A Moc toe work boot is a stunning and elegant design in work boots that closely resembles a Moccasin shoe. The design features a seam running around the top of the shoe.
A Moc toe work boot serves superbly as both an onsite and offsite work boot because of its pleasing appearance.
Work Boot Toe Shapes Explained
When it comes to work boots, you have the choice of a steel, alloy, composite or soft safety toe. Besides this there are likewise different shapes in toes for work boots;
- The plain toe, which is made from a single piece of leather with no adornments, similarly known as a round toe.
- A Cap Toe, which has an extra piece of leather on the toe cap, defined by a stitched line across the upper of the toe box.
- The Moc Toe, which is easily identified by the U-shape stitching on the toe box, which is inspired by the traditional Native American Moccasin shoes.
- The Wingtip boot, which has an extra piece of leather on the toe box, forming a “W” shape.
- A square toe, which is usually found in Western or cowboy style work boots, such as Ariat work boots.
- The Brogue boot, not particularly a work boot, none the less, features decorative pin holes on the toe of the boot.
- A Medallion toe, which features a cluster of decorative holes or lines on the toe box.
- Similarly, you will find a wide square toe work boot or a narrow square or pointed toe, this mostly in your Western style work boots.
Differences Between a Moc Toe and a Cap Toe Work Boot
There are minimal differences in functionality between a Moc toe and other toe types of work boots.
One issue you may face with a Moc toe is the fact that the toe box area could collect water, or dust and other debris because of its design, although this is not that likely.
In general, a Moc toe work boot is more durable and offers better comfort and toe room than most Cap toe work boots.
The design of a Moc toe work boot is such that it is more acceptable to wear both on and off site, with a more classic and elegant appearance.
Some Features of a Moc Toe Workboot
A Moc Toe Workboot, besides having the Moc toe shape, has similar features to any other work boot. Although in most cases A Moc toe work boot is rather for comfort and off-site use than protection on site.
Some protective features will include, waterproofing, electrical hazard safety, a steel or composite toe, and slip resistance.
Comfort features such as a cushioned and supportive footbed, moisture wicking lining and a padded tongue or collar, are likely your best options.
Here are some features that you may find;
- Steel, Alloy, Composite or Soft protective Toe.
- Waterproofing such as Gore-Tex or a waterproof lining.
- Slip and oil resistant outsole.
- A puncture resistant steel or plastic plate.
- Heat resistance.
- Abrasion resistance.
- Electrical Hazard safe.
- Lug outsole for outdoors.
- Spats offer additional Toe protection.
- Protections against chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Protection against extreme heat and molten metals.
- A cushioned and supportive footbed.
- Shock absorbing materials.
- A durable and slip resistant outsole providing shock absorbency.
- Padded tongue and collar.
- Breathable moisture wicking liner.
- Anti-microbial treatment in the footbed to control odor.
- Closure system for a snug fit.
- Comfortable and durable midsole.
- Enough toe room for movement.
- Heating and cooling technology.
- Insulation for extreme cold conditions.
- Breathability features for very hot weather conditions.
- A thick and durable rubber outsole.
- Reinforced toe and heel areas.
- Abrasion-resistant materials.
- Chemical resistant.
- Good year Welt or similar construction.
- Durable leather or synthetic upper materials.
- Good quality lining, lacing, and closure system.
The Best Available Moc Toe Work Boots
Here are some top choices in Moc Toe work boots, with superb features for both comfort and protection;
Thorogood is quality and popular brand in work shoes. The American Heritage has an authentic Moc toe and Wedge sole.
- Tobacco Oil tanned genuine leather uppers available in a variety of color options.
- Features a polyurethane wedge, MAXWear slip resistant outsole.
- Goodyear storm welt construction for long-lasting and tough durability.
- A supportive and protective fiberglass shank.
- A removable shock absorbing footbed on Poron for cushioning and supportive comfort.
From Wolverine we have the Steel toe in a Moc toe style work boot, a protective safety work boot, ideal for on and off-site work.
- A protective steel toe.
- Lightweight and breathable with a fatigue-fighting lining and reinforcements.
- Durable leather uppers with flexible Goodyear Welt construction.
- Fully cushioned comfort footbed.
- A springy and shock absorbing rubber midsole.
- The outsole is well treaded and oil, and slip resistant.
A stunning full grain leather Moc toe work boot, the Danner Bull Run in black has a simple design, with many magnificent features.
- Durable, oiled full grain leather uppers.
- Contrasting stitch Moc Toe.
- Meets ASTM safety standards.
- A durable, non-marking, slip and oil resistant outsole that offers superb traction.
- Fully cushioned Ortholite footbed for lightweight comfort and support
The Red Wing Classic features the exquisite design of a moc Toe work boot with a crepe wedge sole as its foundation. A durable work boot, perfect for off site and in the office.
- Tough genuine leather uppers with Goodyear Welt Construction.
- A leather insole and nickel eyelets.
- The Tred outsole offers excellent slip resistance.
- Cushioned crepe wedge sole for good shock absorbency. Available in plenty of color options to choose from.
The Carhartt Casual with its moc style toe offers superior protection and comfort for a tough day at work.
- Gorgeous brown oil tanned leather uppers with welt construction.
- A Carhartt slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- PU Strobel pad and PU cushioned insoles for support and comfort.
- Storm Defender breathable and waterproof membrane for waterproof protection.
- Features a soft toe and ASTM rated electrical hazard safe technology.
With The Thorogood 1957 Series, you have the full protection of a steel toe work boot, with a Moc toe style.
- Rich full grain Briar Pitstop leather uppers with sturdy Goodyear Storm Welt construction.
- The MaxWear wedge outsole offers outstanding traction.
- An ASTM rated steel toe for protection against compression hazards and falling objects.
- Electrical hazard safe materials.
- An X-Stream waterproof breathable membrane, which is blood-borne pathogen penetration compliant.
- A soft inner lining and a removable memory foam footbed for maximum comfort.
As you can see these are some exquisite classic Moccasin toe style work boots, some with extraordinary safety and comfort features!
Index Table: The Best Moc Toe Work Boots
|1||Thorogood Men's American Heritage - Moc Toe Work Boot with Wedge Sole||Thorogood||97|
|2||Wolverine Men's W008289 - Steel Moc Toe Work Boot||Wolverine||9|
|3||Danner Men's Bull Run - Black Moc Toe Work Boot||Danner||98|
|4||Redwing Men's Classic - Crepe Wedge Sole Moc Toe Work Boot||Redwing||95|
|5||Carhartt Men's Casual - Electrical Hazard Safe Moc Toe Work Boot||Carhartt||96|
|6||Thorogood Men's 1957 Series - Moc Toe Waterproof Full Safety Boot||Thorogood||99|