Are you looking for a good pair of cowboy work boots?
Cowboy boots make more than just a piece of a fashion statement for country-loving folks. They provide both aesthetics and function.
And by getting your feet in the best cowboy work boots, you can hit both the look and comfort with one stone.
So, whether you are in for working extra long hours in the ranch, or just simply want to rock that Western look, grabbing a pair of the most comfortable cowboy work boots surely is the smartest way to go.
Advantages of Wearing a Comfortable Pair of Cowboy Work Boots
Back in the Wild West, people wore cowboy boots more for their function rather than the fashion statement they portray. The slightly angled heels, for instance, kept a cowboy’s feet from slipping far into the stirrups. They were high enough for riding and short enough for walking with ease.
Here are some advantages of wearing a good pair of cowboy boots for work:
- Comfortable and supportive
- Fashionable and practical
- Tough and long-lasting
- Easy to put on and remove
- Can be worn in and outside of the workplace
Features of a Great Cowboy Work Boot
A comfortable, perfectly fit pair of cowboy boots is always worth the investment. Below are some of the features that make these boots excellent for a heavy-duty work environment.
- Low-heeled cowboy work boots make walking easy.
- The tall shaft feature of the boots prevents dirt, moisture, and debris from going inside your footwear.
- The rubber outsoles of the boots provide traction and keep you from slipping.
- The bootstraps and lace-free design make it easy to put on and remove.
- The overall design protects your feet from workplace hazards.
Reviews of the Top Cowboy Work Boots for Men
Whether you’re looking to buy a pair for yourself or for someone special, check out our cowboy work boots reviews. They feature today’s most reasonably priced and top-performing cowboy work boots.
ariat has been manufacturing high-performance work boots for over three decades. The Groundbreaker Pull-on Steel Toe Work Boot is among their best-selling. These durable steel-toe work boots are designed to withstand even the toughest conditions.
- These boots are made of 100% full-grain leather, giving them that timeless, classic look.
- This pair boasts heavy-duty Duratread rubber outsoles that are oil and slip-resistant.
- Steel toe design protects toes from getting smashed accidentally.
- This pair is water-resistant, ensuring that the feet stay dry even when walking on muddy surfaces.
- The Groundbreaker Pull-on Steel Toe Work Boot features a high-shaft design that keeps the feet and calves protected while riding.
- These boots are reasonably priced and long-lasting, allowing you to save money in the long run.
Engineered to last, Wolverine work boots are famous for being durable yet comfortable to wear. First founded in 1883, the brand has been manufacturing some of the most functional and stylish work boots in the market. Among their best-selling boots is the Rancher 10” Square Toe Steel Toe Work Boot.
- This pair is engineered with 100% full-grain leather upper and 11.5” shafts provide all-inclusive protection.
- The pair exhibits a sturdy steel toe design that meets ASTM F2413-11 standards, making them ideal for tough work environments.
- The Rancher 10” Square Toe Steel Toe Work Boots are slip and water-resistant making them suitable for slippery and wet conditions.
- These boots also feature removable OrthoLite cushioned footbeds, providing all-day comfort.
- The Rancher 10” Square Toe Steel Toe Work Boot features a Goodyear welt construction that guarantees strength and durability that can withstand the toughest working conditions.
- The boots are designed with low heels which make all-day riding and walking comfortably.
Ariat is a brand dedicated to bringing innovation, function, and comfort with every pair of boots that they manufacture. The Ariat Men’s Hybrid H2O is one of them. This pair is tailored to meet day-to-day ranching needs, rain or shine.
- These boots are made of 100% pure leather and are also waterproof, which keeps the feet dry and comfortable all day.
- The Ariat Men’s Hybrid H2O has Duratread outsoles that provide added traction for maximum support and stability.
- This pair lets you comfortably slide your feet in and out with its wide 14” opening, along with durable dual bootstraps that allow you to easily pull the boots on and off.
- The boots are designed with 11.5” tall shafts that keep the calves protected while riding.
- These cowboy work boots also feature a 4LR cushioning for added all-day comfort.
Wolverine’s incomparable craftsmanship and commitment to innovation are reflected in the Floorhand Waterproof 10” Soft Toe Work Boot. A pioneer in the industry, the brand has yet again claimed its spot in manufacturing boots that are durable, comfortable, and overall stylish.
- These cowboy work boots are made of 100% pure leather upper, while the shafts come with dual bootstraps that allow for easy pulling.
- These boots offer a waterproof construction that keeps the feet from getting wet.
- The Floorhand Waterproof 10” Soft Toe Work Boots have removable cushioned footbeds and rubber midsoles for all-day comfort.
- The boots feature rubber outsoles that guarantee stability and traction.
- The Floorhand Waterproof 10” Soft Toe Work Boots feature a moisture absorbent mesh lining that keeps the feet dry.
Laredo is a brand that offers authentic western boots within reasonable price ranges. For over 45 years, the brand has been manufacturing some of the most functional and comfortable work boots. Among their best pairs is the Laredo Men’s 12” Trucker Boot.
- The Laredo Men’s 12” Trucker Boot features oiled leather uppers with decorative stitching that give this pair that authentic Western look.
- The boots are designed with 12” shafts for total calf protection.
- The boots feature cushioned insoles that provide all-day comfort.
- The angled 1.5” heel design makes this pair perfect for riding.
- The boot opening measures 14” along with dual pull-tabs, making the boots very easy to pull on and off.
Next up on the list is another pair of Wolverine cowboy work boots. The Rancher 10” Square Toe Soft Toe Work Boot is perfect for those who wish to stay comfortable and protected without the added weight of steel toes.
- The Rancher 10” Square Toe Soft Toe Work Boots are made of 100% leather uppers with decorative stitchings and dual bootstraps that give the boots their distinct Western appeal.
- These Rancher 10” Square Toe Boots boasts a Goodyear welt construction that makes the pair durable and long-lasting.
- The boots feature OrthoLite cushioning which makes the footbed extra comfortable.
- These boots are designed with rubber lug outsoles that provide maximum traction.
Wide-footed western fashion enthusiasts should get a pair of Ariat Men’s Rambler Wide Square Toe Western Cowboy Boot for all-day comfort in the workplace.
- The Ariat Men’s Rambler is made of 100% genuine leather that is pliable and pleasant to wear.
- The boots feature wide toe boxes along with15-inch openings that make these boots easy to pull on and off.
- The pair is designed with Advanced Torque Stability technology that gives comfortable support as you move.
- The outsoles are Duratreated which provides flexible comfort and durable traction.
- The boots are created with cushioned, moisture-wicking footbeds that keep the feet feeling cool, dry, and comfortable all day.
The Workhog Pull-On Work Boot is another masterpiece from Ariat. Featuring Ariat’s ATS Technology, these boots guarantee maximum comfort and protection for the untiring worker.
- The Ariat Men’s Workhog is ASTM F2413 compliant, ensuring safety and protection.
- These boots feature full-grain leather uppers, Goodyear welting, and Duratread outsoles which all guarantee durability and superior traction.
- The pair exhibits a roper toe design that makes the boots comfortable to wear for several hours.
- Ariat’s exclusive Advanced Torque Stability (ATS) Technology provides extra support and stability as you move.
- The boots are designed with gel-cushioned footbeds to reduce fatigue, allowing you to work comfortably all day.
The Rebar Flex Western Work Boot is among the top-selling Ariat cowboy work boots that can withstand the toughest of jobs. These boots are heavy-duty yet comfortable, a pair that is truly fit for long hours of work.
- The Rebar Flex Western Work Boot has lugged rubber outsoles that provide just the right amount of traction in varying work environments.
- These boots are made with leather uppers and the decorative stitchings give the pair an authentic Western charm.
- They feature mesh linings that absorb moisture, ensuring that the feet stay dry and comfortable feeling all day long.
- The boots are designed with low, .75-inch platforms that make them ideal for long-distance walking.
- The pair boasts a mid-calf versatile design that matches an extensive wardrobe.
Georgia Boots are dubbed to be “America’s Hardest Working Boots.” A brand that takes pride in manufacturing durable and comfortable footwear, Georgia ensures to always bring out the best value in their products. Among their top-performing is the Men’s Carbo Tec Farm And Ranch Boots.
- The Georgia Men’s Carbo Tec Farm And Ranch are made of SPR leather that is three times stronger than the conventional leather.
- The SPR leather is durable yet soft allowing the boots to feel broken in right out of the box.
- The boots are Goodyear welt constructed and have rubber outsoles are oil and slip-resistant.
- These boots are engineered with the Georgia Waterproof System, keeping the feet dry under wet working conditions.
- The Georgia Men’s Carbo Tec Farm And Ranch Boots feature patented Comfort Core insoles that keep the feet cushioned and comfortable with every step.
Reviews of the Best Women’s Cowboy Work Boots
For those who are looking for a reliable pair of women’s cowboy work boots, the Ariat Probaby Western Cowboy Boot might be the perfect fit. Lightweight, stable, and comfortable, these boots will keep your feet at ease, even during the toughest workdays.
- The Ariat Women’s Probaby is made 100% leather making the pair water-resistant.
- These performance-riding boots are designed with a hint of old-school yet innovative aesthetic features.
- These boots are engineered with the signature ATS technology that provides exceptional support and balance.
- The boots have EVA midsoles that provide comfortable cushioning while maintaining stability.
- The sole is made of Ariat’s patented pro crepe® material, which is lightweight yet durable.
The Ariat Women’s Quickdraw Work Boot is a pair that you can rely on every day. Built to withstand rigid daily activities, this pair treads the balance between comfort and stability, while still being flexible enough for those who like to keep moving.
- The Ariat Women’s Quickdraw features its signature ATS Technology which keeps the boot well-cushioned and stable.
- The boots feature moisture-wicking technology on the footbed, allowing the feet to stay dry all day.
- The outsoles are engineered with Duratread linings ensuring both durability and flexibility.
- The boots are also designed with gel pads in the forefoot for that added comfort.
- The Ariat Women’s Quickdraw Work Boot is designed with 1.5” heels that allow comfortable all-day walking.
A brand known for its Western and Rock-and-Roll inspired footwear, Durango has been manufacturing a wide range of boots in the last 50 years. The brand takes pride in creating products that meet style, comfort, and durability. Among the brand’s best selling boots is the Durango Women’s RD3315.
- The Durango Women’s RD3315 is made of full-grain leather uppers, with dipped toplines and pull tabs for easy pull-on.
- The boots are engineered with sturdy steel toes that can withstand up to 75 lbs of pressure and compression.
- This pair is also designed with tempered steel shanks inside the midsoles which provide additional stability.
- The footbeds feature soft interior mesh linings and are cushioned, allowing for that snug and comfortable fit.
- The outsoles are extremely lightweight and abrasion resistant which offers flexibility.
The Ariat Women’s Workhog H2O Work Boot is a pair that will keep your feet feeling comfortable and dry all day. Made of leather uppers, these boots repel water and moisture, ensuring that you can get through an entire workday without having to deal with wet socks or feet.
- The Ariat Women’s Workhog H2O Work Boot features its signature ATS Max Advanced Torque Stability that keeps the feet cushioned and supported as you move.
- The boots are made of 100% full-grain leather that boasts a Waterproof Pro technology, making them perfect for use under extremely wet conditions.
- This pair features Duratread rubber outsoles that are abrasion, oil, and slip-resistant.
- These boots are designed with Ariat’s unique, patent-pending U-Turn Entry System which allows for a comfortable and true fit regardless of the foot shape.
- The heels measure about 1.5”, making the boots an ideal choice both for walking with ease and comfortable riding.
The Durango Women’s Rebel 10” Boot is a pair that exhibits classic Western features while meeting comfort and durability. These boots are available in half-sizing, allowing you to find the perfect and most comfortable fit.
- The Durango Women’s Rebel 10” Boot features a classic Western look made of 100% full-grain leather.
- These boots offer superior comfort and stability with Cushion Flex insoles and tempered steel shanks.
- The rubber outsoles offer great traction and are abrasion and slip-resistant.
- The heels measure approximately 1 ¼” – just the right height for walking and riding.
- The boots come in a wide range of sizes, including half sizes to ensure an optimal fit.
Ariat cowboy work boots often require no breaking in, and the Women’s Callahan Work Boot is no stranger to this. Made with premium full-grain leather, these boots boast a fun, intricate Western design that is fit for a working cowgirl.
- The Ariat Women’s Callahan Work Boot is made of premium full-grain leather that meets both style and durability.
- The outsoles are made of Duratread rubber that makes the boots flexible and slip-resistant.
- The 14” shafts provide comfortable protection both for riding and working all day at the farm.
- The boots exhibit a decorative stitching pattern along with buck lacing that gives the pair its stylish appeal.
- Ariat’s Advanced Torque Stability (ATS) Technology provides added support and cushioning for all-day comfort and protection.
- The boots are designed with wide 14.5” openings and dual bootstraps that allow for easy pull on and off.
Ariat Women’s Krista is a pull-on steel toe work boot that meets both work safety requirements and durability. Among the top-performing women’s steel toe cowboy work boots, this pair is yet another bestseller from Ariat.
- The Ariat Women’s Krista Pull-on Steel Toe Western Cowboy Boots offer a wide square steel toe profile that provides maximum comfort and protection.
- The boots are engineered to be ASTM F2413-11 compliant which guarantees their safety for use in a heavy-duty work environment.
- The pair is made of full-grain leather uppers with decorative stitch patterns that give these boots that classic cowboy look.
- The boots also feature soft leather linings and Ariat’s patent-pending U-Turn system that both allow for the most comfortable fit.
- The outsoles are made of Duratread rubber, ensuring its durability and stability under varying work conditions.
A leading brand in manufacturing Western apparel, Roper has been producing some of the most high-performing cowboy work boots since 1948. Among their best-selling for the ladies is the Women’s Amelia Western Boot. Designed with relatively short shafts, this pair makes an excellent choice both for work and casual wear.
- The Roper Women’s Amelia Western Boot boasts non-marking rubber outsoles that offer flexibility and traction ensuring full support.
- The angled heels are measured to be approximately 1.5”, making these boots ideal for dancing or walking around without hurting the feet.
- The boots are designed with padded insoles that provide added comfort, keeping the feet snug and protected.
- The pair is made of faux leather material that mimics the classic Western cowboy boots at a fraction of the price.
Durango cowboy work boots have been in the market over the last five decades, making the brand among the most popular and best-selling. One of the brand’s best bets for the ladies is the Durango Rebel Pull-on Western Boot, a durable pair made of 100% premium full-grain leather.
- Durango Rebel Pull-on Western Boot is made of full-grain leather uppers that guarantee all-day breathability and comfort.
- The outsoles are made of rubber that makes the pair slip, oil, and abrasion-resistant.
- The boots are designed with wide 16” openings and dual bootstraps for that easy pull on and pull off experience.
- The removable cushioned footbeds are ventilated and contoured, offering superior comfort and all-day support.
- This pair is engineered with tempered steel shanks that keep the feet protected.
- The boots feature a rolled shank area which allows for better positioning in the stirrups, making the pair perfect for riding.
Ariat manufactures some of the toughest, most durable work boots in the market, and the Ariat Fatbaby Cowgirl Composite Toe Work Boots is one of them. Built to withstand even the toughest conditions, these boots are engineered to exhibit comfort, durability, and style all in one pair.
- The Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Steel Toe Work Boot makes use of the brand’s signature 4LR technology, providing extreme support and cushioning.
- The boots are made of 100% full-grain leather, giving it that classic Western look that can surely pass the test of time.
- The rounded design of the boots allows them to fit most foot shapes.
- This pair of boots meet hazard safety standards, along with a steel toe design that will keep your toes protected.
- The synthetic Duratread outsoles are non-marking and are guaranteed to be slip and oil-resistant.
Cowboy Work Boots for Men Comparison
|1||ARIAT Men's Groundbreaker Pull-on - Steel Toe Work Boot||ARIAT||97|
|2||Wolverine Men's Rancher 10 - Steel Toe Work Boot||Wolverine||98|
|3||ARIAT Men's Hybrid Rancher H2O - Cowboy Work Boot||ARIAT||96|
|4||Wolverine Men's Floorhand Waterproof 10 - Soft Toe Work Boot||Wolverine||97|
|5||Laredo Men's 12 - Pull-on Work Boot||Laredo||96|
|6||Wolverine Men's Rancher 10 - Soft Toe Work Boot||Wolverine||94|
|7||ARIAT Men's Rambler Wide Square Toe - Square Toe Work Boot||ARIAT||99|
|8||ARIAT Men's Workhog Pull-On - Pull-on Work Boot||ARIAT||96|
|9||ARIAT Men's Rebar Flex - Cowboy Work Boot||ARIAT||94|
|10||Georgia Men's Carbo Tec-M - Cowboy Work Boot||Georgia||94|
Women’s Cowboy Work Boots Comparison
|1||ARIAT Women's Probaby - Cowgirl Work Boot||ARIAT||97|
|2||ARIAT Women's Quickdraw - Cowgirl Work Boot||ARIAT||95|
|3||Durango Women's RD3315 Western - Steel Toe Work Boot||Durango||94|
|4||ARIAT Women's Workhog H2O - Cowgirl Work Boot||ARIAT||94|
|5||Durango Women's - Cowgirl Work Boot||Durango||97|
|6||ARIAT Women's Callahan - Cowgirl Work Boot||ARIAT||93|
|7||ARIAT Women's Krista Pull-On Steel Toe - Steel Toe Work Boot||ARIAT||94|
|8||ROPER Women's Amelia - Cowgirl Work Boot||ROPER||96|
|9||Durango Women's Rebel Pull-On - Cowgirl Work Boot||Durango||95|
|10||ARIAT Women's Fatbaby Steel Toe - Steel Toe Work Boot||ARIAT||98|
Which Are The Best Cowboy Work Boots For You?
Getting your feet in the best cowboy work boots is crucial, especially if you spend long hours outdoors. May it be for long walks around the ranch, or a casual ride on your horse, the perfect pair will surely bring you to the right places with ease.
And just like with any other pieces of clothing, the perfect pair of cowboy work boots are not a one-product-fits-all. The comfort, style, and durability are among the top things to be considered in finding the pair that will perfectly fit varying individual needs.
Which ones do you think are the best cowboy work boots for men or women?
Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from links on this page.