Tactical Boots and Combat Boots are working boots used by those working in the Public Safety and Security fields. Security Guards, the Police, Marines, Navy Seals along with many other law enforcement officers all make use of tactical and combat boots for their occupations.
Whether it is for training, marching, swimming, parachuting or just running and patrolling those in the law enforcement and public security industry all rely on their feet to get them where they need to be.
Comparison Table for the Best Tactical Boots
|1||Original S.W.A.T. Men's Metro Air 9-Inch - Side-Zip Tactical Boot||Original S.W.A.T.||95|
|2||Under Armour Men's Valsetz - Tactical Boot for Hot Weather||Under Armour||96|
|3||Bates Men's GX-8 8 Inch Ultra-Lites - Best Waterproof Tactical Boot||Bates||97|
|4||Danner Men's Acadia 8-Inch - Tactical Boot for Narrow Feet||Danner||95|
|5||Thorogood Men's Trooper 8-Inch - Tactical Work Boot||Thorogood||96|
|6||Maelstrom Men's TAC FORCE 8 Inch - Affordable & Cheap Tactical Boots||Maelstrom||92|
|7||A.T.A.C Men's Shield - Safety Certified Steel Toe Tactical Boot||A.T.A.C||96|
|8||Rocky Men's Alpha Force - 8 Inch Steel Toe Tactical Boot||Rocky||95|
|9||Bates Men's Safety Enforcer - 8 Inch Steel Toe Tactical Boot||Bates||96|
|10||Belleville Men's Khyber - Steel Toe Waterproof Tactical Boots||Belleville||97|
What exactly is a Tactical or Combat Boot
A tactical or combat boot is a military boot designed to be worn specifically by soldiers and law enforcement officers in training and combat. A combat boot is designed to provide a balanced combination of grip, ankle stability, flexibility, support, durability and foot protection. Tactical boots are usually waterproof, and they are all made for a hard wear in rugged environments.
Tactical Boots Today
Today many technologies that originate in civilian work boots and hiking boots, such as the Gore-Tex nylon side panels are also being used in tactical boots to improve their comfort and ventilation. Tactical boots are specialized for certain weather climates and conditions as well as for specific uses. Boots for weather and environmental conditions are jungle boots, desert boots, and cold weather boots. Boots for specific uses are such for example, tanker boots and jumping boots.
Tactical and Combat boots are not only used by people in law enforcement and public security today but also by many civilians as a work shoe or casual shoe. The Tactical and Combat Boot style have become quite a fashion statement that is worn by many people.
The Importance of a Good Pair of Tactical Boots
A proper pair of tactical boots that fit well, provide support, durability and flexibility are a necessity to allow you to train and work without the distraction of sore and tired feet or the chance suffering an injury.
A sub-standard pair of tactical boots can be a liability and restrict your performance significantly. In the Security and Law Enforcement field, one mistake can be the difference between life and death.
Choosing the Best Pair of Tactical Boots
When choosing the best pair of tactical boots or combat boots, two factors will influence your choice: the environment that they are going to be used in and the actions your are going to be performing in them. Take into consideration the weather, if it is cold, you will need more insulation, for the hotter weather you will need a breathable and climate controlling boot. Most tactical boots are waterproof but if you are going to be in a wet environment mostly it is wise to select a boot with the highest waterproofing characteristics.
Your foot type and the level of comfort that you require are also important factors, make sure that the boot offers the right amount of cushioning and support as well as stability. Tactical boots almost all provide excellent ankle support and flexibility that are two vital features in the law enforcement and public security industry. Keep in mind that you are going to be very active so you will need a breathable boot that reduces sweat.
Durability is also critical because of the activities that you are going to be performing and the terrain and environmental elements that the boot will have to endure. A good sole providing excellent grip and traction capabilities will help with running and climbing on uneven and slippery surfaces Lastly the protective capabilities of the boot should also be considered, such as a steel or composite toe, a reinforced shaft and other characteristics required by your profession.
The Types of Tactical Boots to Choose from
There are different types of Tactical boots available each for a different purpose or work environment;
The Standard issue tactical boot is your basic army boot made of hardened black leather for tough terrain that provides ankle stability and is normally waterproof. This type of boot is universal and can be used as a normal work shoe or even a hiking boot.
Jump Boots or Paratrooper Boots are a standard safety equipment for parachute units. Jump boots are reinforced at the ankles and have tall shanks up to the calf to protect the legs and heels as well as rubber soles and toe caps for additional protection. They are also used outdoors for various jumps on uneven terrain.
Tanker boots are developed specially to cater for the needs of a tanker crew. Tanker Boots do not have laces but rather leather tanker boots are developed specially to cater for the needs of a tanker crew. Tanker Boots do not have laces, but rather leather straps, and they are also heat resistant and have steel toe guards plastic or steel guards for the heels and shanks as well as protective metal inserts.
Jungle Boots are designed to be lightweight and breathable as well as quick-drying to keep your feet dry in the wet and humid jungle environment.
Desert Boots are usually made from suede and nylon to quickly get rid of excess heat and keep your feet cool. Desert boots also feature protective steel inserts and drainage vents to stop sand from getting in.
Cold Climate Tactical Boots
Tactical Boots that are manufactured for cold climates are insulated and usually, feature Gore-tex technology waterproofing to keep your feet warm and dry in even the lowest of temperatures and snow.
Why Choose Tactical Boot
Tactical boots provide excellent ankle stability and support and are particularly advantageous if you are recovering from an ankle injury or are prone to injuries.
Tactical Boots also provide you with extra stability and support if you have an occupation where you carry heavy loads or if you work outdoors or in uneven and challenging terrain. Tactical boots are lightweight and durable and can protect your feet and ankles as well as allow you to move fast and easily.
Benefits of a Steel Toe in a Tactical Boot
A steel Toe in a work boot has the main purpose of protecting your forefeet and toes against the impact of falling objects, compression and also from cutting hazards such as sharp moving parts in machinery. A steel toe work boot or Safety Boot almost always comes with a protective steel plate in the sole or a thick rubber sole to protect your feet against punctures.Another less popular function of the Stee Toe boot is its capability of being used as a self-defence mechanism; a Steel Toe Boot can render a very nasty and powerful kick.
Features of a Steel Toe Tactical Boot
- The uppers of the boot need to be manufactured from tough and durable Full-grain, Nubuck, Split-Grain or Synthetic Leather
- Mesh Inserts or other lightweight and breathable materials are also used in the uppers.
- The midsole can be made from either EVA or Polyurethane for shock absorbency and protection against punctures.
- The outsole needs to be slip resistant, oil resistant, durable and lightweight as well as resistant to other industrial substances. Vibram outsoles are a good choice in work boots and Tactical Boots.
- Comfort features such as a cushioned insole or lining for added support is also desired in a good Tactical Work Boot.
- Lastly an ASTM-rated Steel toe will provide you with the needed protection against falling objects, cutting hazards and compression.
- A steel plate or protective outsole that provides protection against punctures is also a vital feature of any good tactical work boot.
Best Tactical Boots for 2017 Reviews
Here are some of the top rated tactical boots that are well known for their comfort and durability as well as their excellent performance on the field today;
- The uppers are constructed out of leather and Denier nylon with a polishable leather toe.
- The upper is double stitched with a three-ply bonded nylon thread for extended durability.
- The outsole is low profile and slip-resistant with waffle traction and ladder grip control for better footing on various surfaces.
- An air cushion midsole for cushioned support and comfort.
- The synthetic liner helps to wick away moisture.
- Nylon shanks for better support and comfort.
- The zipper is an added function for easy on and off when you are in a hurry.
- Manufactured from lightweight and breathable mesh material with a textured high-abrasion rubber toe rand.
- A breathable water resistant lining.
- A comfortable and contoured EVA midsole that conforms to your foot and provides cushioning in all the right places.
- The Ortholite sock liner adds even more cushioning and reduces heel slippage.
- The rubber sole offer on and off road traction.
- Available in a White and Desert Storm Color; the black color is one of the best police boots.
- Constructed with full grain ballistic nylon and waterproof leather.
- A fully cushioned removable insole for support and comfort.
- An Ultra-Lite outsole that is slip resistant and provides excellent traction on many surfaces.
- The easy zip function enables you to take your boots off and put them on quickly.
- Size up as this boot is a very snug fit.
- Constructed from durable, breathable and waterproof Leather and Cordura.
- A sturdy Vibram soles for excellent grip on any surface.
- Danner’s famous stitch down construction offers support and durability.
- This shoe offers a slender profile and a more narrow fit ensuring a snug fit for activities that demand support.
- Available in an “EE” size if you need a wider fit.
- An 8-inch boot manufactured from black oil tanned leather
- Heavy duty YKK side zipper with Velcro closure for easy on and off.
- A Dri-Lex Areo Spacer lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- A double density polyurethane removable insole for comfort and support.
- The EVA midsole offers FlexShock shock absorbency and superior cushioning.
- A composite shank for added support.
- Goodyear Welt construction for exceptional durability.
- Also features a non-marking, slip-resistant dual density rubber lug outsole.
- An added high shine leather toe cap and heel counter for abrasion resistance.
- This Military Boot is lightweight, comfortable and durable boot with safety and convenience features:
- Uppers: Dri-Lex breathable waterproof guaranteed membrane is used to construct the boot.
- Outsole: Slip and oil-resistant rubber with the composite shank offer excellent stability and support on any surface.
- Midsole: Molded and shock-absorbing.
- A Lightweight boot with full bootie construction.
- Zipper: Fast on-and-off heavy-duty side zipper (YKK).
- A clean and professional appearance.
- Rugged and durable uppers with breathable mesh and a CSA/ASTM certified steel safety toe.
- The puncture resistant midsole offers you reliable protection and stability.
- A waterproof breathable lining that is also blood borne pathogen resistant.
- An electrical resistant, oil and slip resistant outsole that will enhance speed and traction and well as provide maximum protection.
- Leather and textile uppers for breathability with waterproof construction to keep your feet dry and protected.
- A side zipper for fast and easy on and off.
- A cushioned black Air-Port footbed for comfort and support.
- An oil and slip resistant, non-marking RigiTrac molded EVA rubber outsole for superior grip and traction.
- ASTM certified protective Steel toe and electrical hazard protection.
- Leather and Nylon uppers with a padded collar and mesh lining for breathable comfort.
- A molded midsole with a full cushioned removable EVA footbed, featuring shock absorbing pads and metallic stealth components for superior shock absorbency and support.
- An oil and slip resistant Ultra-Lite rubber outsole.
- An Astm Certified Steel Toe for superior protection.
- Tough and durable Cement construction.
- Lightweight and breathable full grain leather and synthetic nylon fabric uppers.
- The Gore-Tex lining makes the boot waterproof as well as petroleum, oil, and lubricant resistant.
- The ASTM Certified Steel Toe and Electrical Hazard rated safety protection will keep you safe in almost any environment.
- The side zipper ensures easy and fast on and off.
- The 8-inch shaft adheres to the standard military height.
- A durable and slip and oil resistant Vibram outsole for excellent grip and traction on multiple floor surfaces.
- A comfortable and durable footbed.
Soldiers and law enforcement officers face innumerable obstacles and dangerous tasks every day. Therefore they need a pair of tactical boots that can keep up with the pace, withstand the elements and still remain comfortable enough after heavy activity.
You also do not need to be a SWAT member in order to enjoy the many great benefits of a pair of tactical work boots, anyone who requires a boot that is reliable, versatile, flexible and tough will benefit from a good pair of tactical boots.
Modern tactical boots are designed to provide you with a combination of grip, ankle stability and foot protection that is suitable for harsh and rugged environments.
Today many Tactical boots also incorporate technologies used in civilian hiking boots such as Gore-tex linings to improve ventilation and comfort.
A steel toe tactical boot will also provide you with the added protection against falling objects and compression while remaining lightweight and flexible enough for easy movement.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table for the Best Tactical Boots
- What exactly is a Tactical or Combat Boot
- The Importance of a Good Pair of Tactical Boots
- Choosing the Best Pair of Tactical Boots
- The Types of Tactical Boots to Choose from
- Why Choose Tactical Boot
- Benefits of a Steel Toe in a Tactical Boot
- Features of a Steel Toe Tactical Boot
- Best Tactical Boots for 2017 Reviews
- Original S.W.A.T. Men's Metro Air 9-Inch Side-Zip Tactical Boot
- Under Armour Men's Valsetz Tactical Boot for Hot Weather
- Bates Men's GX-8 8 Inch Ultra-Lites Best Waterproof Tactical Boot
- Danner Men's Acadia 8-Inch Tactical Boot for Narrow Feet
- Thorogood Men's Trooper 8-Inch Tactical Work Boot
- Maelstrom Men's TAC FORCE 8 Inch Affordable & Cheap Tactical Boots
- A.T.A.C Men's Shield Safety Certified Steel Toe Tactical Boot
- Rocky Men's Alpha Force 8 Inch Steel Toe Tactical Boot
- Bates Men's Safety Enforcer 8 Inch Steel Toe Tactical Boot
- Belleville Men's Khyber Steel Toe Waterproof Tactical Boots