In the old days of western America, people liked to wear their traditional Western Boots with a longer collar, this tradition has been followed for centuries and is still very popular today.
Western Work Boots
We also know Western boots as Cowboy boots that are made from very attractive and high-quality leather used for work, and casual wear. There are casual Western Boots available that aim more at comfort and style and then also Western Work Boots which have protective, comfort and durability features specially tailored for the working class. Western Work Boots come in an exciting array of shapes, patterns, and colors.
Below is a list of some of the different toe shapes that are available in a Western Style Boot.
Some Famous Western Boot Toe Shapes
- The Square toe.
- The Traditional Cowboy Boot toe.
- The Snip Toe.
- The more Rounded Toe.
There are different styles of Western Work Boots to choose from as well;
Five Types of Western Work Shoes
- Cowboy Boots.
- Stockman Boots.
- Original Western Work Boots.
- Buckaroo Work Boots.
The Top names in Western Work Boot Manufacturers
When it comes to the shape, design, and quality of a Western Work Boot, there are a few popular manufacturers that you can consider. These boots all fall under the category of Working Footwear because of their safety, comfort and durability features that help you perform better and in a safer manner at work. The following manufacturers make original and unique western work boots that are highly sought after today.
- Tony Lama.
- Dan Post.
- Double H Boots.
- Justin Boots.
- Twisted X.
Western Boots for Horse Riding
There are only a few types of steel toe western boots which horse riders like to use in racing, but these are limited. Horse riding boots are designed especially using high-quality leather to make them more flexible and comfortable and with a rubber sole. A classic pair of horse riding boots will be high enough to cover half of the leg of the rider.
Different Occupations Western Work Boots are Used for
In the Western countries, people use work boots for various occupations and work tasks as well as for other activities and hobbies. Some work boots have a rubber sole which is suited best for electricians and firefighters. However, there are also well-known work boots in the West that are used by masons, concrete finishers, and other industrial workers particularly.
Features of a Western Work Boot
- A longer usually calf length shaft
- A pull on design with or witout decorative details.
- Safety features such as a steel toe or waterproofing.
- Durable constrcution.
- A durable slip and/or oil resistant outsole from rubber or synthetic materails.
Top 5 Western Work Boots for Men
We have selected the top five western work boots according to their ability to provide excellent comfort, support, long-lasting, durability and protection against injuries as well as stability on any floor surface.
Tony Lama has been manufacturing superior quality work boots in the West and selling them all across the world. Today, they introduce the TW1018 Working Boot that will keep your feet protected from injuries and bring you relief from pain and muscle strain. These are superb quality, highly comfortable and durable work boots.
- The boot’s opening measures up to 14.5 inches.
- Manufactured from the highest quality leather.
- An imported quality boot.
- A manmade sole offering excellent grip on slippery surfaces.
- Shaft measures 11 inches from the arch.
- The heel measures 1.5 inches from the floor.
- Provides more comfort for the heel and ankle.
A Western Work Boot famous for its high-heeled quality manmade sole, steel toe, collar, and protective functions to prevent injuries. This is a boot that is safer for the heel, with a high shaft measure, constructed from the best quality leather. A well-performing work boot available in a variety of colors and designs.
- Genuine leather uppers.
- A steel toe for added safety.
- The Shaft measures up to 10 inches from the arch.
- A 90-degree heel.
- The Outsole is completely oil and slip resistant.
- The upper part of the boot is about 10 inches.
- Six rows of stitching used on the top of the boot.
These are one of the best brands of men’s western work boots regularly used by firefighters, electricians, municipal workers, civil engineering professionals and building contractors. This boot comes in a variety of decorative designs and colors; each fitted with a steel toe.
- Imported quality boots.
- Manmade sole in black color.
- Manufactured from high standard leather.
- Heel measures 1.25 inches.
- Boot opening measures up to 15 inches.
- Removable orthotic sole.
- Steel toe for added protection.
- Leather upper
- Shaft measures 11 inches from the arch.
- The sole is double stitched to the upper part.
- Comfortable and will help to keep your body’s balance.
- Flexible for easy and fast movement.
This is a western work boot that is used by many people, young and old as a work boot.
This boot performs well in many different industrial jobs. Your feet will stay relaxed, fresh and dry in these boots even in the highest of temperatures.
- Manmade sole with everlasting stability.
- A softer and much more flexible sole for easy and fast movement.
- Designed with the heavy duty workers needs in mind.
- Manufactured from strong, durable leather.
- Comfortable and softer on the upper side.
- Durable composition sole with anti-slip properties.
- Shaft measures just over 10 inches from the arch.
- Genuine and rugged leather uppers.
- Available in a large variety of sizes.
A very comfortable pair of boots made from flexible materials with a slightly higher heel and stylish design. The Steel shank makes this a robust and durable boot for any work task and any environment.
- Manufactured from 100% genuine leather.
- Imported quality rubber sole.
- From the arch to the shaft it measures up to 10 inches.
- A J-flex system for comfort.
- The rubber outer sole is excellent for any floor surface.
- Comfortable, removable inner sole.
- A Steel shanks for comfort and durability.
- An affordable boot.
- Creatively decorated.
Top 5 Women’s Western Work Boots
In West, there are dozens of nominated and industry-leading shoe manufacturers that have been producing creative, unique and highly comfortable boots for women. These boots meet the specific expectations and requirements of every working woman.
The Gypsy Collection designed by Justin features a synthetic sole, charming leather uppers, a memory foam midsole, and removable insoles as some of the most desirable characteristics of this boot making it an excellent choice for women.
- An imported and superior quality boot.
- Constructed from high-quality leather.
- Memory foam midsole for superb comfort.
- The shaft measures up to 8 inches from the arch.
- Synthetic sole.
- Heel measures 1.5 inches.
- Boot opening measures 13 inches.
- J-Flex comfort system.
- Removable insole so that you can add your own orthotics.
- Platform measures 0.50 inches.
- Creatively designed leather uppers.
Ariat caters specifically for the working woman. Ariat has launched a very high quality, durable and high-performance Western work boot for the women.
- Rubber sole for extra grip on slippery surfaces.
- Manufactured from high-quality leather.
- Elongated leather upper.
- Imported quality.
- Thinner outsole for a more lightweight shoe.
- Heel measures at 1.5 inches.
- Shaft measures 8.5 inches from the arch.
- Platform measures up to 0.5 inches.
- Approved as a horse riding boot.
- Duratread heel for stability and durability.
- Pro-Crepe Light Outsole by Ariat exclusively.
- Premium full-grain leather used for the upper and foot
A legendary industry leading Women’s Western Boot that carries some fantastic specs, features, and benefits mainly women. These are high heel boots with a stylish look, as well as creative and unique designs. The boot is longer with a booster bed and Faux suede lining. Readily available in retail stores and online.
- Manmade quality sole.
- The entire boot is manufactured from imported leather.
- The shaft measures 5 inches from the arch.
- The opening of the boot is about 13.75 inches.
- Faux suede lining inside of the shoe.
- Ariat booster bed for a more roomy and comfortable fit.
- A fashionable and comfortable boot.
This is a very sought after Western boot worn by many women. A classy and traditional look with added comfort and durability features. This boot will help relieve aches and pain from ankle and foot injuries. A fantastic outdoors boot for the adventurous woman.
- Manmade sole.
- A J-Flex comfort system.
- Flexible for easy movement.
- The uppers are entirely made from leather.
- Removable orthotic inserts.
- Constructed from genuine Sorrel Apache leather with Blue Stick Detail.
- A high heeled long boot.
A classic, fashionable boot that is very popular among your more mature women for its traditional and classy style.
- A well constructed manmade sole.
- Imported on request.
- Manufactured from genuine leather.
- The shaft measures at 11.7 inches from the arch.
- The boot opening measures at 14.25 inches.
- The heel is 1.5 inches.
- Decorative stitching.
- Adorned shaft.
- Fiber forked shank.
- Offers added stability to the wearer.
- Comfortable and supportive boot.
Index Table: Men’s Western Work Boots
|1||Tony Lama Men's TW1018 11-inch - Waterproof Western Work Boot||Tony Lama||95|
|2||Ariat Men's Sierra - Wide Steel Toe Western Work Boot||Ariat||96|
|3||Justin Original Men's Stampede - Steel Toe Western Work Boot||Justin Original||96|
|4||Old West Men's SRM4051 - Roper Cowboy Boots||Old West||95|
|5||Justin Original Men's Stampeded - Square Toe Western Work Boots||Justin Original||96|
Index Table: Women’s Western Work Boots
|1||Justin Boots Women's Gypsy - Western Work Boots||Justin Boots||95|
|2||Ariat Women's Fatbaby 2 - Stylish Western Work Boots||Ariat||95|
|3||Ariat Women's Legend - Long Western Work Boot||Ariat||94|
|4||Justin Boots Women's Stampede - Decorative Western Work Boots||Justin Boots||96|
|5||Ariat Women's Heritage - Round Toe Western Work Boot||Ariat||96|