The CSA Green Patch or rectangle on any Work Boot or shoe indicates puncture protection and a protective toe. These features are all ideal safety requirements in an industrial or construction work environment.
The CSA is an Northern American testing and certification board for Safety Standards, which is the standard to which these safety features on a specific shoe or boot are measured.
Other CSA Safety RectanglesLet’s take a look at some of the safety rectangles, or patches and their meanings;
The CSA White rectangle indicates that the soles of the boot are electrical hazard proof and can stand voltages of up to 18 000 and a leakage current of 1mA for around 60 seconds.
The Yellow CSA rated rectangle with a green “SD” and grounding symbol indicates that the soles of this boot are static dissipative. The soles are made from an anti-static material which controls electrostatic charges.
A CSA standard Blue rectangle in turn indicates a Grade 1 protective toe that can stand up to 125 joules without a puncture resistant outsole.
Main Requirements of a Green Triangle CSA Rated Work BootWe are concentrating on Green rectangle CSA rated work boots in this article;
The Green rectangle CSA certified work boot has a class 1 or grade 1 protective toe cap, and a grade 1 protective puncture resistant sole.
A work boot of this safety standard is an ideal choice for individuals with occupations in construction and other heavy duty industries. The sole of this type of work boot can withstand prolonged impact and the toe cap will protect your toes against heavy falling objects.
The Toe cap can withstand up to 120 Joules of impact from heavy falling objects.A grade 1 toe cap is usually made from composite materials, but a steel or alloy cap should also be acceptable in an industrial or construction industry.
Puncture Resistant Sole
The Puncture resistant sole can withstand a force of not less than 1200 Newtons, or 270 pounds.
A Puncture resistant sole is likewise made from either steel or composite materials.
How to Choose the Right Safety Work BootsBefore purchasing a pair of new safety rated work boots, you will need to check the markings on the boot for the Green rectangle or patch and the CSA abbreviation, to show that the boot is truly certified.
The sign that you will check for will depend on the work environment and safety requirements of your work industry, in this article we are focusing on the Green Rectangle CSA Safety work boot. So in other words, your two main features will be Puncture resistance, and a protective toe cap.
Other features that are likewise important are;
- Durability such as Goodyear Welt Construction, a Vibram, or rubber outsole and Leather uppers.
- Comfort features such as cushioning, arch support, and a shock absorbing midsole. EVA is a good midsole or footbed material.
- Slip and oil resistance.
- Waterproofing, and/or insulation, depending on your work environment.
- A moisture-wicking, and breathable inner lining.
- Lightweight construction.
Reviews: Top Rated CSA Green Patch Safety Work Boots
Here are a few of the best work boots, that are CSA approved for safety and protection against falling objects and punctures.
Caterpillar is one of the biggest name brands when it comes to tough and durable work boots and outdoor boots. The Hauler offers you CSA approved toe protection and puncture resistance.
- A tough and durable leather work boot with a speed lacing system and rubber toe and heel bumpers.
- A T1200 puncture protecting rubber outsole that likewise offers excellent slip resistance.
- The upper leathers are full grain and water resistant.
- A Nylon mesh lining to wick away moisture and a Nylon and PU foam sock liner for comfort.
- Strobel Cement construction for long lasting durability.
- Green triangle CSA approved Composite toe and puncture proof materials.
This Tactical work boot from Original S.W.A.T is ASTM, CSA and EN 200 rated and approved for slip resistance, toe protection, as well as puncture resistance, all in a comfortable Orthalite in-soled tactical boot.
- Pure leather uppers with a non-marking rubber outsole.
- Completely slip and oil resistant, and exceeding the ASTM F2913-11 standards for slip resistance.
- A CSA and EN200 approved composite safety protective toe.
- A LENZI non-metallic L-Protection, and anti-penetration board, pre-treated with ceramic and high-tenacity fibres for full puncture protection.
- The nylon shaft is airport friendly and very lightweight to prevent foot and leg fatigue.
- An Ortholite insole with open-cell technology ensures all day lasting comfort and support.
When it comes to safe and comfortable, tough work boots, the Rock Rooster has it all, complete with CSA approved safety toe and puncture resistance.
- A stylish and highly durable work boot available with either a soft or CSA approved composite toe.
- Built with Goodyear Welt construction, from premium thick leather that is completely waterproof.
- Prevent foot fatigue with this lightweight and comfortable work boot that features a dual-density, shock-absorbing PU cushioned footbed.
- The Coolmax fiber technology offers excellent breathability and wicks moisture away from your feet, keeping them dry and fresh all day long.
- The profile shape of these boots offers outstanding toe and ankle support along with the padded collar.
- Likewise requires minimal break-in for the ultimate in comfort.
- Also features a thick, and durable slip-resistant outsole, that is completely puncture resistant.
This super lightweight, easy to slip on and off work boot from Tiger Safety offers you exceptional comfort as well as puncture resistance and toe protection.
- Green tag and CSA approved safety work boots.
- Premium full grain leather uppers that are long-lasting and comfortable, and a high abrasive PU/TPU outsole.
- A Kingpad ultra comfortable and cushioned insole.
- Features a protective steel toe cap for safety and a LENZI plate for punctures resistance, and more flexibility when walking.
- The Airmesh lining wicks away moisture and keeps your feet dry.
- These are very lightweight and comfortable work boots that are also water, oil and salt resistant with a slip-resistant outsole.
- Available in wider widths and larger sizes to choose from, for the ideal fit.
I chose this work boot especially for anyone working in very cold and wet weather conditions, particularly on icy and snowy surfaces. This boot will provide you with the best slip resistance on icy surfaces as well as excellent insulation properties to keep you warm and comfortable.
- Features a very classic and stylish appearance with a moc toe in comfortable leather.
- Thinsulate insulation up to 200g for warmth in cold weather and work environments.
- Additional safety from the puncture resistant plate and anti-slip IceTrek outsole.
- Completely waterproof leather uppers constructed with tough and durable, Goodyear Welt construction methods.
- Features the exclusive RefrigiWear VitaComfort moisture managing and padding system for the ultimate in dry comfort.
These are some of the top brands and models in Safety Work Boots, all CSA certified for Puncture resistance and their Protective Toe cap.
Index Table: The Best Green Patch CSA Rated Work Boots
|1||Caterpillar Men's Hauler - Composite Toe Puncture Proof Work Boot||Caterpillar||98|
|2||Original S.W.A.T Men's Classic - CSA and EN 200 Approved Tactical Work Boots||Original S.W.A.T||97|
|3||Rockrooster Men's Workboots - Green Patch CSA Approved Work Boots||Rockrooster||98|
|4||Tiger Safety Men's Lightweight - Steel Toe and Puncture Resistant Slip-On Work Boot||Tiger Safety||97|
|5||RefrigiWear Men's Moc Toe - Cold weather CSA Approved Work Boot||RefrigiWear||98|