does not squeeze your feet, or slips.
- Steel, alloy or composite protective toe.
- Metatarsal Guard.
- Puncture Plate.
- Heat resistance.
- Oil, Chemical and Abrasion resistant outsole.
- Slip resistance.
- Fire resistance.
Reviews: Best Workboots for Police Work
Next up is a trusty pair of tactical boots from the footwear manufacturer Under Armour. The Under Armour Men’s Stellar is a pair that boasts a bunch of tactical features that are absolutely suitable for long hours of police work and duty.
- The Under Armour Men’s Stellar is a pair that boasts durability with its uppers that are made of a mix of premium leather and high-quality textile.
- These police boots are also built to perform well against various surfaces as they are engineered with sturdy, rubber outsoles.
- Designed to provide absolute comfort, the boots come with well-cushioned, EVA midsoles.
- The pair is also designed to provide ample stability and support as they are engineered with TPU shanks.
- Built for tactical purposes, the Under Armour Men’s Stellar also comes with a quick-dry minimalist design along with polishable toes.
These tan police boots are more of military boots or a military-styled work boot, but with some unique comfort and durability features making this boot ideal for on the field Police work.
- Features a unique and protective composite shank for stability and protection that will not set off any security alarms
- Web-Like leather overlays on the Nylon uppers with a notched lace-up the shaft for a durable and comfortable fit.
- A mid-calf shaft for ankle support and protection.
- The Vibram rubber outsole is highly slipped and oil resistant.
What I love about the Lightweight and highly durable Metro Air, is not only is it so exceptionally lightweight, but it will likewise, not set off metal detector alarms, which can come in quite handy when you are in a hurry.
One of the top choices when it comes to Police fieldwork boots, these SWAT police boots will most definitely not disappoint.
- 70 % leather Nylon and 30 % leather upper construction for a flexible, lightweight and comfortable fit that will keep you light on your feet.
- The visible heel air cell construction ensures excellent impact absorption, and comfort, which is great for jumps and running.
- The uppers are double stitched with a 3-ply bonded nylon thread to improve durability.
- A polishable leather toe that looks neat and professional.
- The custom-molded Phylon EVA midsole ensures pure lightweight comfort and support that cradles your feet all day.
- The Nylon shank prevents foot fatigue, adds stability, and on the plus side is airport and security gate friendly.
One of the top-selling tactical boots, and a highly favored brand among many police officers and security force staff. The Maelstrom, Tac-Force is available in both a black or tan color option with breathable nylon and leather uppers construction, in an ankle boot.
- These tactical police boots are available in black or tan color options, with or without waterproof and insulation characteristics.
- Inside there is a comfortable moisture-wicking lining and supportive footbed.
- Polishable full-grain leather and nylon uppers for a more professional look, and a more breathable and lightweight work boot.
- A removable shock absorbing and well-cushioned insert for all-day comfort.
- The padded heel and tongue offer a more comfortable fit, while the semi-rigid toe and heel reinforcements retain the shape of the boot.
- The outsole is specially engineered to provide maximum grip and traction on various terrains.
Yet another superb choice from Danner, The Tachyon GTX offers a flexible, heavy-duty and waterproof fit, with a slip-resistant outsole, ideal for out on the field and high-speed chases.
- 100% tough and durable leather upper construction and 500 Denier Nylon construction, along with a breathable waterproof Gore-Tex lining.
- The toe is polishable and reinforced.
- A speed lacing system with durable brass wear offers a superior fit.
- The Danner Tachyon slip-resistant rubber outsole has pentagonal lugs to offer you excellent surface contact for fast movements.
- A comfortable and highly durable work boot at 8 inches for better ankle support and stability.
Making it on the list is a pair of Under Armour police boots. A very popular and well-known brand of tough and long-lasting, comfort footwear, Under Armour also manufactures boots that are ideal for both tactical and athletic purposes.
The Under Armour® Men’s Valsetz RTS Ankle Length Wide Police Boot is a pair of comfortable and lightweight police boots ideal for a long day on your feet.
- Features specialized athletic upper construction, and materials in textile and synthetic leather that are breathable, lightweight and comfortable.
- A Micro G EVA midsole for all-day cushioned comfort and support.
- The lightweight TU shank offers just the right amount of midfoot support and rigidity.
- A high traction rubber outsole with a lug tread for superior grip on a variety of surfaces.
- Available in a few color options, including a camo print design, to choose from.
Reviews: Best Police Work Boots for Women
A brand tested by time, Bates is among the top manufacturers of police work boots. The Bates® Women’s Ultra Lites Tactical Police work Boots are one of the brand’s toughest police work boots for women.
- Leather and nylon uppers are lightweight and breathable design with Cement construction.
- A slip-resistant robust outsole from rubber.
- Inside is a smooth breathable lining and padded footbed.
- Durable and easy to clean leather and nylon uppers.
The Stryker is one f the most comfortable Police work boots that you will find, made by the high-quality brand, Under Armour for tough durability.
- Synthetic uppers from high abrasion textiles and a PU structure for durability and stability,
- Recessed lace guards to limit drag.
- Stability external TPU heel counter.
- Comfortable molded foam collar and cushioned footbed.
- A rubber outsole that is durable and slip-resistant on many surfaces.
One of my top favorites as a tactical or police work boot is the Merrell Moab 2 with perfect outdoor protection features as well as comfort features.
- Features the popular KINETIC FIT footbed with zonal arch support and heel cushioning.
- Also a comfort Merrell air cushion for shock absorbency and Nylon Arch shank for flexibility along with a smooth interior breathable lining.
- Completely waterproof leather uppers with a heavy-duty side zipper.
- A Vibram TC5 outsole for durable traction in all environments.
- Electrical hazard safe material and ASTM approved.
Index Table: The Best Law Enforcement Boots for Men
|1||Under Armour Men's Stellar - Military and Tactical Boot||Under Armour||97|
|2||Magnum Elite Men's Spider - Military Police Work Boot||Magnum Elite||96|
|3||Original S.W.A.T Men's Metro Air - Tactical Police Boot||Original S.W.A.T||95|
|4||Maelstrom Men's Tac Force - Military Work Boot for Police Work||Maelstrom||97|
|5||Danner Men's Tachyon GTX - Tactical Work Boot for Police Wear||Danner||97|
|6||Under Armour Men's Valsetz RTS - Ankle Length Wide Police Boot||Under Armour||95|
Index Table: The Best Law Enforcement Boots For Women
|1||Bates Women's Ultra Lites - Tactical Police work Boots||Bates||97|
|2||Under Armour Women's Stryker - Police Work Boot||Under Armour||97|
|3||Merrell Women's Moab 2 - Tactical Police Work Boot||Merrell||99|
Recap of the Best Features of Police Duty Boots
Finding the best pair of police boots can be a little tricky. With that being said, here are a couple of things to look for in finding the most comfortable police boots:
- Lightweight and flexible, allowing the feet to move freely and comfortably
- Designed with protective toes, ensuring that the feet are secured even under the toughest situations
- Equipped with other protective features, such as heat, chemical, fire, and abrasion resistance, ensuring that the pair can withstand rugged work conditions
- Waterproof or water-resistant, keeping the feet dry and comfortable even under wet conditions
- Durable and reliable, crafted to meet varying tactical demands in the field
Recap of the Advantages of Wearing Police Work Boots
Working as a police officer is indeed a tough job. And this tough field also calls for wearing good boots for police work.
Essentially, a good pair of police work boots come with the following advantages:
- Keeps the feet less fatigued and comfortable all day long
- Keeps the feet fully protected and safe from unexpected work hazards
- Encourages the natural gait of the feet, allowing you to move more naturally
- Encourages speed and agility, making it perfectly fit for tactical operations
- Sturdy enough to withstand the toughest terrains and work conditions
There are so many men and women who risk their lives to protect us from harm, and as a society, we are thankful for them. These public servants venture into desperate situations and burning buildings to shield us from injury.
Even when they are carrying out the more mundane facets of their work, however, they can spend a lot of time on their feet. Foot pain in firefighters and police officers is a very common aspect of their jobs. That is simply why the best police boots could really provide comfort and protection, all at the same time.
Which pair have you found to be the best for you?