A law-enforcement officer, or often called a constable or police officer has the very daunting and dangerous task to protect the public and enforce the state law. A police officer spends his or her day patrolling, investigating and many times chasing after those who break the law.
Index table for the Best Police Work Shoes
|1||Maelstrom Men's Patrol 6 Inch - Tactical Work Boots||Maelstrom||94|
|2||Under Armor Men's UA Valsetz RTS - Best Police Boots (Tactical)||Under Armor||98|
|3||ATAC Men's 8 Inch - Police Work Boot||ATAC||97|
|4||Danner Men's 8 Inch Tachyon GTX Duty - Police Boot||Danner||95|
|5||Belleville Men's TR960WP Khyber - Lightweight, Waterproof Police Boot||Belleville||96|
Dangers Policemen Face Everyday
A police officer faces many dangers in their everyday jobs that are usually unknown and unpredictable. Death, increased risk of infectious disease, severe and not so severe injuries, emotional and physical trauma, exhaustion and stress are all hazards of the job. A police officer is constantly in dangerous and life and death situations, having to make very calculated decisions.
Why Does a Police Officer Require the Correct Type of Shoe
The correct pair of footwear is just as important to a police officer as a running shoe to an athlete. Because a police officer is on his or her feet most of the time, many times running, climbing and jumping over obstacles they need a supportive and comfortable shoe that offers protection against many hazards involved with the job. A police officer cannot afford to be drawn back by an ill-fitting inappropriate shoe.
What to Consider When Buying Tactical Police Boots
- The height of the shoe will determine the amount of ankle support and mobility that you will have. A low cut shoe is for walking or a desk officer job, where a mid cut is for mild running and walking, and the high top is for all-purpose terrain hiking and running.
- The eyelets will determine the boots durability and are found in three types; loop, hook and speed laces which come in metal or plastic.
- Soles are imperative, make sure that you invest in a shoe with a durable sole so that you do not need to replace the shoe every three months or so. Some special attributes such as non-slip, abrasion resistance and electrical hazard safety are also attributed worth looking at.
- Arch support is paramount if you are going to be on your feet all day, so features such as padded heels and comfort inserts are also quite important.
- Toe support can also come in handy, a steel shank can protect your toes from heavy falling objects.
- Shoes that are flame resistant are becoming much more popular amongst police officers because they do deal items and situations where there is fire involved.
- Water Resistance is another good attribute because there is nothing worse than wet feet and a decrease in traction on slippery surfaces.
The Top Reviewed Police Boots for 2017
Here are some of the top choices in tactical police shoes that have excellent protection and comfort features;
- A moisture wicking lining to keep your feet dry and fresh all day.
- A full grain leather toe with high shine polish for added protection and durability.
- The nylon uppers are resilient and breathable.
- A curved size zip allows for faster on and off.
- A shock absorbing system that maximizes compression and rebound.
- The slip and oil resistant outsole offer exceptional traction on any terrain.
- A one year manufacturer’s warranty for confidence in the durability of this shoe.
- A synthetic leather and textile upper with welded film around the perimeter of the foot for exceptional durability and abrasion resistance.
- The full-length Micro G foam inside will cushion all your landing and give you more explosive takeoffs.
- The TPU shank is lightweight and offers excellent support and protection.
- A molded Ortholite sock liner that is designed with memory foam is placed at the top and PU base for comfort and padding.
- The low profile rubber lug sole ensures superb grip and traction.
- The TPU toe cap will protect your toes from falling objects and compression.
- Available in four neutral colors.
- Available in Black or Coyote Brown breathable uppers with a leather toe for a sturdy polished appearance.
- An injection molded Phylon midsole and cushioned insole for comfort, support, and shock absorption.
- A non-metallic shank for improved stability and protection.
- The shock mitigation system reduces stress and impact on the feet.
- An oil and slip resistant outsole for enhanced traction and grip on slippery surfaces.
- The moisture-wicking lining will keep your feet cool and dry even with prolonged wear.
- Ultra Fast Drying, Lightweight synthetic uppers.
- A speed-lacing system for easy on and off.
- Completely waterproof in even the wettest of conditions.
- A waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex liner.
- The Secure fit open cell polyurethane footbed allows for better airflow and has a comfortable EVA midsole that absorbs shock.
- A protective and stability enhancing nylon shank.
- The outsole is slip resistant and rubber with pentagonal lugs for better grip and traction.
- A durable and polishable leather toe for added protection and an enhanced appearance.
- Canvas uppers that are quick drying and breathable.
- The side zip entry allows for fast and easy on and off.
- A waterproof and bloodborne pathogen proof membrane.
- The Vibram Ibex outsole is meant for rugged terrain.
- A breathable combat lunar lining with a TR-Q load bearing orthotic insole that is both durable and comfortable.
- The deeply serrated Hell Kicker and Heel and Toe Overlays are designed to aid when braking and arresting slides and also extends the lifespan of the boot.
Chase down and catch the bad guys in anyone of these well equipped and comfortable tactical work boots. Make sure that your boot fits well and performs well there is no room for error in the law enforcement industry.
Table of Contents
- Index table for the Best Police Work Shoes
- Dangers Policemen Face Everyday
- Why Does a Police Officer Require the Correct Type of Shoe
- What to Consider When Buying Tactical Police Boots
- The Top Reviewed Police Boots for 2017