Are you looking for a good pair of 5.11 boots? We’ve reviewed dozens of men’s and women’s 5.11 tactical boots & narrowed them down to the best ones.
Known as one of the top-selling brands when it comes to tactical and outdoor footwear, 5.11 has been a go-to for both tactical professionals and enthusiasts.
It simply is a brand that is built on a foundation of durability, value, and comfort which made its products a cut above the rest.
Finding the perfect pair of 5.11 boots may be a little tricky, but surely, it is worth the investment.
Advantages of Wearing 5.11 Boots
5.11 is a brand established in 2003 that has been manufacturing purpose-built apparel since its inception. The brand is popular for its wide range of boots that are functional, durable, and comfortable to wear.
Wearing 5.11 boots comes with the following advantages:
- Most of them are lightweight, allowing the feet to move freely and comfortably
- Most 5.11 boots are AR670-1 and/pr AFI 36-2903-compliant, fit for military use
- Designed to be energy-savvy which keeps the feet from feeling fatigued
- Durable and sturdy which can withstand varying tactical conditions
- Most of these boots come with side pockets that are fit for tactical purposes
Features of Tactical 5.11 Boots
A good pair of 5.11 boots mostly meets all of the uniform and quality standards set by the military and other tactical industries.
Below are some of the best features of the product line’s boots:
- Crafted with a mix of leather and nylon for the uppers, giving the boots both durability and breathability
- Sturdy rubber or synthetic outsoles that provide excellent traction
- Cushioned insoles that are engineered with Ortholite sock liners for comfort and protection from unwanted odors
- EVA midsoles along with non-metallic shanks for full support and stability
- Optional functional side-pocket for tactical purposes
Reviews: The Top Men’s 5.11 Tactical Boots
Whether you are an active-duty soldier or a police officer, 5.11 has established a wide selection of tactical boots that are fit for daily use. Below are some of the brand’s top-selling and best-performing boots for men.
Rugged, lightweight, and timeless, the 5.11 Tactical Men’s Taclite 6” Suede Coyote Boots are packed with comfort and durability. Engineered with Ortholite sock liners, these boots are guaranteed to walk you through the day with full, unbeatable support.
- The uppers are constructed with a mix of 1200D nylon and suede, making them lightweight yet durable.
- The outsoles boast a synthetic material construction that is sturdy and skid-resistant.
- The boots feature Ortholite sock-liners that wick away moisture and unwanted odors, keeping the feet dry and comfortable all day.
- The shanks are made of composite materials that provide great stability and support.
- The Men’s Taclite boasts sausage laces with zonal lacing technology that ensures the laces remain intact throughout the day.
The Men’s EVO 8” is a pair of boots that deliver speed, stamina, and great traction in varying environments. Boasting a non-metallic construction, these boots provide lightweight comfort and support.
- The Men’s EVO 8” is crafted with a mix of full-grain leather and 1200D nylon, giving the boots a lightweight feature.
- The outsoles are made of synthetic materials that provide great traction on varying surfaces.
- The insoles feature Ortholite sock liners that keep unwanted odors at bay, along with full-length EVA midsoles for full support.
- The boots are oil, and slip-resistant, making them fit even under the most slippery conditions.
- The boots also feature a friend-finder tracking logo and a side-zip closure for easy wearing.
The 5.11 ATAC boots feature a line of footwear that are most commonly worn by public safety personnel. Among the line’s most revolutionary pairs is the Men’s ATAC 2.0 8”.
- The Men’s ATAC 2.0 features a mix of high-quality leather and nylon uppers that provide flexible durability.
- The outsoles boast a shock-mitigation system, along with Strobel construction that ensures rigid support.
- The insoles feature a full-length dual durometer Ortholite footbed along with Achilles heel flex zone that both provide comfort and flexibility.
- The boots are extremely lightweight and feature a SlipStream waterproof technology that keeps the feet dry all day.
- The Men’s ATAC 2.0 also features a hidden knife pocket on the side, making it suitable for tactical operations.
Another on the list is a pair from the brand’s ATAC line. The ATAC 1.0 is the predecessor to the 2.0 model that is crafted to excel in operational environments.
- The Tactical Men’s ATAC 1.0 is constructed with a combination of leather and Cordura nylon, giving the boots a timeless, slick yet lightweight uppers.
- The outsoles are made of synthetic materials that provide great traction.
- The insoles feature an anti-bacterial Drilex lining along with a full-length Ortholite footbed for added comfort and breathability.
- The boots feature a PRO Fit construction that offers a roomy fit along with high interior volume, making them comfortable to wear.
- The Men’s ATAC 1.0 also features a hidden side pocket for tactical purposes.
Another hailing from the ATAC line is the 5.11 ATAC 8 Side Zip. Engineered to meet military and law enforcement standards, this pair offers superior performance, comfort, and flexibility.
- The uppers are crafted with a combination of leather and fabric, giving the boots a classic yet breathable look.
- The outsoles are engineered with high-quality synthetic materials that provide good balance and traction, along with oil-resistant and no-squeak features.
- The insoles are well-cushioned, allowing for comfortable all-day wearing.
- The boots feature a rugged side zip closure that allows for easy on and off.
- The ATAC 8 also boasts a functional covert side pocket for tactical purposes.
- The uppers are constructed with a combination of leather and textile, making the boots durable and breathable at the same time.
- The outsoles feature synthetic materials that provide full traction on all surfaces.
- The insoles speak comfort with their Ortholite and cushioned design, allowing for full comfort and support.
- The boots also boast slip, oil, and abrasion-resistance features, making it fit for varying field and terrain conditions.
- The Fast-Tac is engineered with Agion antimicrobial treatment and SlipStream waterproof lining that both ensure the feet stay dry and clean all throughout the day.
- The Tactical Taclite 8” Coyote features a mix of suede leather and 1200D Cordura nylon for breathable and durable uppers.
- The outsoles are engineered with high-quality synthetic materials that provide great traction and stability even on the most slippery surfaces.
- The insoles feature Ortholite sock liners along with perforated EVA foam ankle paddings and air mesh panels for extreme comfort and breathability.
- The boots boast composite shanks and multi-directional traction lugs that both allow for better balance and stability.
- The Tactical Taclite 8” Coyote also features the brand’s signature friend-finder tracking logo, making it suitable for tactical missions.
The XPRT 2.0 Tactical Desert Boot is a combination of the best features of high-performing hiking and tactical boots. This pair boasts durability and comfort with its ripstop nylon frame that can withstand even the toughest terrains.
- The boots feature a combination of nubuck, suede, HELCOR leather, and ripstop nylon for the uppers, ensuring both durability and breathability.
- The outsoles are constructed with sturdy synthetic materials that are skid and slip-resistant.
- The boots boast full-length BI-FIT insoles along with polyurethane midsoles that provide both comfort and support.
- The pair is also engineered with eVent waterproof technology that keeps the feet dry even under wet conditions.
- The XPRT 2.0 boots also feature ghillie lacing and padded neoprene ankles for added comfort and security.
Reviews: The Best 5.11 Women’s Boots
Women work just as hard as men in the security and operations industry. For this reason, they, too, deserve the best pair of comfortable and durable 5.11 boots out there.
Here are six of the top-performing 5.11 boots for women.
The Women’s ATAC 2.0 8” Storm is a personal favorite of most public safety personnel. Engineered with the brand’s SlipStream™ technology, these boots are waterproof yet breathable.
- The boots are constructed with a combination of leather and nylon for the uppers. Giving it a sturdy look accompanied with extreme breathability.
- The outsoles are engineered with durable synthetic materials that provide good traction and resistance to oil and slipping.
- The insoles feature full-length dual durometer Ortholite footbeds that add up extra all-day comfort.
- The pair designed with Strobel construction and SlipStream technology, ensuring that water doesn’t get in the boots.
- The Women’s ATAC 8” Storm also boasts a shock mitigation system that provides rugged protection that can withstand varying tactical conditions.
Boasting eight inches in height with side-zip closure, the 5.11 Woman’s ATAC 8” is another security personnel favorite. This pair is equipped with a shock mitigation system that provides full protection, no matter where you are.
- The Women’s ATAC 8” boasts full-grain leather uppers that are extremely durable.
- The boots are engineered with sturdy synthetic outsoles that provide enhanced speed and traction on all surfaces.
- The boots are made with cushioned insoles along with non-metallic shanks that provide both comfort and stability.
- The pair is also designed with Ortholite footbed that keeps the feet cool and dry all day.
- The Women’s ATAC 8” comes with extra thick sausage laces that are guaranteed to remain tight and secure, even when you’re on the move.
Another on the list is from the brand’s signature ATAC line. The classic 5.11 Women’s ATAC 6” Side-Zip Boot features comfort and durability while still being lightweight.
- The uppers are crafted with a mix of leather and nylon that allow for durable breathability.
- The outsoles are engineered with sturdy rubber, giving the boots extreme traction and resistance from slipping.
- The insoles feature full-length Ortholite footbeds that keep the feet cool, dry, and comfortable all day.
- The boots also feature a breakthrough Achilles heel flex zone that gives the feet more support and flexibility without the need to sacrifice comfort.
- The Women’s ATAC 6” features the brand’s signature shock-mitigating system that ensures stability and balance.
The 5.11 Women’s ATAC 2.0 8” is the slightly bigger version of the previous ATAC 6”. This pair boasts six-inch shafts that provide just the right protection on varying tactical environments.
- The uppers are constructed with a combination of leather and textile, giving the boots both durability and breathability.
- The outsoles are made of lugged rubber that provides good traction and stability even on the most slippery surfaces.
- The insoles feature full-length Ortholite footbeds along with Achilles cuffs that provide all-day comfort.
- The boots feature a Strobel construction that gives the pair its sturdy, water-resistant feature.
- The Women’s ATAC 8” also features the brand’s signature shock-mitigating system that ensures stability and balance.
Comparison Table: Men’s 5.11 Tactical Boots
|1||5.11 Men's 6-Inch Suede Coyote Work Boots - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|2||5.11 Men's - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|3||5.11 Men's ATAC 2.0 - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|4||5.11 Men's ATAC 1.0 - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|5||5.11 Men's ATAC - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|6||5.11 Men's - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|7||5.11 Men's - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|8||5.11 Men's XPRT 2.0 - Tactical Boot||5.11|
Comparison Table: Women’s 5.11 Tactical Boots
|1||5.11 Women's ATAC 2.0 8 - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|2||5.11 Women's ATAC - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|3||5.11 Women's - Tactical Boot||5.11|
|4||5.11 Women's ATAC 2.0 8 - Tactical Boot||5.11|
Which Pair Of 5.11 Boots Is For You?
Whether you work as an active-duty military service member, a police officer, or a security officer, 5.11 has the right pair for you.
And with the wide selection of 5.11 boots, finding the perfect pair that is fit to meet all of your daily tactical needs should be easy.
Which ones do you think are the best pairs of 5.11 boots for men and women?