Are you looking for zero drop boots?
They’re becoming more and more popular as we focus on ways to improve health.
There is a growing amount of people who wear high heeled shoes. Especially those of the tall and narrow footwear fashions. This culture has dominated different countries globally.
By wearing high heeled shoes, people make themselves look taller. What they don’t know is that they are exposing themselves to all kinds of health problems.
When you wear traditional shoes with an elevated heel, you are bound to have poor posture.
The heel is not level with the forefoot. As such, it can cause temporary or permanent body adjustments.
The complete opposite of this is the zero drop boot or zero drop shoes.
So let’s dig into what zero drop boots are, why they’re good for you, and some good options of zero drop boots or the closely related (but not the same) minimalist boots.
Also Read: The Best Minimalist Work Boots
What is Zero Drop Boots?
Zero drop boots refer to footwear where the heel is at the same height to the forefoot and ball of the foot. Coined by Altra shoes, the boots are also sometimes called zero rise boots, zero lift boots, zero differential boots, and 0 drop boots.
They help to correct posture and align your spine. A zero drop boot also aids in alleviating strain to your lower back. It encourages mid foot strike and enables you to walk with a healthier stride.
Functions of a Good Zero Drop Boot
The best zero drop boots have several functions. All these features are available in the best zero drop boots.
Improved Posture and Improved Foot Landing
With some of the best zero drop boots, you get to experience correct posture due to the foot naturally sitting on the ground from forefoot to heel. This will promote a proper posture and overall a healthy body.
Zero rise boots help improve forefoot landing or forward posture. Also, they may cushion the heel for heel strike landing.
They have thin and flexible zero-drop soles. As such, they keep your feet healthy and strong, unlike high heeled shoes.
A Natural Fit and Feel to Them
Zero drop boots are oftentimes made up of flexible lightweight materials and zero drop rubber soles. Some are handcrafted with premium leather, they are also lightweight and classy.
Often they have a form to feel more like a natural fit with a wider toe box allowing for the toes to not be pushed together.
Keeps Your Feet Strong and Healthy
One of the leading causes of calluses and corns is an irritation. This is due to wearing shoes that don’t fit and wearing high heeled shoes.
Rather than buying a better fitting pair of boots or shoes, a majority of people use gel pads inserts to cut down on pressure and rubbing on their feet.
This is a temporary solution.
Zero drop boots help minimize this with the form fit and the naturally flat sole to walk on.
Let’s check out some of the best zero drop boots and the benefits they will give you.
Zero Drop Boots – Men’s
Looking for men’s zero drop boots made of 100% leather and have rubber soles? If so, the ALTRA Men’s Smith Boot Sneaker is a great choice.
- They are made from 100% premium leather for increased elegance.
- They have a foot shape toe box to keep your toes relaxed.
- These boots are fitted with durable EVA outsole for better posture.
- It comes with Bloom foam insole for enhanced comfort.
- A cushioned zero-drop platform for natural foot positioning.
The Xero Shoes Denver zero drop waterproof boots are lightweight and fit like a glove. They are the right shoes for men who want to look good. They (zero drop rain boots) offer the best performance and comfort.
- Heat reflective insole lined with flannel to keep you warm and ultra-cozy.
- Wide toe box to keep your feet relaxed.
- So lightweight that you will forget you are wearing them.
- FeelTrue rubber sole to enable your feet to flex and move with ease.
- Xero Shoe 5,000 mile sole warranty for durability.
Xero Shoes is a company of legends and Feel the World Inc. manufactures these boots. These waterproof zero drop boots are best for athletics, running, and walking.
- Super flexible sole to enable your feet to move.
- Zero drop heel to promote proper posture.
- Low to the ground authentic footwear for agility and balance.
- Waterproof keeping your feet dry when hiking.
- The wide toe box gives your feet room to spread your toes.
The Vivobarefoot Men’s Leather Walking Shoe is very popular. It has become quite popular thanks to its sophisticated style and design. Made from 100% premium leather, it’s lightweight with zero drop heels.
- High-quality, premium leather to enhance your fashion sense.
- They feel almost as if you are barefoot and are flexible from the start.
- Zero drop rubber sole for added grip.
- Perfect for rocky terrains with its off-road lugs.
- Thermal insole keeps you warm and ultra-cozy.
Dr. Martens got its start in 1945 near Munich, Germany. Dr. Martens started after the founder, Dr. Klaus Martens, injured his foot in a skiing accident. To enhance his healing process, he designed a shoe with an air-cushioned sole. This shoe is still selling today.
- 100% premium leather to match your contemporary style.
- Secure lace-up closure system.
- Grippy sole for added balance and slip prevention.
- Waffle sole for enhanced comfort.
- Perfect boots for any casual occasion.
One of the best zero drop tactical boots is the TR105 Combat Boot. These zero drop leather boots are lightweight. They allow you to walk without feeling held back. These are what tactical teams need. The zero drop military boots feature a breathable unlined upper. They have double and triple stitched seams giving them enhanced durability.
- Weigh only 16 ounces.
- The eight-inch boot features a 2 mm zero drop.
- Made of nylon so it’s breathable.
- Eyelets and seam lining giving it air ventilation.
- 100% rubber Vibram sole is oil and slip-resistant.
A true minimalist tactical boot. The Beleville TR102 Tactical Research Minimalist Training Boot has a 5 mm zero drop. These zero rise boots feature breathable unlined leather. They also come with nylon upper to prevent your feet from overheating.
- Leather top overlays act as a protective layer.
- Vibram sole is both oil and slip-resistant.
- Double and triple stitched seams for durability.
- Padded Achilles for enhanced support.
- Made of 1000 denier Cordura nylon.
Want to keep your feet warm, ultra-cozy, and dry in winter? Then, the YIRUIYA Men’s Waterproof Fully Fur Lining Boots are your go-to zero drop boots for men.
- Anti-slip rubber sole with shock absorption performance.
- Water-resistant PU leather upper to keep your feet dry.
- Suitable for outdoor snow weather use.
- Beautiful fur lining to keep your feet warm in cold weather.
- Ideal for all occasions – indoor and outdoor activities.
Zero Drop Boots – Women’s
If you want zero drop boots for women that don’t sacrifice performance and comfort, try these. The Xero Shoes Xcursion – Women’s Waterproof Hiking Boot will not steer you wrong.
- FeelTrue rubber sole for natural movement.
- Zero drop heel for proper posture.
- Waterproof hiking boot to keep your feet dry.
- Xero Shoes 5,000 mile sole warranty for durability.
- Wide toe box to keep your feet relaxed.
Keep your feet warm and dry with UGG Reid zero drop winter boots for women. These have a flexible rubber sole for natural movement. They are 100% suede and are perfect for all occasions.
- 100% suede.
- Perfect with any clothing.
- Flexible molded rubber sole for protection and traction.
- UGG insole lined with leather for added style.
- Shaft measures 4.5 inches from the arch.
- Non-functional suede lace with faux leather braid sidewall.
With a design inspired for natural movement, the Xero Shoes Vienna – Women’s Canvas Ankle Boots are among the best women’s zero drop boots.
- Wide toe box to keep your toes spread out.
- Zero drop 5.5 mm soles allow for balance and proper posture.
- Elastic panels enable you to slip your foot in and out with ease.
- Durable cotton canvas upper Synthetic toe cap for protection.
Are you looking for outdoor performance footwear? Especially one that is a perfect pair of zero drop hiking boots for women? If so, the Columbia Women’s Minx Shorty Ankle Boot may be a great choice for you.
- Waterproof woven suede and textile to keep your feet dry.
- Faux fur collar and tongue lining for enhanced comfort.
- Waterproof breathable seam-sealed membrane bootie construction.
- Reflective coating to keep your feet warm and ultra-cozy.
- Removable contoured PU footbed for natural movement.
Are you looking to keep your feet ultra-cozy in winter? If so, try Xero Shoes Mika – Women’s Lightweight Minimalist Cold-Weather Boot. These are lightweight and comfortable. They allow for natural movement and better posture.
- FeelTrue rubber sole for agility and balance.
- Flannel lining to keep your feet warm.
- A wide toe box allows for toe spread.
- Zero drop heel for coordination and proper posture.
- Aggressive dual chevron tread for enhanced grip.
Some consider these the original minimalist desert boot. The Vivobarefoot Women’s GOBI Classic Desert Boots are lightweight and flexible. They are brown in color and are ready for adventure.
- Zero drop insoles and rubber sole for balance and agility.
- Made of scarred leather from free-roaming cows.
- Flexible and lightweight.
- Sophisticated and stylish to match all your clothing.
- Perfect for all casual occasions.
The Best Men’s Zero Drop Boots
|1||ALTRA Men's Smith - Boot Sneaker||ALTRA||94|
|2||Xero Shoes Men's Denver - Zero Drop Boots||Xero Shoes||95|
|3||Xero Shoes Men's Xcursion - Waterproof Hiking Boot||Xero Shoes||95|
|4||Vivobarefoot Men's Tracker FG M - Leather Walking Boot||Vivobarefoot||96|
|5||Dr. Martens Men's Tobias T1 - 100% Leather Boot||Dr. Martens||98|
|6||Belleville Tactical Research Men's TR105 - Mini-Mil Minimalist Combat Boot||Belleville Tactical Research||97|
|7||Belleville Tactical Research Men's TR102 - Minimalist Training Boot||Belleville Tactical Research||97|
|8||YIRUIYA Men's Waterproof - Fully Fur Lining Boots Winter Snow Shoes||YIRUIYA||97|
The Best Women’s Zero Drop Boots
|1||Xero Shoes Women's Xcursion - Waterproof Hiking Boot||Xero Shoes||95|
|2||UGG Women's Reid - Winter Boot||UGG||97|
|3||Xero Shoes Women's Vienna - Canvas Ankle Boots||Xero Shoes||94|
|4||Columbia Women's Minx - Shorty Ankle Boot||Columbia||97|
|5||Xero Shoes Women's Mika - Lightweight Minimalist Cold-Weather Boot||Xero Shoes||95|
|6||Vivobarefoot Women's GOBIX - Classic Desert Boot||Vivobarefoot||95|
Which Zero Drops Are Your Favorite?
There are a lot of options for zero drop boots. Everything from casual wear, military boots, hiking boots, winter boots, and of course zero drop work boots.
Do you have a pair? Which is your favorite?
Let us know in the comments.
Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from links on this page.