Workboots Review is reader supported. We may earn money when you click on links in our articles. This comes at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
A soldier is never fully battlefield-ready without a trusted pair of durable, comfortable, and uniform-compliant army boots.
Whether it’s for a mission under the hottest desert weather or trekking the toughest terrains, the perfect pair of army combat boots is crucial in getting the job done just right.
Advantages of Wearing Army Boots
The military poses certain requirements when it comes to their uniform standards.
For the soldiers in the army, wearing army-compliant boots is beyond just meeting proper uniform aesthetics.
Wearing the right pair of army combat boots comes with the following advantages:
- Minimizes foot fatigue, allowing your feet to feel comfortable even on extended hours of wearing
- Encourages natural gait, allowing for activation of all the leg muscles
- Enhances foot strength and keeps the feet from feeling strained
- Ensures the safety of the feet, even under the toughest work conditions
- Keeps moisture at bay, ensuring that your feet stay dry all-day
Features of Army Boots
Army boots have a quite extensive history, but the first modern combat boots used by the US Army was first introduced during World War II.
Since then, these boots were continuously modified and developed to meet the rugged demands of the battlefield.
A great pair of authorized army boots possess the following features:
- Lightweight, making them fit for agility, speed, and tactical purposes
- Energy-savvy, ensuring that the feet don’t get strained and fatigued throughout the day
- Durable and sturdy, which both ensure the safety of the feet even under the toughest field conditions
- Waterproof or water-resistant that guarantees to keep the feet dry and comfortable under wet conditions
- Heat and oil-resistant, making the pair fit for use on varying terrains and environments
Reviews: The Top Army Boots for Men
For the soldier who spends most of his day on his feet, finding the perfect pair of army boots is crucial.
And while it may seem like a big task, we’re here to make things easier for you. Below are eight of the top army boots for men.
Under Armour is a brand known for its high-performing and functional apparel. And while the brand started out with sportswear, it wasn’t too long until the company released its line of tactical boots. Among these boots is the Men’s Jungle Rat Tactical.
- The Jungle Rat Tactical Boots are constructed with a mix of high-quality leather and 900D nylon textile that provide both durability and breathability.
- The outsoles boast low-profile, lugged rubber that guarantees heavy traction and slip-resistance.
- The insoles feature full-length Ortholite footbeds that keep bacteria and odors from building up while keeping the feet comfortable.
- These boots are engineered with the brand’s signature UA Storm Technology, giving the pair its waterproof yet lightweight and breathable feature.
- The Jungle Rat Tactical also features a quick-dry minimalist design along with side drainage vents that will keep the feet dry all day,
Known for its exquisite eyewear, Oakley is also a brand that manufactures some of the best-performing army tactical boots in the market. Among the brand’s best-sellers is the Oakley Men’s Light Assault Boot 2.
- The Oakley Men’s Light Assault Boot 2 is constructed with Cordura nylon, giving the pair its lightweight yet durable feature.
- The boots feature EVA midsoles and outsoles that naturally move with the feet, providing great shock absorption and traction.
- The pair also features the brand’s signature lace-lock system that guarantees to keep the laces secured all day.
- The Oakley Men’s Light Assault Boot 2 is AR770-1 Com-pliant, making it suitable for use with the standard army uniform.
- The boots weigh 14 oz (based on a size 9), making them perfect for speed and agility purposes.
Smith & Wesson delivers some of the most durable and reliable tactical footwear in the market. Among the brand’s best-performing pairs is the Breach 2.0 Tactical.
- The Breach 2.0 Tactical is constructed using a combination of high-quality leather and nylon, providing durability and breathability.
- The outsoles are crafted with sturdy rubber that is non-marking and slip-resistant.
- The boots feature EVA midsoles that provide lightweight comfort and cradled support.
- The pair boasts the brand’s patented HydroGuard® construction, making it extremely waterproof.
- The Breach 2.0 Tactical is also designed with side zippers that allow for easy on and off.
Garmont is an Italian brand that has been manufacturing durable footwear since 1964. Committed to providing footwear built for the outdoors, the brand is also popular for its tactical line. The Garmont Men’s T8 Bifida is a pair crafted with quality and comfort.
- The T8 Bifida boasts a mix of suede leather and 600D nylon for the uppers, giving it both durability and breathability.
- The outsoles are constructed with rubber that is durable, providing heavy traction and grip even on the most slippery surfaces.
- The insoles consist of polyurethane footbeds along with EVA midsoles that both speak comfort and stability.
- The boots are also crafted with quick-drying uppers that are suitable for use under amphibious and other extremely wet conditions.
- The T8 Bifida features nylon webbing and metallic eyelets that both account for security and toughness.
Another on the list of our best army boots is a pair from Garmont. The T8 NFS Lightweight Tactical Military Work Boot is a pair that can withstand even the toughest demands of the battlefield.
- The T8 NFS Lightweight Tactical Military Work Boot is crafted with a mix of suede leather and 600d nylon that both speak lightweight durability.
- The boots feature durable rubber outsoles with trapezoidal lugs that provide excellent 360° traction on varying surfaces.
- The insoles boast polyurethane footbeds that provide extreme all-day comfort.
- The pair also features quick-drying upper materials that acquire breathability and water resistance.
- The Garmont T8 NFS Lightweight is designed with lace-up closures that provide a more secure fit.
Danner is a brand committed to manufacturing boots that go the extra mile, and the brand is not new when it comes to engineering army approved boots. One of the brand’s top-performing pairs is the Tachyon 8” Coyote Military and Tactical Boot.
- The Tachyon 8” Coyote is constructed with a mix of leather and nylon, giving the boot ventilation without sacrificing durability.
- The outsoles are made of sturdy rubber that provides great grip and traction even on slippery surfaces.
- The pair features removable cushioned insoles along with nylon shanks that both account for comfort and stability.
- The boot uppers are made of nylon that has quick-dry features, ensuring that the feet stay dry all day.
- The Tachyon 8” Coyote also boasts speed lacing features along with a three-layer comfort system that works well together in creating a snug, comfortable, and secure fit.
Making it to the list is another pair from Under Armour. The Under Armour Men’s FNP Tactical Military and Tactical Boot is a pair that boasts a clean, sleek, durable, and functional design.
- The Men’s FNP Tactical is crafted with a combination of suede leather and 1000D textile uppers that give the boots their breathable and durable feature.
- The outsoles are engineered with sturdy rubber, providing great traction against all surfaces.
- The insoles feature molded malleolus pads that are engineered to increase comfort and cushioned support.
- The midsoles feature dual-density polyurethane that provides comfortable support without added weight.
- The Men’s FNO Tactical exclusively features medial drainage ports for quick water drainage, ensuring that the feet stay dry all day.
Completing the list is one last pair from boot-giant Danner. Combining durability and support, the Danner Men’s Lookout is a pair that boasts unmatched comfort and performance in the field.
- The Danner Men’s Lookout is crafted with polishable, full-grain leather and ripstop ballistic nylon uppers that give the boots both durability and breathability.
- The outsoles of the boots are engineered with high-quality rubber, giving excellent traction and grip on varying surfaces.
- The insoles feature the brand’s signature Danner Dry liners that pull the moisture away, keeping the feet feeling dry and comfortable.
- The boots also feature a semi-locking side-zip that gives the pair a fast, easy, and secure fit.
- The Danner Men’s Lookout boats an anatomical design along with a wider toe box for that extra responsive fit.
Reviews: The Best Women’s Army Boots
The right pair of army boots is just as important for the ladies on the battlefield. Essentially, the perfect pair can go mile after mile without causing strain or fatigue on the feet.
Below is our list of the best women’s army boots.
Under Armour is a brand known for its line of tactical boots. For the female soldier, the Under Armour Women’s Stellar is a pair that boasts style, functionality, durability – all without compromising comfort.
- The Under Armour Women’s Stellar Military and Tactical Boot is crafted with a combination of leather and 900D nylon for the uppers, allowing for the pair to be durable yet breathable.
- The outsoles are engineered with high-quality, sturdy rubber that gives the boots excellent grip and traction even on slippery terrains.
- The midsoles are designed with molded EVA along with reinforced TPU for the shanks, providing both full protection and support.
- The boots boast the brand’s signature UA Storm Technology that keeps water and other liquid from entering the insides, without sacrificing proper ventilation.
- The Under Armour Women’s Stellar weighs at roughly 13.9 oz, making the pair lightweight and fit for tactical and agility purposes.
Another pair for the women on the list is from Under Armour. The Women’s Stryker is a pair of military-grade tactical boots that is abrasion-resistant, making it fit and safe for use under varying and random extremities.
- The Under Armour Women’s Stryker feature high-abrasion textile uppers along with a cast polyurethane structure that both provide unrivaled durability and protection.
- The outsoles are made of lugged Michelin® rubber for excellent grip and traction.
- The insoles are engineered with the brand’s patented Charged Cushioning® that provide superior and responsive comfort.
- The pair also boasts external thermoplastic urethane heel counters that provide structure, support, and interior comfort.
- The Under Armour Women’s Stryker is engineered to be abrasion-resistant and designed with recessed lace guards that keep the laces secured and in place all throughout the day.
The Under Armour Women’s Valsetz Rts Military and Tactical Boot is a pair that is engineered to withstand varying terrain and battlefield conditions. Durable, breathable, and lightweight, these boots are guaranteed to keep the feet snug and comfortable all day.
- The Under Armour Women’s Valsetz Rts is crafted with a mix of synthetic leather and textile that are resistant to abrasion.
- The outsoles are made of sturdy rubber that provides excellent grip and traction, even on the most slippery surfaces.
- The insoles boast full-length Under Armour Micro G foams that encourage comfort, along with Ortholite sock liners that prevent the development of odor-causing microbes.
- The shanks are made of lightweight thermoplastic urethane that provides optimal support without the added weight.
- The Under Armour Women’s Valsetz Rts also feature thermoplastic urethane toe caps that add extra protection, making the pair fit for tough environments.
5.11 is a brand popular for its wide selection of tactical and military boots. It is popular as the go-to choice of most public safety personnel. The brand’s 5.11 Women’s ATAC 2.0 is a pair of black army boots that boast functionality, durability, and comfort.
- The 5.11 Women’s ATAC 2.0 8” features a mix of full-grain leather and 840D nylon uppers that provide durability without compromising breathability.
- The outsoles are made of sturdy rubber that is slip and oil-resistant, providing great traction even on slippery surfaces.
- The insoles are engineered with full-length, dual durometer Ortholite footbeds that work well in keeping the feet cool, dry, and comfortable.
- The boots also boast Strobel construction, making them fit for long hours of patrol, missions, and other intense activities on the field.
- The 5.11 Women’s ATAC 2.0 8” is designed with a knife pocket, along with side-zip closures, making the pair perfect for tactical purposes.
Comparison Table: Army Boots For Men
|1||Under Armour Men's Jungle Rat Tactical - Tactical Boot||Under Armour||93|
|2||Oakley Men's Light Assault 2 - Army Boot||Oakley||95|
|3||Smith & Wesson Men's Men's Breach 2.0 - Tactical Boot||Smith & Wesson||98|
|4||Garmont Men's T8 Bifida - Military Boot||Garmont||97|
|5||Garmont Men's Garmont T8 NFS - Military Work Boot||Garmont||95|
|6||Danner Men's - Tactical Boot||Danner||97|
|7||Under Armour Men's FNP Tactical - Tactical Military Boot||Under Armour||92|
|8||Danner Men's - Military Tactical Boot||Danner||92|
Comparison Table: Women’s Army Boots
|1||Under Armour Women's Stellar - Tactical Military Boot||Under Armour||97|
|2||Under Armour Women's Stryker - Military Tactical Boot||Under Armour||94|
|3||Under Armour Women's Women's Valsetz Rts - Army Tactical Boot||Under Armour||98|
|4||5.11 Women's ATAC 2.0 - Military Combat Boot||5.11||95|
Which Pair Of Army Boots Is For You?
Without a doubt, the perfect pair of army boots will get you through the long and extended workdays with ease.
Moreover, a good pair of army tactical boots can withstand varying work conditions and terrains, all while ensuring that your feet are safe and secured.
In other words, the right pair will definitely take you to the right places – be it on the field or out in the desert.
And with the wide selection of reliable combat boots, which ones do you think are the best army boots for men or women?