Tactical and Combat Boots are working boots used by those working in the Public Safety: such as Security Guards, the Police, Marines, Navy Seals along with many other Law Enforcement officers.
A law-enforcement officer has a very daunting and dangerous task to protect the public and enforce state laws.
Military soldiers spend most of his day on his feet walking, hiking and running and need suitable and durable shoes in order to fulfill his work safely and successfully.
Law Enforcement Requirement for Correct Type of Shoe
The correct pair of footwear is just as important to a law enforcement officer as a running shoe to an athlete.
Because a police officer or a Soldier is on his feet most of the time they must have good supportive footwear.
Soldiers are running, climbing and jumping over obstacles need protective and comfortable boots in order to accomplish their daily tasks safely.
A law enforcement officer cannot afford to be drawn back by an ill-fitting inappropriate shoe.
Anatomy of a Good Tactical and Police Boots
- Height of the shoe will determine the amount of ankle support and mobility that you will have. A mid cut is for mild running and walking, and the high top is for all-purpose terrain hiking and running.
- Ayelets will determine the boots durability and are found in three types; loop, hook and speed laces which come in metal or plastic.
- Outsoles are imperative, make sure that you invest in a shoe with a durable sole so that you do not need to replace the shoe every three months or so.
- Arch support is paramount if you are going to be on your feet all day, so features such as padded heels and comfort inserts are also quite important.
- Toe Support can also come in handy, a steel shank can protect your toes from heavy falling objects.
- Traction: some special attributes such as non-slip, abrasion resistance and hazard safety are also attributed worth looking at.
- Flame Resistance shoes are becoming much more popular amongst police officers because they do deal items and situations where there is fire involved.
- Water Resistance This is another good attribute because there is nothing worse than wet feet and a decrease in traction on slippery surfaces.
Reviews: The Top Rated Tactical Boots
Here are some of the top choices in tactical tactical shoes that have excellent protection and comfort features;
- A moisture-wicking lining to keep your feet dry and fresh all day.
- A full grain leather toe with high shine polish for added protection and durability.
- The nylon uppers are resilient and breathable.
- A curved side zip allows for faster on and off.
- A shock absorbing system that maximizes compression and rebound.
- The slip and oil resistant outsole offers exceptional traction on any terrain.
- A one year manufacturer’s warranty for confidence in the durability of this shoe.
- A synthetic leather and textile upper 100% non-metallic and airport-safe.
- F2A polyurethane inserts to cushion all your landing and shock eliminator heel cushion give you more explosive takeoffs.
- The TPU shank is lightweight and offers excellent support and protection.
- The low profile rubber lug sole ensures superb grip and traction.
- The Composite toe cap will protect your toes from falling objects and compression.
- Available in four neutral colors.
- Available in Black or Coyote Brown breathable uppers with a leather toe for a sturdy polished appearance.
- An injection molded Phylon midsole and cushioned insole for comfort, support, and shock absorption.
- A non-metallic shank for improved stability and protection.
- The shock mitigation system reduces stress and impact on the feet.
- An oil and slip resistant outsole for enhanced traction and grip on slippery surfaces.
- The moisture-wicking lining will keep your feet cool and dry even with prolonged wear.
- Ultra Fast Drying, Lightweight synthetic uppers.
- A speed-lacing system for easy on and off.
- Completely waterproof in even the wettest of conditions.
- A waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex liner.
- The Secure fit open-cell polyurethane footbed allows for better airflow and has a comfortable EVA midsole that absorbs shock.
- A protective and stability enhancing nylon shank.
- The outsole is slip resistant and rubber with pentagonal lugs for better grip and traction.
- A durable and polishable leather toe for added protection and an enhanced appearance.
- Canvas uppers that are quick drying and breathable.
- The side zip entry allows for fast and easy on and off.
- A waterproof and bloodborne pathogen proof membrane.
- The Vibram Ibex outsole is meant for rugged terrain.
- A breathable combat lunar lining with a TR-Q load bearing orthotic insole that is both durable and comfortable.
- The deeply serrated Hell Kicker and Heel and Toe Overlays are designed to aid when braking and arresting slides and also extends the lifespan of the boot.
- The uppers are constructed out of leather and Denier nylon with a polishable leather toe.
- The upper is double stitched with a three-ply bonded nylon thread for extended durability.
- The outsole is low profile and slip-resistant with waffle traction and ladder grip control for better footing on various surfaces.
- An air cushion midsole for cushioned support and comfort.
- The synthetic liner helps to wick away moisture.
- Nylon shanks for better support and comfort.
- The zipper is an added function for easy on and off when you are in a hurry.
- Constructed of full grain ballistic nylon and waterproof leather.
- A fully cushioned removable insole for support and comfort.
- An Ultra-Lite outsole that is slip resistant and provides excellent traction on many surfaces.
- The easy zip function enables you to take your boots off and put them on quickly.
- Size up as this boot is a very snug fit.
- Constructed from durable, breathable and waterproof Leather and Cordura.
- A sturdy Vibram sole for excellent grip on any surface.
- Danner’s famous stitch down construction offers support and durability.
- This shoe offers a slender profile and a more narrow fit ensuring a snug fit for activities that demand support.
- Available in an “EE” size if you need a wider fit.
- An 8-inch boot manufactured from black oil tanned leather
- Heavy-duty YKK side zipper with Velcro closure for easy on and off.
- A Dri-Lex Aero-Spacer lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- A double density polyurethane removable insole for comfort and support.
- The EVA midsole offers FlexShock shock absorbency and superior cushioning.
- A composite shank for added support.
- Goodyear Welt construction for exceptional durability.
- Also features a non-marking, slip-resistant dual density rubber lug outsole.
- An added high shine leather toe cap and heel counter for abrasion resistance.
- Uppers: Dri-Lex breathable waterproof guaranteed membrane is used to construct the boot.
- Outsole: Slip and oil-resistant rubber with the composite shank offer excellent stability and support on any surface.
- Midsole: Molded and shock-absorbing.
- A Lightweight boot with full bootie construction.
- Zipper: Fast on-and-off heavy-duty side zipper (YKK).
- A clean and professional appearance.
- Rugged and durable uppers with breathable mesh and a CSA/ASTM certified steel safety toe.
- The puncture resistant midsole offers you reliable protection and stability.
- A waterproof breathable lining that is also blood borne pathogen resistant.
- An electrical resistant, oil and slip resistant outsole that will enhance speed and traction and well as provide maximum protection.
- Leather and textile uppers for breathability with waterproof construction to keep your feet dry and protected.
- A side zipper for fast and easy on and off.
- A cushioned black Air-Port footbed for comfort and support.
- An oil and slip resistant, non-marking RigiTrac molded EVA rubber outsole for superior grip and traction.
- ASTM certified protective Steel toe and electrical hazard protection.
- Leather and Nylon uppers with a padded collar and mesh lining for breathable comfort.
- A comfortable fit that provides excellent ankle support.
- A molded midsole with a full cushioned removable EVA footbed, featuring shock absorbing pads and metallic stealth components for superior shock absorbency and support.
- An oil and slip resistant Ultra-Lite rubber outsole.
- An Astm Certified Steel Toe for superior protection.
- Tough and durable Cement construction.
Index Table: Best Tactical Boots
|1||Maelstrom Men's Patrol 6 Inch - Tactical Work Boots||Maelstrom||94|
|2||Reebok Men's RB8894 Stealth - 8-Inch Tactical Side Zipper Boots||Reebok||98|
|3||ATAC Men's 8 Inch - Police Work Boot||ATAC||97|
|4||Danner Men's 8 Inch Tachyon GTX Duty - Police Boot||Danner||95|
|5||Belleville Men's Khyber - Lightweight, Waterproof Police Boot||Belleville||96|
|6||Original S.W.A.T. Men's Metro Air 9-Inch - Side-Zip Law Enforcement Tactical Boot||Original S.W.A.T.||95|
|7||Bates Men's GX-8 8 Inch Ultra-Lites - Hiking Style Tactical Boot||Bates||97|
|8||Danner Men's Acadia 8-Inch - Tactical Boot for Narrow Feet||Danner||95|
|9||Thorogood Men's Trooper 8-Inch - Military Work Boot||Thorogood||96|
|10||Maelstrom Men's TAC FORCE 8 Inch - Affordable Tactical Boots||Maelstrom||92|
|11||A.T.A.C Men's Shield - Safety Certified Steel Toe Tactical Boot||A.T.A.C||96|
|12||Rocky Men's Alpha Force - 8 Inch Steel Toe Tactical Boot||Rocky||95|
|13||Bates Men's Safety Enforcer - 8 Inch Ankle Supportive Tactical Boot||Bates||96|
Benefits of a Steel Toe in a Tactical Boot
A steel Toe in a work boot has the main purpose of protecting your forefeet and toes against the impact of falling objects, compression and also from cutting hazards such as sharp moving parts in machinery.
A steel toe work boot or Safety Boot almost always comes with a protective steel plate in the sole or a thick rubber sole to protect your feet against punctures.
Another less popular function of the Stee Toe boot is its capability of being used as a self-defense mechanism; a Steel Toe Boot can render a very nasty and powerful kick.