While black boots are an absolute classic, many people also opt for footwear in dark colors. Among the most sought-after colorways after black is the color gray.
Having gray boots in your wardrobe sure is an advantage, as these boots are generally easy to pair up with any type of outfit. On top of that, gray boots offer that rugged yet casual look that is fit for various purposes, may it be for work, or for a casual daytime stroll.
Features of A Reliable Pair Of Gray Boots
Gray boots are also considered to be timeless and an absolute classic. Casual, rugged, and built to match various outfits, these boots surely are worth the investment.
Generally speaking, a good pair of gray boots come with the following features:
- Durable yet breathable uppers that are made from either full-grain leather, synthetic materials, or a mix of both.
- Outsoles that offer high-traction and heavy grip which are often made from sturdy, robust rubber or synthetic materials such as TPR.
- A good pair of comfortable gray boots also boast cushioned insoles that may have energy-returning features combined with breathability.
- Some gray boots are also crafted for use in wet conditions as they are seam-sealed to be waterproof.
- Ultimately, gray boots are also designed to be convenient and keep the feet secure as they often come in steel toe or composite toe variants.
Reviews: Today’s Top Pairs Of Gray Boots For Men
Whether it’s for work, a night out with the guys, or a casual day full of errands, nothing will beat a reliable pair of gray boots for men. Comfortable, aesthetic, and durable, these boots surely are worth every penny spent.
So without any further ado, here are some of today’s best pairs of men’s gray boots.
Opening the list for the men’s is a pair of gray boots from Skechers. The Skechers Men’s Mariner Utility Boot is a pair that features durability, comfort, and impressive functionality.
- The Skechers Men’s Mariner Utility Boot features impressive durability as the pair is crafted with high-quality, premium dark gray leather.
- The boots offer solid performance regardless of the surface as they come with high-traction, slip-resistant rubber outsoles.
- Known as a brand that prioritizes comfort, these Skechers boots are also designed to keep the feet feeling comfortable and relaxed as they are equipped with cushioned footbeds.
- The pair is also built to provide stability as they are engineered with lugged utility outsoles.
- Classy yet rugged, the Skechers Men’s Mariner Utility Boot is built for tough environments as the pair is constructed and reinforced with seam details.
Next up on the list is another pair of Skechers gray boots. The Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka is a pair that is crafted to be waterproof, robust, reliable, and functional – all without living comfort behind.
- The Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka boots offer durability with its premium leather uppers.
- Built to execute unbeatable performance, the pair boasts high-traction, slip-resistant, synthetic outsoles.
- In terms of comfort, these Skechers gray boots won’t disappoint as they carry the brand’s signature memory foam insoles.
- These boots are also built for convenience as they come with front lace closure and pull-on tabs.
- Designed to keep the feet feeling snug and comfy, the Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka is engineered to offer the brand’s exclusive relaxed fit.
Third on the list are gray boots from the iconic brand Dr. Martens. The Dr. Martens Men’s Combs Nylon Combat Boot features the brand’s iconic design combined with comfort and durability, making them perfect both for work or casual wear.
- The Dr. Martens Men’s Combs Nylon Combat Boot offers durability along with casual aesthetics as the pair is crafted with a mix of premium leather and high-quality nylon uppers.
- The pair is bound to perform nicely against all surfaces as they engineered with heavy-duty, sturdy, high-traction, slip-resistant synthetic outsoles.
- Offering extreme comfort, these gray boots are equipped with soft, air-cushioned insoles.
- The pair is also designed to show the classic Dr. Martens DNA as they are Goodyear welt constructed along with heel loops and grooved sides.
- The Dr. Martens Men’s Combs Nylon Combat Boot is also easy to wear as the pair is engineered to follow a fold-down design along with classic lace-up front closures.
Fourth on the list is a classic, durable pair from the boot giant Columbia. The Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus III Omni Cold-Weather Boot is designed for tough environments where extra durability and robustness are both called for.
- The Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus III Omni Cold-Weather Boot is designed to be tough with uppers that are made of a mix of premium leather and textile.
- Designed for varying terrains, these cold-weather boots are equipped with sturdy, high-traction rubber outsoles.
- These boots are also designed to be extremely comfortable to wear as they carry the brand’s Techlite midsole combined with a high-energy return, shock-absorbing superior cushioning.
- Built for tough environments, the pair is also seam-sealed to be waterproof, making it a good fit under wet conditions.
- Rugged yet lightweight, the Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus III Omni Cold-Weather Boot is also bound to keep the feet warm as they come with Omni-Heat reflective linings and 200g of insulation.
Coming in next is yet another pair from Columbia. The Columbia Bugaboot III is a pair of gray military-style boots that boast a durable construction acquired from premium, superior-quality materials.
- The Columbia Bugaboot III is built to be durable and reliable as they come with uppers that are built from premium leather.
- The pair is also built for tough terrains as they are equipped with high-traction, lugged rubber outsoles.
- These gray boots are also extremely comfortable as they are designed with cushioned insoles along with padded tongues and collars.
- Easy to wear, the boots offer a secure fit with its classic lace-up front closure.
- Built for tough environments, the Columbia Bugaboot III is also tactical as the pair is designed with non-marking outsoles.
Next up are dark gray Timberland boots. The Timberland Men’s Ankle Chukka Boots are engineered to be tough and durable, all while being eco-consciously made with ethically-sourced materials.
- The Timberland Men’s Ankle Chukka Boots are built to be tough with uppers that are made of premium leather from a Silver-rated tannery.
- The pair is also built to perform well as they come with the brand’s high-traction, slip-resistant rubber outsoles.
- Designed to be extremely comfortable, these gray Timberland boots are equipped with Ortholite footbeds.
- Flexible and functional, the pair is engineered with the brand’s exclusive SensorFlex technology.
- Ethically-sourced yet lightweight, waterproof, and breathable, the Timberland Men’s Ankle Chukka Boots are made of at least 50% recycled plastic.
Nearly completing the list is yet another pair of gray boots from Columbia. The Columbia Men’s Granite Ridge is a mid-cut waterproof boot that is crafted with the brand’s advanced technology combined with handy, adjustable features.
- The Columbia Men’s Granite Ridge is a boot that is built to be durable as the pair is crafted with uppers that are made of a high-quality mix of full-grain and suede leather.
- These boots are built for various terrains and surfaces as they are engineered with high-traction, sturdy, multi-terrain rubber outsoles.
- Designed to provide unbeatable comfort, these gray boots are equipped with well-cushioned, high energy-returning insoles.
- The pair is also designed to offer a snug yet adjustable fit as they come with classic front lace-up closures,
- Engineered to execute toughness, the Columbia Men’s Granite Ridge is fit for wet conditions as the pair is crafted with the brand’s signature waterproof construction.
Finishing the list are steel toe gray boots from Skechers. The Skechers for Work Men’s Blais-Bixford is a pair that is engineered to withstand the tough demands of various conditions while offering full protection for the feet.
- The Skechers for Work Men’s Blais-Bixford is a pair built to be extremely durable as they are crafted with smooth, action leather uppers.
- These boots are equipped to perform well on various terrains as they are engineered with all-terrain, lugged, high-traction rubber outsoles.
- The pair is also undoubtedly very comfortable as they are engineered with the brand’s removable memory foam insoles along with durable synthetic overlays.
- Built to stay snug and fit, these gray boots come with lace-up front closure along with padded collars.
- The Skechers for Work Men’s Blais-Bixford is also designed to keep the feet protected as they come with steel toes that meet ASTM F2412-2011 and ASTM F2412-2011 I/75 C/75 EH safety standards.
Reviews: The Most Comfortable And Top-Selling Women’s Gray Boots
Who said gray is just a color made for men? Women, too, often opt for gray boots. May they want the pair to be used at work or for a casual day full of errands, nothing will beat the comfort of a reliable pair of gray boots for women.
That being said, here are our top picks of today’s most sought-after women’s gray boots.
Opening the list of gray boots for women is a pair from Caterpillar. The Caterpillar Women’s Echo offers both durability and protection as the pair is equipped with sturdy, reliable steel toes.
- The Caterpillar Women’s Echo is a pair of gray boots that feature impressive durability as they are crafted with premium, breathable nubuck leather uppers.
- These gray boots offer heavy grip and traction against various surfaces as they come with oil, slip, and water-resistant rubber outsoles.
- The boots are also impressively comfortable as they are equipped with the brand’s exclusive ERGO technology which integrates stability, flexibility, and comfort.
- These gray boots are also designed to wick away unwanted moisture as they are engineered with breathable, lightweight Nylex Sock Liners.
- The Caterpillar Women’s Echo is built to withstand tough environments and keep the feet protected with its steel tope caps that meet ASTM F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH safety standards.
Second, on the list are boots from the brand Lugz. Leaning towards the rugged and aesthetic side, the Lugz Women’s Mantle is a mid-high fashion boot that is durable, comfortable, and reliable.
- The Lugz Women’s Mantle is a pair of gray boots that feature extreme durability as they are crafted with uppers that are made from synthetic, breathable leather.
- The pair also guaranteed deep traction and heavy grip even on slippery surfaces as they are engineered with lugged, sturdy, slip-resistant TPR outsoles.
- In terms of comfort, these boots won’t disappoint as they are designed with padded collars and tongue, along with comfort cushion insoles.
- These gray boots for women are also impressively breathable as they are intricately crafted with breathable linings.
- The Lugz Women’s Mantle boasts a rugged look that is also built for convenience as they are designed with front lace-up closures.
Third on the list for the women’s is the Lugz Women’s Grotto II. A pair of gray hiking boots, the Lugz Women’s Grotto offers extreme durability that is also equipped along with reliable comfort and protection.
- The Lugz Women’s Grotto II boasts a rugged look that is also made durable as the pair is crafted with uppers that are made of synthetic suede leather.
- These gray hiking boots are built for various terrains as they are engineered with sturdy, robust, slip-resistant, high-traction rubber outsoles.
- The pair offers comfort that remains unmatched as it is designed with well-cushioned insoles along with padded tongues and collars.
- These boots are also built to be lightweight and breathable as they are designed with breathable linings on the inside.
- The Lugz Women’s Grotto II is a hiking boot that is built for tough times as they are well-constructed to withstand the various demands of hiking environments.
Nearly completing off the list is a pair of Columbia hiking boots. The Columbia Women’s Wahkeena is a mid-high hiking boot that is durable, comfortable, and reliably functional.
- The Columbia Women’s Wahkeena is a pair that is reliable, durable, and slightly rugged as the boots are designed with suede leather uppers.
- These hiking boots are also equipped to perform well on various terrains and surfaces as they come with the brand’s Omni-Grip multi-terrain system outsoles.
- Comfort is another key feature of the boors as they are designed with well-cushioned, energy-returning insoles.
- Feminine yet rugged, the pair is also built for wet conditions as they are seam-sealed and constructed to be waterproof.
- The Columbia Women’s Wahkeena is not only functional but also very lightweight and breathable as they come with mesh linings and mesh tongues.
Finally completing the list is another rugged, durable pair of gray boots from the brand Caterpillar. The Caterpillar Women’s Propulsion is a pair that is built for wet conditions, combined with comfort, durability, and full-protection.
- The Caterpillar Women’s Propulsion is a durable construction boot that is crafted from a mix of nylon and premium leather.
- These gray construction boots also offer impressive grip and traction as they are engineered with robust rubber outsoles.
- Built for comfort, these boots are designed with cushioned footbeds.
- The pair is also built to keep the feet protected as they are engineered with composite toes that meet F2413-05 1/75 EH Electrical Hazard safety standards.
- Designed for wet conditions, the Caterpillar Women’s Propulsion is seam-sealed and intricately constructed to be waterproof.
Comparison Table: Today’s Top Pairs Of Gray Boots For Men
|1||Skechers Men's Mariner - Utility Boot||Skechers|
|2||Skechers Men's Relment Pelmo - Chukka Boot||Skechers|
|3||Dr. Martens Men's Combs Nylon - Combat Boot||Dr. Martens|
|4||Columbia Men's Bugaboot Plus III - Omni Cold Weather Boot||Columbia|
|5||Columbia Men's Bugaboot III - Mid Calf Boot||Columbia|
|6||Timberland Men's Ankle Chukka - Gray Work Boot||Timberland|
|7||Columbia Men's Granite Ridge - Mid Waterproof Boot||Columbia|
|8||Skechers Men's Blais-Bixford - Steel Toe Hiking Shoe||Skechers|
Comparison Table: The Most Comfortable And Top-Selling Women’s Gray Boots
|1||Caterpillar Women's Echo - Steel Toe Work Boot||Caterpillar|
|2||Lugz Women's Mantle - Mid Fashion Boot||Lugz|
|3||Lugz Women's Groto II - Hiking Boot||Lugz|
|4||Columbia Women's Wahkeena - Hiking Boot||Columbia|
|5||Caterpillar Women's Propulsion - Construction Boot||Caterpillar|
Gray Boots Questions And Answers
What do you wear with gray boots?
Generally speaking, gray boots are very easy to pair up with any type of outfit. Depending on the look of the footwear, these boots may be paired with a casual getup or a more rugged ensemble.
How do you wear gray combat boots?
Just like any other pair of combat boots, gray combat boots come with a pretty wide boot opening along with front lace-up closure. These boots can be easily worn by slipping in your feet and casually adjusting and tying the laces up according to how tight you want them to be. You may also opt to tuck your pants into the boot prior to lacing up.
Where to buy gray boots for women?
Gray boots for women can be bought in a wide range of different footwear stores. Shopping centers and other big retail stores also offer these boots in the said color.
Additionally, gray boots for women can be conveniently bought online. These boots are often available for purchase via the brand’s official websites, or on third-party online selling platforms like Amazon.
What color of pants match gray boots for men?
There is not a single color that can only go well with gray boots. Essentially, you may want to opt for jeans or pants in the colors of blue, green, gray, white, or black.
How to clean gray canvas desert boots?
Gray canvas desert boots are generally easy to clean. Just like other boots, these ones can be cleaned up using a damp cloth and some soapy water.
You may want to gently wipe off the boots using the damp cloth, and brush any stained parts using the soapy water and some soft-bristled brush. Once clean, allow the boots to simply air dry and they’re good to go.
Which Pair Of Blue Boots Is For You?
Gray boots indeed are a good addition to everyone’s wardrobe. Stylish, slightly rugged, and comfortable, these boots are easy to pair with various outfits.
Gray boots also make excellent work footwear as they go well with most uniforms. These boots are also perfect for casual daytime strolls, or even for a fun night out.
That said, these boots are definitely going to be worth the investment. And with our list of today’s best pairs of gray boots, which one do you think is your perfect fit?