There are many hazards in the workplace, but slips, trips and falls constitute the majority of work related risks. Slips trips and falls can cause many serious injuries and are responsible for over 15% of all accidental deaths, which is second to motor vehicle accidents. Uneven floor surfaces, unsuitable floor coverings, wet or oily floors, changes in floor levels, poor lighting, poor housekeeping, electrical cords and other obstructions are all leading causes of slips, trips and falls.
Index for Slip-Resistant Work Boots
|1||Wolverine Men's W02421 Raider - Shock Absorbing Slip and Oil-Resistant Boots||Wolverine||96|
|2||Danner Men's Quarry USA - 8 Inch Alloy Toe Slip Resistant Boot||Danner||92|
|3||Keen Utility Men's Atlanta Cool ESD - Steel Toe Summer Slip and Oil-Resistant Boots||Keen Utility||95|
|4||Red Wing Men's Heritage Iron Ranger - 6 Inch Slip and Oil Resistant Work Boot||Red Wing||95|
|5||Thorogood Men's Moc Toe Wedge Heel - Non-Safety Oil and Slip Resistant Work Boots||Thorogood||97|
What Causes Slips and Falls
Slipping occurs when there is a loss of traction between the shoe and the walking surface that leads to a fall.
Some situations that pose a slipping risk are;
- Wet, oily, greasy or soapy floors.
- Dry floors with dust or powder on them.
- Polished or freshly waxed floors.
- Transitioning from one floor type to another.
- Metal surfaces, dock plates or construction plates.
- Weather hazards such as rain, snow, sleet, hail, frost and ice.
- Wet leaves and pine needles.
How Will a Slip Resistant Work Boot Prevent Slips and Falls
Features of a Good Slip Resistant Work Boot
- The most important factor to keep in mind when choosing footwear for slippery surfaces is to opt for a shoe that is both slip and oil resistant.
- The first thing that you will look at is the shape and design of the tread on the outsole. The patterns on the outsole can be anything from triangles and squares to hexagons and circles.
- The space and depth of the tread on a non-slip outsole are also important, if the spaces between the patterns are too small they may not channel liquids to the outer edges of the sole very well, and fluid trapped between the sole can cause a hydroplaning effect.
- Make sure to replace your shoes when the tread becomes thin and worn out; this is the same concept as with changing tires on a car.
- Lastly, you will have to choose the right shoe for your particular work environment.
Slip and Skip Resistants Work Boots Reviews:
The followings are among the top slip resistance safety boots:
- Superb Contour Welt Construction.
- Added cushioning and flexibility for more comfort and easy movement.
- Genuine full grain Leather uppers.
- The MultiShox full-cushion footbed absorbs shock in the heel and foot area to reduce pressure and impact on the feet and lower limbs.
- A breathable Wave meshes lining to keep your feet cool and dry.
- The full cushioned footbed is removable allowing you to use your own orthotics.
- A MultiShox rubber lug outsole that does not only slip and oil resistant but also aids in shock absorption.
- The uppers are constructed from premium full-grain leather. Triple-stitched construction for better endurance.
- A Gore-Tex lining that is waterproof and breathable.
- A fiberglass shank for improved stability.
- The Lug Pattern Rubber compound soles are oil and slip resistant as well as Non-Conductive electrical shock resistant.
- An alloy safety toes for protection against falling objects
- Leather and mesh uppers to keep your feet dry and fresh in even the hottest weather.
- A non-marking rubber sole that is oil and slip resistant.
- A dual density compression molded EVA midsole for exceptional comfort and support.
- The mesh liner improves overall ventilation.
- A removable anatomical dual density EVA footbed.
- This boot is entirely waterproof and has a protective steel toe.
- Made from full grain leather using the very durable stitch-down welt construction.
- A non-marking, oil and slip resistant rubber outsole.
- The outsole is handsomely detailed with contrasting stitching.
- A high abrasion capped toe.
- High Polish Hooks and eyelets for easy closure.
- Constructed from Black Walnut Oil tanned leather using Goodyear Welt construction for a tough and durable shoe.
- A removable dual-density inserts on a Poron 4000 comfort cushion for exceptional comfort and shock absorption.
- An engineered composite shank for added stability.
- The Polyurethane Max wear wedge outsole is durable, as well as slip and oil resistant.
It does not matter what floor surface you are working on, wet, greasy even ice or snow the above-listed boots will keep you steady and firmly planted on your feet. They will all offer you excellent traction and the best slip and oil resistance for a nonslip safe and injury free day!
Table of Contents
- Index for Slip-Resistant Work Boots
- What Causes Slips and Falls
- How Will a Slip Resistant Work Boot Prevent Slips and Falls
- Features of a Good Slip Resistant Work Boot
- Slip and Skip Resistants Work Boots Reviews:
- Wolverine Men's W02421 Raider Shock Absorbing Slip and Oil-Resistant Boots
- Danner Men's Quarry USA 8 Inch Alloy Toe Slip Resistant Boot
- Keen Utility Men's Atlanta Cool ESD Steel Toe Summer Slip and Oil-Resistant Boots
- Red Wing Men's Heritage Iron Ranger 6 Inch Slip and Oil Resistant Work Boot
- Thorogood Men's Moc Toe Wedge Heel Non-Safety Oil and Slip Resistant Work Boots