Are you looking for a good pair of Air Force boots? If so, we have reviewed several boots service members in the Air Force may use.
Being in the Air Force isn’t only about tactical aerial activities. In fact, only a fraction of its active-duty airmen gets on a plane on a daily basis, while the majority focuses on field-based activities.
Flight support missions, constructing airstrips, guarding missile sites, handling base affairs, and conducting rescue missions are among the many other things that airmen do.
And whether it’s onboard on a flying mission, or out in the field, the right pair of Air Force boots will is crucial to getting the job done.
Advantages of Wearing A Good Pair of Air Force Boots
The very first pairs of US military combat boots were manufactured during the War of 1812. These boots were ankle-high and made with straight lasts which have been reported to be uncomfortable and resulted in blisters. By 1858, the US military improved its design to what they called as “Jeff Davis boots.”
Essentially, wearing a good pair of Air Force boots come with the following advantages:
- Extremely comfortable and suitable to wear even for long, extended hours
- Keeps the feet fully protected and secure
- Enhances foot strength and lessens fatigue by following the natural contour of the feet
- Increases speed and agility, allowing you to move quickly and comfortably
- Encourages a more natural gait for the feet
Features of Air Force Uniform Boots
The military combat boot continued to develop century after century and it wasn’t long until each branch had varying uniform standards. While all the typical military combat boot aimed to keep a servicemember’s feet well-protected and comfortable all day, the branches had different boot requirements.
For the Air Force, their standard boots come with the following features:
- Most are crafted with non-metallic construction, making the boots both security and airport-friendly
- Lightweight, allowing you to move quickly without the added weight
- Waterproof or water-resistant, making them suitable for use under wet conditions
- Abrasion, heat, slip, and oil-resistant, making them fit for use on tough terrains and environments
- AFI 36-2903 compliant, making them suitable for wearing with the standard US Air Force uniform
Reviews: The Top Air Force Boots For Men
Whether your job involves daily flight missions or working on base affairs, wearing the comfortable pair of Air Force boots is crucial. The right pair is an essential part of the uniform that will get you through longer workdays with ease.
With that being said, we have narrowed down some of the most comfortable Air Force boots for men.
A brand known for its wide selection of sports apparel, Reebok is not new when it comes to manufacturing military and tactical footwear. Topping the list is the brand’s very own Reebok Work Men’s Rapid Response, a field-proven pair that boasts unbeatable comfort, durability, and functionality.
- Showing off resilient breathability, the Reebok Work Men’s Rapid Response is crafted with a mix of high-quality leather and ballistic nylon uppers.
- Guaranteed to provide heavy traction and slip-resistance, the boots are engineered with the brand’s iconic mountain trail rubber outsoles.
- Promising all-day comfort, the pair is designed with EVA midsoles along with embedded Shock Eliminator heel cushions and Foot Force F2A footbeds.
- These boots are built to withstand the toughest work conditions as they feature electrical hazard protection, meeting all safety footwear standards.
- Designed for convenience, the Reebok Work Men’s Rapid Response is certified airport-friendly with its non-metallic construction.
Most popular for its exquisite line of eyewear, Oakley also manufactures some of the best-performing sports performance and tactical gears in the market. Among the brand’s best-selling pair is the Oakley Men’s Light Assault Boot 2.
- Built to meet both mobility and durability, the Oakley Men’s Light Assualt Boot 2 is crafted with Cordura nylon and breathable synthetic uppers.
- Guarantees heavy grip and traction on varying terrains, the outsoles of the boots are made of durable and sturdy ethel vinyl acetate (EVA).
- The boots boast comfort and shock absorption as they are engineered with plush full-length footbeds.
- Extremely lightweight and flexible, the boots weigh at roughly 14 ounces.
- The Oakley Men’s Light Assualt Boot 2 promises a snug fit and secured laces all day with its unique Lace Lock System.
Garmont is an Italian brand known for its wide range of durable and comfortable footwear. It was first founded in 1964 and has been manufacturing some of the most reliable military footwear since 2008. One of the brand’s most sought-after pair is the Garmont T8 NFS Lightweight Tactical Military Work Boot.
- The Garmont T8 NFS Lightweight Tactical Military Work Boot is a pair that boasts both breathable comfort and durability with its mix of suede leather and 600D nylon uppers.
- Providing full 360° traction, the outsoles feature Garmont’s signature outsole technology that is engineered with sturdy yet flexible lugged rubber.
- Boasting all-day comfort even on extended hours of wearing, the boots feature EVA footbeds along with GORE-TEX sock liners.
- Suitable for use under extremely wet conditions, the pair is intricately crafted to be waterproof.
- Lightweight, breathable, and AFI 36-2903 compliant, the Garmont T8 NFS Lightweight Tactical Military Work Boot is fit or US Air Force wear with Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP).
Reebok is a sports brand known for its wide range of high-performing footwear and apparel. While the brand is most popular for its casual and athletic sneakers, it also boasts its own line of tactical footwear. One of the brand’s best-selling pairs is the Reebok Air Force boots are the Work Rapid Response RB 8”.
- The Reebok Work Rapid Response RB 8” strikes off both breathability and lightweight comfort with its suede leather and ballistic nylon uppers.
- Providing excellent traction with every move, the pair boasts dual-density mountain trail rubber outsoles.
- The boots also boast unbeatable comfort with their padded tongues and removable F2A polyurethane cushioned footbeds.
- The pair is also certified security and airport-friendly with its 100% nonmetallic construction.
- The Reebok Work Rapid Response RB 8” boasts easy wearing and taking off with its convenient side-zippers with hook-and-loop straps.
Another pair on the list is from the footwear giant Rocky. The Rocky Men’s Rkc050 Military and Tactical Boot is a pair that is built to withstand the toughest conditions.
- The Rocky Men’s Rkc050 Military and Tactical Boots feature lightweight, breathable uppers that are crafted with water-resistant leather and 1000D Cordura nylon.
- The boots boast heavy grip and traction even on the most slippery surfaces, all thanks to their sturdy Vibram outsoles.
- The insoles provide unmatched comfort and cushioning with the brand’s signature Rocky Air-Port footbeds.
- Guaranteed to keep the feet dry and wick moisture away, the pair features Dri-Lex lining along with Aegies microbe shields that ward off bacterial build-up.
- The Rocky Men’s Rkc050 Military and Tactical Boots are built for tough environments as the pair is PTFE-coated for flame-resistance.
A brand founded in 1932, Rocky is most popular for its wide range of outdoor, military, and tactical footwear. One of its top-performing military tactical boots is the Rocky S2V Predator Military Boot. Combining durability and unbeatable comfort, this pair truly is a perfect fit may it be on air or on the field.
- The Rocky S2V Predator Military Boot boasts lightweight, breathable comfort and durability with its leather and 1000D Cordura nylon uppers.
- The boots deliver great traction even on the most slippery surfaces with outsoles that are constructed with high-quality Vibram.
- The pair also boasts all-day cushioned comfort with its Rocky Air-Port footbeds.
- Designed to stay dry even under wet conditions, these boots are made to be splash and water-resistant using S2V Sieve technology.
- Engineered to withstand even the toughest work conditions, the Rocky S2V Predator Military Boots are PTFE-coated for that added flame resistance.
Propper is a brand that has been manufacturing tactical gears and apparel in the last 50 years. With over 120 million garments sold, the brand stays committed to continuously developing and improving its products. Among the brand’s best Air Force boots is the Propper Men’s Series 100 8″ Boot.
- Meeting comfort, breathability and durability, the Propper Men’s Series 100 8” is constructed with a mix of 1000D Cordura nylon and leather uppers.
- Providing heavy traction and slip-resistance, the outsoles are made of sturdy triple-density rubber.
- These boots speak out all-day breathable comfort with their open-cell air mesh foam insoles.
- The pair also encourages even weight distribution and less fatigue with its removable footbeds that follow the contour of the feet.
- The Propper Men’s Series 100 8” also guarantees a quick, all-day snug and secure fit with its easy speed lace system.
An American brand first founded in 1904, Belleville aims to “arm the feet” with its wide selection of tactical and military footwear. The Belleville Tactical Research Men’s TR105 Mini-Mil is a pair that boasts a minimalist design that doesn’t compromise comfort and functionality.
- The Belleville Tactical Research Men’s TR105 Mini-Mil boasts a breathable and lightweight comfort with uppers that are constructed with a combination of cattle hide leather and 1000D Cordura nylon.
- The outsoles provide heavy grip and traction on all surfaces as they are made of 100% durable Vibram rubber.
- The pair also boasts all-day comfort and stability with its single-density molded removable inserts along with 2mm, die-cut shock dispersing midsoles.
- Lightweight and extremely easy on the feet, each boot weighs at roughly 16 ounces.
- The Belleville Tactical Research Men’s TR105 Mini-Mil is designed to keep the feet dry and snug all day with its quick-drying materials that wick moisture and water away.
Capping off our list is a pair from the sportswear manufacturing giant, Nike. While the brand is famous for its high-performing and functional sportswear, Nike also manufactures a wide range of military and tactical footwear. Among the brand’s most sought-after pairs is the Nike SFB Field 8″ Leather Special Tactics Men’s Boots.
- The Nike SFB Field 8″ Leather Special Tactics Men’s Boots combine durability and breathability through their nylon canvas and synthetic leather uppers.
- Promising aggressive traction and multi-surface grip, the boots boast outsoles that are made of rubber.
- The pair also features outstanding comfort with its cushioned foam insoles.
- Lightweight and flexible, the boots are engineered with the brand’s signature Nike Free technology.
- The Nike SFB Field 8″ Leather Special Tactics Men’s Boots is designed to allow your feet to move naturally while staying secured with their shallow flex groves and dual-zone lacing system.
Reviews: The Best Women’s Air Force Boots
For the woman who is on her feet all day, finding the perfect pair of boots is a must. Whether it’s for use on varying work terrains or just the regular field, a comfortable pair will surely do the feet a big favor.
So if you’re looking for new Air Force boots for women, have a look at our select pairs.
Danner is a brand known for its wide range of durable and comfortable tactical boots. And while the brand mostly caters to men, Danner also manufactures select tactical footwear for women. Among the brand’s most popular boots is the Danner Women’s Prowess Military and Tactical Boot.
- The Danner Women’s Prowess Military and Tactical Boot is a pair that offer abrasion-resistance, durability, and breathability with its premium leather uppers with nylon panels.
- The boots also boast high traction and maximum surface grip as they are engineered with lugged Danner Tanicus rubber outsoles.
- The pair also offers outstanding all-day comfort and cushioning with its polyurethane footbeds.
- The boots also deliver great stability while being extremely lightweight, all thanks to their EVA midsoles.
- The Danner Women’s Prowess Military and Tactical Boot are also very easy to wear and take off with its semi-locking side zippers.
The Reebok Work Women’s Hyper Velocity RB821 8″ Ultralight Tactical Boot is a pair that features both functionality and durability, without sacrificing comfort. Engineered to withstand varying work conditions, this pair is among the top-performing women’s Air Force boots.
- The Reebok Work Women’s Hyper Velocity RB821 8″ Ultralight Tactical Boot is extremely breathable yet durable, all thanks to its combined cattle hide leather and ballistic nylon construction.
- The outsoles provide extreme traction and grip on all surfaces as they are made of sturdy and heavy-duty rubber.
- The insoles boast nothing but unbeatable comfort as they are engineered with F2A polyurethane cushion inserts along with nylon mesh lining for added breathability.
- The pair is also guaranteed to be airport and security-friendly due to its 100% non-metallic construction.
- Lightweight, and flexible, the Reebok Work Women’s Hyper Velocity RB821 8″ Ultralight Tactical Boot stays secured and fit all day as it is designed using the brand’s Foot Force® Footbed and RopePro Rope Guard.
Belleville is among the top-selling brands of military and tactical boots. Manufacturing the most durable pairs for over a century, among the brand’s top-performing for the women is the Belleville F390 Women’s Desert Tan Hot Weather Combat Boot.
- Combining both durability and breathability, the Belleville F390 Women’s Desert Tan Hot Weather Combat Boot is constructed with a mix of full-grain cowhide leather and nylon uppers.
- The pair features heavy-duty traction and grip on varying surfaces with its durable and sturdy Vibram Sierra rubber outsoles.
- The boots also offer outstanding comfort with removable polyurethane inserts.
- Engineered for maximum agility, the boots boast the brand’s Vanguard premium sole system.
- Designed to meet military standards, the Belleville F390 Women’s Desert Tan Hot Weather Combat Boot is Berry Amendment-compliant.
Another on the list is a pair from Reebok. The Reebok Women’s 8″ Military Boot, U.S. Made Berry Compliant is a high-performing pair that is fit for varying tactical operations.
- The Reebok Women’s 8″ Military Boot, U.S. Made Berry Compliant offers breathable durability with its well-crafted uppers that are made of a mix of suede leather and Cordura Nylon.
- The boots offer great traction and oil-resistance with outsoles that are engineered with the brand’s Recon rugged polyurethane.
- The insoles provide unbeatable comfort using the brand’s signature Total Cushioning Technology.
- The pair is also guaranteed to be airport and security-friendly due to its 100% non-metallic, lightweight construction.
Comparison Table: Air Force Boots For Men
|1||Reebok Men's Rapid Response RB - Air Force Boot||Reebok||98|
|2||Oakley Men's Light Assault Boot 2 - Assault Boot||Oakley||97|
|3||Garmont Men's T8 NFS - Military Work Boot||Garmont||97|
|4||Reebok Men's Work Rapid Response RB - Air Force Boot||Reebok||95|
|5||Rocky Men's Rkc050 - Tactical Boot||Rocky||95|
|6||Rocky Men's 8 - Military Boot||Rocky||94|
|7||Propper Men's - Air Force Boot||Propper||92|
|8||Belleville Men's Tactical Research TR105 - Minimalist Combat Boot||Belleville||92|
|9||Nike Men's - Tacitcal Boot||Nike||92|
Comparison Table: Women’s Air Force Boots
|1||Danner Women's Prowess - Tactical Boot||Danner||98|
|2||Reebok Women's Hyper Velocity - Tactical Boot||Reebok||96|
|3||Belleville Women's F390 - Combat Boot||Belleville||95|
|4||Reebok Women's 8 - Military Boot||Reebok||94|
Which Pair Of Air Force Boots Is For You?
Whether it’s for an aerial mission or for extended hours of fieldwork, the perfect-fitting Air Force boots will surely get your feet through the day with ease.
Additionally, the perfect pair can withstand the varying terrains, all while keeping your feet comfortable, safe, and secured.
After having a closer look at our top Air Force boots for both men and women, which one do you think is the perfect fit for you?
Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from links on this page.