Are you looking for a good pair of composite toe boots?
If you happen to be working in a tough environment, chances are, you are looking for a reliable pair of composite toe boots.
Durable and timeless, this type of work boots provides enough safety and security minus all unwanted weight.
And whether it’s for work or hiking purposes, the best composite toe boots are always going to be worth the investment.
Advantages of Wearing Composite Toe Boots
Composite toe work boots are made of tough, non-metal materials, such as Kevlar, durable plastic, carbon fiber, or fiberglass. Due to the non-metallic construction of these boots, they are often preferred by many, especially those who work in the airport and security field.
Essentially, wearing a good pair of composite toe work boots come with the following advantages:
- Relatively lightweight, making them more comfortable to wear compared to their steel toe counterpart
- Provides safety and security to the feet, especially under tough work environments
- They don’t set off metal detectors and alarms, making them security and airport-friendly
- Some are seam-sealed to be waterproof, making them suitable for use under wet environments
- Comfortable and keeps the feet from feeling fatigued, even during extended hours of wearing
Features of The Best Composite Toe Boots
The first pair of safety boots are believed to be manufactured back in the beginning of the 20th century. It was during this period that people started going over on industrial safety issues and laws on compensation were enacted.
Fast forward to the year we’re in today and a wide selection safety boots are made available. Among these are comfortable composite toe work boots.
Essentially, a good pair of composite toe work boots carry the following features:
- Non-metallic, heavy-duty uppers made of composite material which provides ample protection for the feet
- Non-metallic eyelets that are made of nylon or plastic materials that will not trigger security and airport alarms
- GORE-TEX membranes that give the boots its waterproofing feature, allowing these boots fit for use under wet conditions
- Lugged sole design which enables heavy and high traction, even on muddy, snowy, and slippery surfaces
- Puncture, chemical, heat, oil-resistant, and electrical hazard safe, meeting the most basic requirements for safety standards
Reviews: The Top Men’s Composite Toe Boots
For the men who work hours doing tough jobs, a reliable pair of safety work boots are a must. And if you’re not a fan of the usual steel toe but are looking for safety shoes that will get you covered all-day at work, then composite toe work boots are your option.
Without further ado, here are some of the best composite toe boots for men.
Opening the list for the men’s composite toe work boots is a pair of Timberland composite toe boots. The Timberland Men’s White Ledge is crafted to keep the feet safe and protected at work, without exactly causing them to feel strained. Made of high-quality materials, this pair easily makes it to the top as it meets both functionality and unbeatable comfort.
- The Timberland Men’s White Ledge is crafted to showcase both durability and timeless aesthetics with its mix of premium full-grain leather and high-quality textile uppers.
- These work boots are also bound to keep your feet steady on the ground as they provide heavy traction with their rubber outsoles.
- Comfort also meets functionality as the trail-ready pair boasts removable dual-density EVA footbeds.
- Worry not about working under wet conditions as the boots are seam-sealed to be waterproof.
- The Timberland Men’s White Ledge is a pair of composite toe work boots built to perform, last long, and stay secure as it features rustproof speed lace hardware with hooks.
Next on the list are Carhartt composite toe boots. The Carhartt Men’s Rugged Flex 6″ Brown Composite Toe Boot is tailored to provide safety amidst rugged and tough work. Durable, yet lightweight, these work boots are fit for almost all sorts of tough jobs.
- Designed to function as an everyday boot, the Carhartt Men’s Rugged Flex 6″ Brown Composite Toe Boot is made of premium oiled leather uppers.
- These composite toe work boots are also slip and oil-resistant as they are constructed with sturdy, durable rubber outsoles.
- Worry not about fatigue as the pair is crafted to be shock-absorbent, along with well-cushioned Ortholite insoles.
- These boots also showcase impressive flexibility as they boast the brand’s unique RuggedFlex technology that follows the movement of the feet.
- The Carhartt Men’s Rugged Flex 6″ Brown Composite Toe Boot is engineered to keep the feet protected and secured as they meet ASTM 2413-11 EH safety standards.
Third on the list are Skechers composite toe work boots. Crafted for all-day wearing, the Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka is a pair that can keep up with any type of working environment.
- The Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka is constructed with durable, classic uppers that are made of a mix of high-quality textile and sport suede leather.
- The boots are also made for all types of terrains as they feature flexible, high traction, rubber outsoles.
- This pair is also all about comfort as they are designed with soft fabric linings along with the brand’s classic Relaxed Fit design, allowing for a roomy fit.
- Another thing that adds up to the pair’s overall comfort is its mesh fabric collar and memory foam cushioned comfort insoles.
- The Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka is also lightly textured and engineered to withstand wet environments as it is constructed with a seam-sealed waterproof design.
Wolverine is a powerhouse brand when it comes to footwear manufacturing, and one of the brand’s notable pairs is the Wolverine Men’s Overpass 6″. These Wolverine composite toe work boots are tailored to meet the durability of a work boot combined with the flexibility and comfort of an athletic shoe.
- The Wolverine Men’s Overpass 6″ boasts durability and class with its leather and textile uppers.
- These composite toe work boots also boast impressive traction along with slip and oil-resistance as they are engineered with rubber outsoles.
- The pair also promotes all-day comfort with its removable Orholite cushioned footbeds.
- Tailored to function as a utility boot, this pair features unmatched flexibility as it carries the brand’s Contour Welt construction which follows the natural bending and flexing of the feet.
- Abrasion-resistant and water-resistant, the Wolverine Men’s Overpass 6″ is also crafted to provide full protection as it meets ASTM safety standards.
If you’re looking for cowboy composite toe boots, then this pair from Ariat is for you. The Ariat Work Men’s Rebar is a pair that provides all-day comfort and protection that is fit for all types of weather.
- The Ariat Work Men’s Rebar exhibits timeless durability with its full-grain leather upper construction.
- The boots are fit for varying terrains as they boast high traction and grip with their sturdy rubber outsoles.
- The pair also provides unbeatable comfort as it is crafted with well-cushioned, four-layer footbeds.
- These boots are also roomy enough to comfortably fit the foot with their wide square toe profile, along with anatomical last that provides true fit.
- The Ariat Work Men’s Rebar is also built for all types of weather as it features the brand’s Waterproof Pro construction.
Making it to our top list is a pair of Under Armour composite toe boots. The Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tac Protect is a pair of military and tactical boot that provides lightweight security for the feet without compromising comfort. Sturdy yet breathable, this pair boasts some of the brand’s most iconic features.
- The Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tac Protec is crafted to exhibit durability that doesn’t compromise breathability with its premium leather and 900D nylon textile uppers.
- These work boots provide heavy traction against slippery surfaces as they are engineered with heavy-duty rubber outsoles.
- The pair also speaks all-day comfort along with full support with its molded EVA midsoles and TPU shanks/
- These Under Armour composite toe boots are also waterproof as they are crafted with the brand’s UA Storm Technology.
- The Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tac Protect boasts unbeatable security and protection as it is designed with internal composite protective toes.
If you are looking for Magnum composite toe boots, then this one is your perfect match. The Magnum Men’s Precision Ultra Lite II is a pair that promises to get the job done while ensuring the overall safety of the feet. Meeting ASTM safety standards, these boots are also unbelievably comfortable and comes with a back-up pair of laces.
- The Magnum Men’s Precision Ultra Lite II boasts a timeless look with its premium, full leather uppers.
- These composite toe boots are guaranteed to be slip and oil-resistant, all thanks to their sturdy rubber outsoles.
- The pair also provides unbeatable comfort as they are designed with the brand’s signature M-P.A.C.T. Contoured insoles.
- These also make an excellent pair for rugged work without the worry of the laces being all over the place as the boots are designed with a non-metal speed lacing system.
- The Magnum Men’s Precision Ultra Lite II is also fit for use under wet conditions as these boots are engineered to be waterproof along with the brands I-shield protection technology.
Finishing the list of composite toe boots for men is another pair from boot manufacturer Ariat. The Ariat Men’s Catalyst VX delivers innovative and comfortable performance as it boasts some of the brand’s most iconic boot features.
- The Ariat Men’s Catalyst VX features classic durable uppers that are constructed with premium full-grain leather.
- The boots boast deep and heavy traction as they are engineered with durable and sturdy rubber outsoles.
- The pair also speaks unmatched comfort as they are equipped with the brand’s signature X-STATIC sock liners.
- These composite toe boots are made for tough work as they are engineered with the brand’s most advanced Cobalt VX Technology along with sturdy composite toes.
- The Ariat Men’s Catalyst VX guarantees a comfortable, roomy fit as these boots are designed with a wide square toe profile.
The Best Women’s Composite Toe Boots
Women are now working in industries that require extra tough and heavy-duty work. Same for the men, they, too, deserve footwear that will keep them safe and comfortable at work.
Without any further ado, here’s our top list of the best composite toe work boots for women.
Opening the list of composite toe boots for women is a pair from Ariat. The Ariat Women’s Tracey is a pair of composite toe western boots that meets both style and comfort.
- The Ariat Women’s Tracey boasts a timeless Western look with its durable full-grain leather construction.
- The boots also provide excellent traction as they are built with non-marking Duratred soles.
- Comfortable to wear, the boots are engineered with well-cushioned, four-layer footbeds.
- These Ariat composite toe boots are also designed to provide roomy fit with the brand’s revolutionary U-Turn Entry System.
- The Ariat Women’s Tracey also provides full protection for the feet as the pair is certified to be ASTM F2413-11 F1/75 C/75 EH rated.
Making it next on the list are Carhartt composite toe boots. The Carhartt Women’s Rugged Flex 6” is a pair that is built to never quit. Boasting durability and the key features that make Carhartt a standout brand, these boots are committed to keeping the feet snug and comfortable all day.
- The Carhartt Women’s Rugged Flex 6” features a classic look with its timeless full-grain leather upper construction.
- These composite toe boots are also made to provide heavy traction without limiting the movement as they carry the brand’s signature Rugged Flex rubber outsoles.
- The boots also speak unbeatable comfort as they are designed with foam cushion insoles.
- In terms of durability, this pair won’t disappoint as the boots are engineered using a cement construction.
- Designed to keep the feet safe, the Carhartt Women’s Rugged Flex 6” isn’t only ASTM F2413-18 rated, but is also equipped with the brand’s FastDry Technology Lining which keeps the boot dry and free from moisture all day.
Another great option from the list is from the boot giant Ariat. The Ariat Women’s Macey is timeless yet durable, making it an absolute fit for all the tough works that a heavy-duty job requires.
- The Ariat Women’s Macey is a pair that is designed to exhibit timeless durability with its premium, full-grain leather uppers.
- These boots won’t risk slipping and will provide maximum wear resistance as they are engineered with Duratread rubber outsoles.
- The pair also boasts unbeatable comfort with their well-cushioned four-layer footbeds.
- A signature Ariat creation, these boots also boast easy-on lace-up closures.
For the woman who likes Tims, this pair of Timberland composite toe boots are the perfect option. The Timberland PRO Women’s Hightower 6″ has a classic look that can withstand the test and toughness of time.
- The Timberland PRO Women’s Hightower 6″ is a boot that exhibits a timeless yet durable aesthetics with its leather and textile uppers.
- The pair is also equipped to ensure the feet stay stable on the ground as they are engineered with high-traction rubber outsoles.
- The boots are also bound for comfort and impressive shock-absorption as they are designed with the brand’s Anti-Fatigue Technology that features polyurethane footbeds.
- The pair is also bound to provide overall safety for the feet as they feature the brand’s signature CarbonShield Technology.
- The Timberland PRO Women’s Hightower 6″ is also fit for use during the cold as they are equipped with 400g of thermolite insulation.
This next pair is all about being a little rugged. The Harley-Davidson Women’s Waites is a pair of work boots crafted to meet the demands of industrial work. Additionally, these boots can also be comfortably worn for a hike.
- The Harley-Davidson Women’s Waites features a rugged look with its mix of premium leather and lightweight mesh upper construction.
- These boots are bound not only for industrial work but for good hiking days as well as the pair is constructed with high-traction, sturdy rubber outsoles.
- The pair is all about providing comfort as they are designed with breathable mesh linings.
- The Harley-Davidson Women’s Waites also boasts durability with its impressive cement construction.
- Built for rugged work environments, the Harley-Davidson Women’s Waites is a pair of composite toe safety boots that is ASTM F2413-11 M 1/75 C/75 Mt/75 EH compliant.
For the woman who loves to hike, this pair from Merrell is the top choice. The Merrell® Work Moab 2 boasts all the durability, comfort, aesthetics, and performance that a good safety hiking shoe should be.
- Hailing from the Merrell Work Collection, the Merrell® Work Moab 2 is a versatile boot that boasts durability with its full-grain leather and textile uppers.
- The boots are also engineered to provide deep and heavy traction against all surfaces with their oil, and slip-resistant, Mark II tested rubber outsoles.
- These composite toe safety boots are designed to provide unbeatable comfort, shock-absorption, and stability with their air-cushioned insoles.
- The pair is also security and airport-friendly as they feature molded nylon arch shanks along with non-metallic lace up hardware.
- The Merrell® Work Moab 2 is designed to provide safety as the pair meets ASTM F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH safety standards.
Finishing off the list is another pair of Ariat composite toe boots. The Ariat Women’s Casual Work is a mid-type safety boot that features a classic, easy-to-match oiled leather look. Combining comfort and durability, these composite toe work boots are guaranteed to get you through a hard day at work with ease.
- The Ariat Women’s Casual Work is an absolute timeless pair as it is constructed with oiled, full-grain leather uppers.
- These safety shoes are also equipped to provide heavy traction and excellent grip as they are engineered with sturdy rubber soles.
- The pair also promotes all-day comfort with its cushioned EVA midsoles, lightly padded collars and breathable mesh linings.
- Airport and security-friendly, these composite toe work boots are designed to be 100% non-metallic.
Comparison Table: The Top Men’s Composite Toe Boots
|1||Timberland Men's White Ledge - Ankle Boot||Timberland||98|
|2||Carhartt Men's 6 - Composite Toe Boots||Carhartt||97|
|3||Skechers Men's Relment Pelmo Chukka - Waterproof Boot||Skechers||97|
|4||Wolverine Men's - Waterproof Work Boot||Wolverine||96|
|5||Ariat Men's Rebar Western - Composite Toe Work Boot||Ariat||94|
|6||Under Armour Men's Stellar Tac Protect - Military And Tactical Boot||Under Armour||94|
|7||Magnum Men's Precision Ultra Lite II - Composite Toe Boots||Magnum||94|
|8||Ariat Men's Catalyst - Composite Toe Work Boot||Ariat||93|
Comparison Table: The Best Women’s Composite Toe Boots
|1||ARIAT Women's Tracey - Composite Toe Work Boot||ARIAT||98|
|2||Carhartt Women's Rugged Flex - Composite Toe Work Boot||Carhartt||97|
|3||ARIAT Women's Macey - Composite Toe Work Boot||ARIAT||97|
|4||Timberland Women's - Industrial Boot||Timberland||96|
|5||Harley-Davidson Women's Waites CT - Industrial Shoe||Harley-Davidson||95|
|6||Merrell Women's MOAB 2 - Waterproof Work Boot||Merrell||94|
|7||ARIAT Women's Casual Mid Lace - Composite Toe Work Boot||ARIAT||93|
Which Pair Of Composite Toe Boots Is For You?
Whether it’s for a whole day of tough work or an occasional hike, your feet deserve a reliable pair of composite toe boots.
Comfortable and durable, these boots provide just enough protection as their steel toe counterpart minus the added weight.
With our list of today’s top-performing pairs, which ones do you think are the best composite toe work boots for your needs?
Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from links on this page.