Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.
As Warehouse staff, your customers rely on you to distribute and store their products properly and safely.
This, in turn, takes many processes for a safe operation which, again, holds many hazards and many long hours of work on your feet.
Warehouse Work Safety
In any warehouse environment with the tasks of packing, distribution and storing, mostly, there are hazards and risks faced by employees on a daily basis, that could affect their health and safety.
In any work environment, there are certain safety protocols and safety gear that needs to be implemented, and the same goes for warehouse work. Warehouse employees need to wear suitable clothing and footwear to protect themselves, as well as keep them safe and comfortable for this type of work.These are some of the required Personal Protective Items in a Warehouse environment;
- Hard Hats.
- Safety Glasses or Goggles depending on the type of warehouse.
- Safety Shoes or Boots.
- Overalls or safe clothing.
- Safety Gloves.
Why is Warehouse Personal Protective Equipment ImportantPersonal Protective Equipment is generally a key element in any warehouse safety rules, to minimize risks and keep employees safe from harm.
Most Warehouses implement a Risk Assessment Procedure before work tasks to detail potential risks and implement safety procedures.In general these are some of the main Hazards faced by warehouse staff;
- Extreme weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold, rain or even snow.
- Falling objects landing on hands, feet, and heads.
- You are flying particles and dust that may come into contact with your eyes.
- Corrosive liquids and other hazardous materials that may come into contact with your skin.
- Exposure to high noise levels.
- Fatigue from standing all day.
- Slip and Trip hazards.
What to Look for in a Warehouse Safe Work BootWhen choosing the best Safety Work Boot for working in a warehouse, this is what you need to look for;
- A steel, alloy or composite safety cap toe.
- Waterproof uppers that are comfortable and durable.
- Breathable materials and a moisture managing lining.
- Good shock absorbency and cushioning for comfort, to prevent fatigue.
- A durable outsole that is oil and slip resistant.
- Insulation where necessary.
- Electrical Hazard Safe materials.
- Protection against extreme heat, or extreme cold.
- A puncture-proof plate, particularly for warehouse distributors and delivery staff.
- Overall durable construction, look for cement construction or Goodyear Welt.
Reviews: Best Warehouse Work Boots
Timberland Pro is a name you will find all over when looking for tough and durable work boots. The Pitboss is ideal for any form of warehouse work, with its protective steel toe and comfort features.
- Pure and durable leather uppers with a padded top collar for a more snug and comfortable fit.
- The outsole offers outstanding traction and I slip, oil and abrasion resistant.
- An asymmetrical steel toe cap for further protection.
- Features comfort suspension technology for rigorous work site demands and long hours on your feet, to reduce foot fatigue and support your arch while providing plush cushioned comfort.
- Comfortable and stylish enough to wear to work or out and about.
The Caterpillar Hauler is a true leader in its class, a tough and comfortable work boot, offering you the best in protection against safety hazards in the workplace.
- Features tough and comfortable full grain leather uppers that are entirely waterproof.
- Inside is a Nylon mesh lining to control; moisture so your feet are kept dry from the inside and outside.
- A Nylon and PU foam sock liners ensure all-day lasting comfort.
- The T1200 outsole offers you reliable puncture resistance.
- Strobel and cement construction for long lasting durability that can handle tough wear.
I would recommend the Roughneck from Redwing’s Heritage range as a more upfront and appealing work boot for working long hours on your feet, with customers. It offers superior comfort features, looks absolutely stunning and is water and stain resistant.
- Stunning leather uppers are available in a few rich neutral color options for you to choose from.
- A tough and slip resistant lug outsole, for all surface areas.
- The leather is completely stain, water and perspiration resistant, meaning your feet stay dry inside out.
- Very easy to clean and maintain.
- The lug outsole will not collect dirt or debris and is similarly easy to clean.
- A very tough and comfortable work boot for long hours on your feet.
For a tough and demanding day, in harsh and unpredictable work situations the Keen Utility Tacoma, will never let you down.
- Tough and durable leather uppers with a reinforced toe and heel, and an asymmetrical composite protective toe cap.
- The leather uppers are fully waterproof with a breathable membrane to improve ventilation.
- Electrical hazard safe meeting ASTM and standards.
- Likewise non-slip meeting F1677-96 ASTM standards.
- Completely non-metallic construction, making these boots airport and security gate friendly, with a 90-degree heel for support and stability.
Besides from being one of the Top Brands in work boots, the Wolverine in the Raider model offers you an easy slip on and off style, in a comfortable and robust work boot with an ankle support design.
- 100% Durable and long-lasting leather uppers with an easy pull-on tab for your convenience.
- A durable and highly slip resistant outsole manufactured from fine quality rubber.
- Inside there is a moisture managing mesh lining keeping your feet dry and comfortable.
- Multishock compression shock absorbing pads are molded into the outsole for excellent cushioning and shock absorbency.
- A removable and highly comfortable, fully cushioned footbed.
- Features Wolverine’s famous multishox contour welt construction.
- An additional Nylon shank for stability and protection where you need it the most.
One of the most important aspects of your work shoe besides protection, when it comes to Warehouse work, is comfort. Warehouse staff are on their feet, up and down for many long hours, and require good cushioning and shock absorbency in their work shoe.
Other than that, work sites for Warehouse workers are ridden with many hazards, and a protective work boot for these specific hazards along with durability, are absolutely critical.
Index Table: The Best Warehouse Work Boots
|1||Timberland Pro Men's Pitboss - Steel toe Warehouse Work Boot||Timberland Pro||98|
|2||Caterpillar Men's Hauler - Waterproof Warehouse Workboot||Caterpillar||96|
|3||Redwing Heritage Men's Roughneck - Stylish warehouse Work Boot||Redwing Heritage||96|
|4||Keen Utility Men's Tacoma - Safety warehouse Work Boot||Keen Utility||97|
|5||Wolverine Men's Raider - Slip on Warehouse Work Boot||Wolverine||96|