Delivery driver, those who deliver your takeaways, mail, messengers, pick up services and couriers.
They pick up and deliver a vast variety of products, they are on their feet, often having to pick up heavy parcels, and are on the road most of their day.
Delivery drivers often have to endure many different weather conditions, cold, extreme heat, wet and stormy weather, as well as snow in some instances.
These individuals need a shoe that is as much comfortable as it is protective!
The Different Delivery Job Descriptions
There are plenty of different delivery job specifications, all that takes place in different, sometimes hazardous work environments, and different weather conditions, both day and night.
Here are just a few of the different delivery jobs out there;
- Take away and food deliveries.
- Letter and mail carriers.
- The door to door distributors.
- Truck drivers that deliver fresh and other produce to local markets.
- Equipment and furniture deliveries.
- Grocery deliveries.
- Other product deliveries.
The delivery driver often drives anything from scooters and motorcycles to motor vehicles, buses, and even delivery trucks.
They do deliveries in potentially dangerous environments and usually have to pick up and carry heavy parcels.
Thus a comfortable and well protective shoe is a necessity depending on the specific deliveries they make and the environments and areas to be delivered to.
Safety Hazards Faced by Delivery Drivers
Delivery drivers face an extensive variety of safety hazards;
- Repetitive manual tasks can cause overexertion and physical pain or injury.
- Working alone can be dangerous.
- Slips, trips and falls on the different and slippery terrain.
- Vehicle accidents on the road.
- Working very long and late hours can cause fatigue.
- Foot fatigue from being on your feet, and wearing uncomfortable shoes.
- Extreme weather conditions, and wet or muddy terrain.
- Work Place violence, and dangers of theft, and hijacking.
- Dangerous terrain causing puncture hazards, from pieces of metal, sharp stones, and shattered glass.
Features of a Good Work Boot for Delivery Drivers
Delivery drivers have long work hours, they are on their feet as much as they are on the road, and face many hazards on a daily basis.
Therefore they need a shoe that provides maximum comfort as well as protection against hazards, and extreme weather conditions.
- A good fit is fit and foremost the most important, as there is nothing worse than an ill-fitting work boot.
- Breathability, when you are on your feet all day or driving in a hot vehicle, becomes a necessity, to keep your feet dry, well ventilated and reduce fatigue.
- Good shock absorption for walking on hard floors and jumping on and off a delivery vehicle.
- Durability in different terrain and weather conditions.
- Good comfort and support features such as arch support, a cushioned insole, and lightweight construction.
- Weatherproof materials, such as waterproofing and u=insulation against heat, or cold.
- A durable, slip, oil, and abrasion-resistant outsole, with the additional protection against punctures.
Reviews: The Best Work Boots for Doing Deliveries
Keeping these features in mind, here are some of our top picks of work boots, suitable for a variety of different delivery driver positions;
Similar to the original 6-inch Timberland work boot, the Direct Attach is even more packed with safety, protective and durability features.
A steel toe, rugged boot that will stand the test of time in even the harshest work environment.
- Protective safety steel toe.
- Waterproof insulated leather uppers.
- A comfortable padded collar.
- A synthetic sole that is both durable, and slip resistant.
- Available in 6 attractive neutral colors.
A comfortable and lightweight work boot, perfect for doing deliveries. The Golden Fox Premium is lightweight, breathable, comfortable and as an added bonus very easy to clean and maintain.
- Lightweight and soft leather uppers, manufactured from full grain leather.
- The pig skin collar keeps your feet warm in winter and the mesh lining allows better ventilation.
- The Comfortable, cushioned wedge sole is also slip and oil resistant.
- Goodyear Welt construction for improved durability and quality.
- Bigger fit than other popular brands.
An all-round safety and comfortable work boot that is ideal for doing deliveries on different terrain.
Rockport works more energy Rk6628 6″ waterproof work boot features include electrical hazard safety, slip/oil resisting outsole, waterproof, security friendly, xtr® brand extra wide composite toe cap for all-day comfort and safety.
- Features electrical hazards safe and waterproof construction.
- The Outsole is slip and oil resistant.
- No steel parts so it is a security gate friendly.
- An extra-wide composite toe provides that extra bit of protection, while still keeping a light weight.
Caterpillar is a well-known brand when it comes to work shoes, the Threshold is a waterproof and breathable work boot that will keep you sure footed in any terrain.
Building on the success of the outline boot the threshold boot continues to offer comfort at a great price. A slip-resistant outsole keeps you sure-footed. Waterproof to keep your feet dry in wet conditions. Leather upper for durability and a soft removable insole for comfort.
- Leather and textile uppers that are lightweight and breathable.
- A durable and slip resistant outsole.
- Covered with a waterproof membrane for wet environments and conditions.
- Comfortable and durable for all-day wear.
The Keen Utility Detroit is a lightweight and steel toe protective work boot that will offer you exceptional stability and support when you need it the most.
- Soft and comfortable Nubuck leather uppers with a protective steel toe cap.
- A slip and oil resistant tough and durable rubber outsole.
- Excellent stability with the Torsional Stability Shank for better midfoot support.
- The DryLex lining has a hydrophilic two-zone comfort technology.
- The reflective webbing allows for more visibility at night.
- A comfortable cushioned dual-density EVA footbed.
A tough and durable workboot from caterpillar with unique features that are ideal
for delivery of workers.
- Breathable and lightweight leather and textile uppers with a waterproof Lining.
- A high traction and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Comfortably padded and cushioned for support.
- This work boot is available in three neutral color variations.
- Breathable leather and textile uppers with a Gore-Tex waterproof membrane.
- A terra suspension footbed for comfort and stability.
- The insole is treated with Aegis antimicrobial and anti-odor treatment.
- A comfortably cushioned insole and durable slip-resistant thick rubber outsole.
From Bates, we have the very lightweight and comfortable Delta work boot with a slip-resistant outsole.
- Nylon uppers with a breathable mesh lining and lightweight cement construction.
- Easy-fit design with a side zipper.
- A shock-absorbing and slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- There is a comfortable cushioned insole for added support.
- The entire boot is chemical resistant for added protection.
We can all agree that the job of a delivery driver holds many dangers.
Therefore the right work boot providing safety features for protection against these dangers is vital.
Not forgetting comfort and support for those long hours on their feet and on the road.
Index Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Delivery Drivers
|1||Timberland Pro Men's Direct Attach - Full House Protective Work Boot for delivery Men||Timberland Pro|
|2||Golden Fox Men's Premium - Comfortable Work Boot for Delivery Drivers||Golden Fox|
|3||Rockport Men's RK6628 - Security Friendly Delivery Work Boot||Rockport|
|4||Caterpillar Men's Threshold - Breathable Delivery Driver Work Boot||Caterpillar|
|5||Keen Utility Men's Detroit - Stay Dry delivery Driver Work Boot||Keen Utility|
|6||Caterpillar Men's Threshold - Tough Slip Resistant Delivery Work Boots||Caterpillar|
|7||Rocky Men's Postal - Slip Resistant Delivery Work Boot||Rocky|
|8||Bates Men's Delta - Lightweight Delivery Work Boot||Bates|