Workboots Review is reader supported. We may earn money when you click on links in our articles. This comes at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Landscaping contractors have the profession whereby they make natural surroundings look pristine.
They spend many hours on their feet usually in mud, water and dirt, therefore having the proper pair of work boots are vital.
Landscapers need a pair of work boots that will provide them comfort, stability, safety and most importantly waterproofing, for the conditions that they work in.
What Exactly is Landscaping
Landscaping is the act of changing the visible features of a natural area such as the fauna and flora, as well as the terrain and water bodies to make it look more aesthetically pleasing.
It is basically an advanced form of gardening, which requires the contractor to be an expert in horticulture as well as artistic design.
Hazards Involved with Landscaping Work
When you are a Landscaping contractor you face quite a few hazards and risks.
- Work Tools: The use of tools such as shovels and garden forks, as well as other sharp tools and equipment that can cause serious cuts and even amputations.
Electric Hazard: Electrical equipment such as saws and lawn mowers are also used which pose electrocution risks that can be prevented by wearing a work boot that offers solid electrical hazard protection.
Ergonomics: This is another health hazard as a landscaping contractor will not only be on his feet all day, but he will also work in awkward positions for long time periods.
Lifting and Moving: of heavy materials, tools and equipment can pose a falling object risk, therefore a steel or composite safety toe may also be necessary.
Chemicals: water, pesticides, oil, and abrasives may be present resulting in the requirement of a boot that is resistant to all these materials as well as completely waterproof. Slips, trips, and falls can be prevented by choosing a work boot that has a rubber sole which offers good grip and traction on any surface.
Features of a Proper Landscaping Work Boot
- A Steel Shank to support your arch and give stability on different terrains.
- Quality construction such as Goodyear Welt construction technology.
- Comfort is a very important factor because a Landscaping contractor will be on his feet for long periods of time.
- Job site safety, depending on your job requirements and your employer’s regulations you may need a boot with a steel or safety toe along with other safety features.
The Top Landscaping Work Boots Reviews
The below list contains reviews on a few of the top landscaping boots that are available;
Timberland prides themselves on making work boots for hard working people for decades. The men’s Timberland PRO Pit Boss is a lightweight abrasion resistant boot with comfort and safety features making this boot perfect for Landscaping work.
- Durable and abrasion resistant.
- EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning.
- A mesh lining with Agion antimicrobial treatment.
- A single density open-cell polyurethane footbed.
- Nylon shank for arch support and stability.
- Abrasion resistant steel toe for added protection.
- Constructed of durable Nubuck waterproof leather.
- Electrical hazard protection that meets ANSI Z41PT99, ASTM F2412-05 and F2413-05 standards.
For the highest quality and performance in a boot, this is the ultimate model in work boots to consider.
These boots have many features; Here are a few features that could tilt the balance in its favor.
- Made from high-quality Full-Grain leather that molds to your foot shape.
- Long lasting, and durable boot that also looks sophisticated and stylish enough for any occasion.
- The man made rubber soles are well designed and shaped for great traction.
- Eyelet and welt stitches design for better appearance and fit.
- The covered cushion insole and EVA midsole are extremely comfortable and will keep your feet well cushioned.
- This shoe will not only function as a work boot but is great to wear for other occasions.
- PVC polyblend injection molded seamless construction.
- 100% waterproof and flexible for greater comfort.
- Resistant to degradation from agricultural chemicals, fertilizers, and animal waste.
- CT (Comfort Technology) offers a unique scalloped top-line for easy flexing.
- Lightweight FOOT FORM contour cushion insole provides arch and heel support and is removable, washable and replaceable
- Deep angle cleated outsole prevents slips and falls on slippery surfaces.
- Contoured heel cup reduces heel slippage.
- Steel toe impact protection.
- Electrical hazard rated outsole.
- Lightweight boots that will keep your feet warm and dry.
- Waterproof and Durable Work Boots.
- Breathable Airmesh Lining.
- Self Cleaning Outsole.
- High Traction Rubber Outsole.
This is a work boot that is similar to a hiking boot, it offers high levels of waterproofing and excellent ankle support and comfort.
- A heat-resistant rubber outsole that offers electrical shock protection.
- A steel safety toe that can withstand compression and impact of up to 75lbs.
- Made from waterproof materials so your feet will remain dry in wet conditions.
- Lace-to-toe engineering so that you can adjust the fit for extreme comfort.
- A combination of lightweight EVA midsole and Rocky Air-Port cushioned footbed for comfort and better airflow.
- An IronClad outsole constructed from seven layers of non-slip and oil resistant rubber.
- Overall a very durable and comfortable work boot.
- Available in brown and brindle brown color variations.
Wolverine Men’s Dublin boots are great not only for Landscaping work but industrial and outdoor work as well.
They offer an excellent combination of comfort and protection against the elements and various work risks.
Constructed of high-quality leather.
- A 6.5-inch shaft from the arch.
- The Removable full cushioned insole offers comfort and the option for added orthotics.
- A moisture managing mesh lining to keep your feet dry.
- The Wolverine Opanka constructed outsole is tough and durable.
- A Nylon Shank for protection and stability.
If you are looking for a tough performer then the Georgia Mud Dog is just for you. This is a dependable and durable boot with all the safety and comfort requirements of a great landscaping work boot.
- A full grain leather shaft and molded waterproof thermoplastic urethane shell foot.
- The lightweight Comfort Core insole and moisture wicking Cushmesh lining will keep your feet dry and comfortable all day long.
- A supportive steel shank for extra protection and stability.
- The non-marking Phoenix rubber outsole offers superb traction.
- An orthotic insole for added comfort and support.
- A durable and comfortable work boot.
The Irish Setter Wellington work boot is a classic 11-inch pull-on work boot designed for tough in tough terrains. The Irish Setter offers you stability and security as well as electrical hazard protection.
- Constructed from full-grain waterproof leather combined with a Vibram sole for excellent durability and traction.
- The shaft measures 11.5 inches from the arch, preventing water and mud from entering the boot.
- An UltraDRy waterproofing system.
- ASTM standard electrical hazard protection.
- A heat-resistant outsole.
- The StableFlex technology gives you added stability and comfort.
The Justin J-max is an authentic and stylish western-style landscaper’s work boot.
- Comfortable Pull on work boot with a rounded roomy toe.
- Removable insoles so you can fit your own orthotics in case you need special ones.
- Jel technology and mesh spacer footbed provide extra comfort and keep your feet fresh at all times.
The EverBoots Ultradry is one of your best options when it comes to landscaping work boots. They are durable, waterproof, and yet comfortable enough for being on your feet all day in a demanding occupation.
- The uppers are manufactured from full-grain, premium leather, with a waterproof, breathable membrane and waterproof sealed direct attach construction.
- The midsole offers excellent shock absorption with the polyurethane structure.
- The outsole is durable, slip resistant and water resistant.
- Insulated with a warm polyester lining, for warmth.
- Ideal for outdoor work on all terrain in all weather conditions.
- This work boot runs bigger than most other brands.
This work boot is inspired by top athletes while being designed for hard work in harsh environments.
- Tough and comfortable leather uppers.
- A durable slip resistant outsole.
- For safety, there is a wide composite toe cap and static dissipative materials.
- You can look forward to comfort and stability features such as the ZigTech EVA midsole, rigid heel stabilizer, and FootFuel footbed.
Chippewa is a tried and trusted brand when it comes to work boots. So most certainly, there is a perfect model for landscaping, the Tough Bark.
- Genuine full grain leather uppers with a waterproof membrane.
- Insulated to keep you warm in cold weather conditions.
- A triple rib shank and non-tarnishable hardware.
- The insole is soft and comfortable, as well as removable.
- A durable and slip-resistant outsole that offers excellent traction on slippery surfaces.
ariat is a well known and sought after brand when it comes to work boots, the Canyon for women is a lightweight and tough designed work boot with the perfect fit profile for women.
- Manufactured from 100% tough and comfortable full grain leather.
- features ATS; Advanced Torque Stability technology along with a composite forked shank for added protection and stability.
- Features a comfortable and spacious round toe profile.
- Shock absorbing EVA midsole, and slip resistant outsole.
- There is an inner lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
The Timberland Pro Titan is a tough and durable work boot, with some exceptional comfort and waterproofing features, making it ideal for Landscaping and outdoor work.
- Features a Powerfit Comfort system with an ergonomic design for better movement, and critical support.
- The anti-fatigue cushioned insoles ensure all day comfort and support.
- Full grain, durable leather uppers with a waterproof membrane and breathable antimicrobial inner lining.
- Lightweight. with a tough slip resistant, rubber outsole.
Something a little less Robust and a lot more feminine and fun, the Jules Wellibob is a Wellington ankle boot for wet conditions, available in a large variety of “Girly” colors and funky prints.
Manufactured from hard-wearing natural rubber that is completely waterproof.
The high grip outsole has a water dispersing tread design, and is slip resistant.
Inside there is a comfortable and breathable textile lining.
Comes with a removable cushioned insole.
Available in many colors and patterns.
Ideal for outdoor work in wet and slippery or muddy conditions.
A landscaping contractor has a tough job working long hours on his feet on different terrains, many times in wet and muddy conditions and sometimes in high temperatures.
Slip and trip hazards, electrical and falling objects hazards are just some of the risks involved in this work. The listed boots will provide a landscaping contractor with the support, comfort, and safety required for this specific occupation.