Bunions and Corns are two different foot conditions caused by some of the same as well as different elements.
If you are unfortunate enough to have both, do not fret, there are plenty of solutions and remedies to ease the discomfort and symptoms as well as to prevent further aggravation and pain.
Wearing proper Work Boots that offer good support and a comfortable accommodating fit can be a lifesaver when it comes to Bunions and Corns.
Corns and Bunions in a Nutshell
A Bunion is a deformity or growth that looks like a bony bump at the Base of your Big Toe,. Bunions are basically foot bones that are out of alignment and can become painful when pressure is exerted on them. In turn a Bunion can lead to other foot conditions such as Corns and Callouses,
Corns and Callouses
Friction or pressure on a specific area of your foot frequently may result in either a Corn or Callous.these are generally thick, hard skin in the area where the skin has died.
Corns look like a cone-shaped protrusion and point into the skin which forms a painful pressure point, that is usually caused or aggravated by poorly fitting shoes.
Bunion and Corn Home Treatments
There are certain Lifestyle adaptations that you can make in the Treatment of Bunions;
- Choose shoes and Work Boots that fit properly and have sufficient toe room.
- Orthotic inserts or insoles in your shoes provide comfort, support and pain relief.
- You can pad, tape or splint the sore toe for less irritation and better support.
- Avoid activities that cause your pain.
- Apply ice to the area, and take rest periods to reduce swelling and pain.
The treatment for Corns are slightly different;
- Most Corns will disappear if you illuminate the cause and irritation.
- Moleskin pads help to reduce pressure on Corns.
- Oral antibiotics may help to clear up infected corns.
- Generally keep your feet dry, well-moisturized and friction-free to prevent and treat Corns as well as Callouses.
- Orthopedic insoles or inserts can help correct the problem.
- Good cushioning in your shoes will alleviate pressure.
Reviews: Best Work Boots for Bunions and Corns1
Orthopedic Boots for Corns and Bunions
Dr. Comfort offers some of the best available Orthopedic Work Boots for both men and women. The models I have chosen are ideal for accommodating foot conditions such as Bunions, and ensuring the least pressure is exerted on Corns.
- The Dr. Comfort Boss features a protective steel toe for industrial work environments with many hazards.
- Both the Boss and Vigor have a comfortable Gel insole that is removable for the use of your won orthotic devices.
- Available in wider widths to accommodate Corns and bunions as well as all foot shapes and sizes.
- Comfortable leather upper construction with an adjustable lace up system.
- The Dr. Comfort Vigor is a specialty collection model that is ideal for all foot conditions and ailments including Bunions and corns.
Construction Work Boot for Corns and Bunions
Propet is another Orthopedic Footwear brand that has proven to be highly effective when it comes to foot conditions, as well as extremely durable in the workplace.
- The Propet Madi has a Vaporex insole that ensures additional warmth in cold weather, and a waterproof lining to keep your feet dry.
- There is scotch guard treatment on the Propet Madi for abrasion and water resistance.
- The Propet Madi has a double insole with an Extra Volume insole system and a customized fit to accommodate orthotic devices.
- The Propet Shield walker features a removable comfort footbed and is available in wider widths for all foot types.
- Both these Propet shoe models are A5500 Medicare approved and have a comfortable and flexible leather upper construction.
- Both models likewise have a slip resistant and durable outsole.
Steel Toe Work Boots for Bunions and Corns
- Tough and durable leather construction from 1000% pure leather.
- A breathable and moisture wicking inner nylon and mesh lining.
- Speed lacing system for a fast and customizable fit.
- The high traction rubber outsole is oil and slips resistant on a variety of floor surfaces.
- The removable Pu inner sock and comfortable insert allow you to use your own orthotic devices.
- Features a wider width fit to accommodate conditions such as ad Bunions and Corns.
Steel toe Work Boots for Corns and Bunions
The Skechers for Work Workshire, Steel Toe Work Boot is a highly protective and comfortable work boot with a wider toe box and relaxed fit.
- A very comfortable work boot with a relaxed fit and traditional lace-up system in Buffalo Crazy horse leather uppers.
- There is a removable Ge-Infused footbed with luxury memory foam cushioning for comfort and stress relief.
- The durable and oil as well as slip resistant outsole has a lug design [[pattern for exceptional traction.
- Meets ASTM standards for safe electrical materials as well as the protective steel toe.
- Available in larger sizes and wider widths to accommodate all foot types.
Orthopedic Bunion and Corn work Boot
The Propet Ridgewalker for men and women is a hiking style Work Boot that is ideal for outdoor environments.
This work boot not only ensures superb comfort, but likewise protects your feet against harsh elements and risk factors in the work environment.
- A Comfortable and breathable hiking style work boot with Suede leather and mesh uppers in a comfortable snug fit.
- There is a removable comfort insole allowing you the use of your won orthotics.
- Medicare A5500 approved footwear with cushioning and a supportive EVA midsole.
- The durable rubber outsole offers excellent slip resistance.
- An orthopedic work shoe with a wider forefoot and toe box to accommodate all foot types and conditions.
Index Table: Top Work Boots for Bunions and Corns
|No.||Boot||Men ♂||Women ♀||Features||Brand||Score|
|1||Dr. Comfort® - Orthopedic Boots for Corns and Bunions||Dr. Comfort||98|
|2||Propet® - Construction Work Boot for Corns and Bunions||Propet||9|
|3||Caterpillar® - Steel Toe Work Boots for Bunions and Corns||Caterpillar||97|
|4||Skechers for Work® - Steel toe Work Boots for Corns and Bunions||Skechers for Work||98|
|5||Propet® - Orthopedic Bunion and Corn work Boot||Propet||98|