Workboots Review is reader supported. We may earn money when you click on links in our articles. This comes at no additional cost to you. Learn more.
Looking for the best steel toe work boots?
Heavy-duty work environments often call for equipment and gear that can withstand the tough demands. Among these gears that guaranty safety and security are steel toe work boots.
Tailored and built for tough environments, these boots are also well-equipped to provide full protection for the feet.
Most commonly, those who are working in industries that involve construction, military, security, and metal foundries rely on steel toe safety boots to securely get by through the workdays.
Advantages of Wearing Comfortable Steel Toe Boots
After the end of World War II, industrial safety has become a big issue that needed addressing. And then came one of the most practical solutions: steel toe boots which are mainly developed to provide safety for every worker.
Essentially, wearing a good pair of steel toe work boots come with the following advantages:
- Provides full protection and security for the feet as they are designed with sturdy steel toe caps
- Can withstand up to 75 pounds of weight
- Offers all-day comfort, keeping the feet feeling snug all day, even during extended hours of work
- Sturdy and durable, can withstand the tough and heavy-duty demands of a workplace
- Keeps the feet protected against punctures, crushing, burns, and lacerations
Features of The Best Steel Toe Work Boots
Steel toe boots were first manufactured in Germany, where they were originally crafted for workers, although the same type of footwear has also been worn by marchers.
Generally speaking, some of today’s best steel toe work boots have any of the following features:
- Steel toe caps that meet ASTM F2413-18 1/75EH electrical hazard safety standards
- Moisture-wicking linings that are bound to keep the feet dry and safe from developing unwanted odors and bacterial buildup
- Sturdy yet breathable, allowing the feet to feel snug and comfortable
- Sturdy and high-traction rubber outsoles, providing heavy grip against all surfaces
- Waterproof construction, allowing the boots to be fit for use under wet environments
Reviews: The Top Steel Toe Boots For Men
Are you working in a tough environment? Chances are, you are looking for work boots that can withstand the demands of a heavy-duty environment.
And if you’re in for comfortable steel toe work boots, then look no further. Below are our picks of the best men’s steel toe boots.
Timberland is a brand known for its wide selection of durable, rugged footwear. Among the brand’s top-selling Timberland steel toe boots is the Timberland PRO Men’s 6” Pit Boss. Built for the extra tough work environment, these boots took industry standards to a different level in terms of craftsmanship, durability, and protection.
- The Timberland PRO Men’s 6” Pit Boss features a timeless yet rugged design that is durable with its premium leather uppers.
- These steel toe work boots also feature unsurpassed grip against all surfaces as they are engineered with high-traction rubber outsoles.
- In terms of comfort, these boots won’t disappoint as they are designed with polyurethane midsoles along with Cambrelle fabric linings and removable well-cushioned sock liners.
- The pair also guarantees unbeatable protection as the boots meet ANSI safety standards.
- The Timberland PRO Men’s 6” Pit Boss boasts extreme durability as these boots are built following a Goodyear welt construction.
Second on the list are Caterpillar steel toe boots. The Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift is a pair that boasts unsurpassed durability and protection, all without compromising comfort. Designed to fit most types of work environments, this pair is guaranteed to keep you on your feet feeling snug and comfortable even on extra long-hour workdays.
- The Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift boasts a timeless, oiled leather look along with impressive durability with its nubuck leather uppers.
- These steel toe boots are built for all surfaces as they are engineered with slip-resistant, high-traction T2 rubber outsoles.
- The pair also boasts unbeatable comfort as they are designed with Climasphere breathable insoles.
- In terms of safety, these boots are extremely reliable as they are rated to meet ASTM F2413-18 1/75EH electrical hazard safety standards.
- The Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift guarantees not only safety but as well as reliable durability, support, and stability as the boots are designed with sturdy steel shanks along with Goodyear Welt construction.
Again on the list is a pair of Timberland steel toe boots. Made of premium materials, the Timberland PRO Men’s Direct Attach is a six-inch boot that features rugged durability, unmatched comfort, and overall full protection for the feet. Designed for the hardworking man, these boots are built to help you get through a long day of tough work.
- The Timberland PRO Men’s Direct Attach is a pair that boasts the classic Timberland aesthetics with its premium leather uppers.
- The boots also feature impressive grip and traction against varying surfaces as they are engineered with sturdy, lugged rubber soles.
- These steel toe boots also provide unbeatable comfort as they feature the brand’s Timberland Pro 24/7 Comfort System which reduces foot fatigue and offers cushioned support.
- These men’s steel toe work boots also are also built for cold conditions as they come with 200 grams of insulation.
- Built for tough work, the Timberland PRO Men’s Direct Attach are also fit for use in wet environments as they are engineered to be waterproof.
Next on the list is a pair of Skechers steel toe boots. The Skechers for Work Men’s Workshire is a boot that boasts the protection and durability needed by the men who work under heavy-duty work environments. Combining timeless aesthetics and comfort, this pair easily lands as one of the top steel toe work boots for men.
- The Skechers for Work Men’s Workshire features timeless and durable uppers that are made of premium, full-grain leather.
- Built for varying terrains, these boots come with excellent grip as they are engineered with Traction Control rubber outsoles.
- These boots also boast unmatched all-day comfort as they carry the brand’s Relaxed Fit® technology and memory foam insoles.
- The pair also guarantees a secure fit with its front lace-up design along with heel pull on tabs.
- Lightweight yet sturdy, the Skechers for Work Men’s Workshire meets all ASTM F2413-2011 I/75 C/7 safety standards.
If you work in a ranch and are looking for steel toe cowboy boots, then ariat Men’s Groundbreaker is your top choice. Featuring the brand’s iconic design and footwear technology, these Ariat steel toe cowboy boots are built for all-day wearing, may it be in the ranch or other environments that call for a trusty pair of cowboy boots.
- The Ariat Men’s Groundbreaker boasts a timeless, western look with its durable full-grain leather uppers.
- These steel toe cowboy boots are built to provide heavy-duty traction as they are engineered with oil and slip-resistant Duratread outsoles.
- The pair also boasts unbeatable comfort with its well-cushioned insoles along with breathable mesh linings.
- Built to keep the feet protected at all costs, these boots are made with steel toes that meet ASTM F2413-11 M/I/75 C/75 EH standards.
- Designed for the hardworking cowboy, the Ariat Men’s Groundbreaker is crafted with 90-degree heels along with two-row stitch patterns.
Making it to the list is yet another pair of Caterpillar steel toe boots. Extra durable and built to be abrasion-resistant, the Caterpillar Men’s Threshold is designed to withstand even the toughest work environment.
- The Caterpillar Men’s Threshold is a pair that boasts durability and rugged aesthetics as they are made with quality full-grain leather uppers.
- These steel toe work boots are built to provide reliable traction against all surfaces as they are engineered with slip-resistant rubber outsoles.
- In terms of comfort, the Caterpillar Men’s Threshold doesn’t disappoint as the insoles are equipped with the brand’s EASE Technology – a lightweight, custom-engineered foam exclusively used on Caterpillar footwear.
- These boots also offer impressive stability and flexibility as they are designed with ERGO midsoles.
- Offering full protection against electrical hazards, the Caterpillar Men’s Threshold is ASTM F2413-05 1/75 EH rated.
If you’re specifically looking for some Dr Martens steel toe work boots, then this next pair is your perfect match. The Dr. Martens Men’s Winch is a steel toe work boot that boasts the iconic features of a Dr. Martens classic, combined with extra durability and protection.
- The Dr. Martens Men’s Winch is a pair that features timeless Dr. Martens aesthetics as the pair is constructed with slightly milled, snuffed leather uppers.
- These steel toe work boots also offer impressive traction as they are engineered with sturdy yet flexible PVC outsoles.
- The boots are also impressive in terms of comfort as they are designed to reduce fatigue with their well-cushioned insoles.
- The pair is also bound to keep the feet dry all day as they are designed with moisture-wicking linings.
- The Dr. Martens Men’s Winch is a pair that guarantees full protection for the feet as they meet ASTM F2413-11 MI/75 C/75 EH safety standards.
Capping off the list of the best steel toe work boots for men is a pair from Dickies. The Dickies Men’s Galveston is a steel toe boot that offers durability and protection, without exactly compromising comfort. Built for the tough work environment, these boots carry the brand’s exquisite craft when it comes to engineering their footwear.
- The Dickies Men’s Galveston is a classic pull-on work boot that boasts durability with its full-grain leather uppers.
- Providing deep and heavy traction. The boots are also bound to keep your feet stable as they are engineered with oil and slip-resistant rubber outsoles.
- The pair also offers unmatched comfort with its removable smart step, dual-density polyurethane comfort insoles.
- Fit for wet work conditions, the boots are also equipped with the brand’s Dri-tec waterproof membranes along with 3M Scotch Lite reflective trims.
- Designed to take comfort and security to the next level, the Dickies Men’s Galveston is engineered with sturdy steel toes along with moisture-wicking linings.
Reviews: The Best Women’s Steel Toe Boots
Women, too, nowadays work in environments that are extra tough and demanding. Whether it’s spending all day in the ranch or out working in the field, their feet deserve a reliable pair of comfortable steel toe boots.
So without any further ado, here are some of today’s best steel toe boots for women.
Opening the list for the women’s steel toe boots is a pair from Timberland. The Timberland PRO Women’s Titan is a durable and sturdy steel toe boot that is built to meet the demands of a tough work environment. Timeless and comfortable, these boots boast some of the brand’s most advanced features in terms of safety and comfort.
- The Timberland PRO Women’s Titan boasts durability with its premium full-grain leather uppers.
- Engineered to perform well against all surfaces, these boots feature slip-resistant, lugged rubber outsoles.
- The boots are equipped with the brand’s PowerFit Comfort System, providing full support and long-lasting comfort to the feet.
- Designed to withstand the tough demands of varying workplaces, these boots from Timberland boast steel-toe caps that offer ample room for the feet.
- The Timberland PRO Women’s Titan is also built to keep the feet from developing unwanted odor and moisture as they are engineered with breathable, antimicrobial linings.
Next up are Caterpillar steel toe boots. The Caterpillar Women’s Echo is a waterproof steel toe boot that is built for the tough work environment. Boasting a very chic and stylish aesthetics, these boots combine both durability and comfort in one.
- The Caterpillar Women’s Echo features a chic yet durable aesthetic with uppers that are made of premium nubuck leather.
- These boots also provide impressive traction as they are engineered with oil, abrasion, water, and slip-resistant rubber outsoles.
- The pair also promises unmatched comfort as they are designed with removable polyurethane foam footbeds.
- These work boots intricately designed with steel toe caps that meet both ASTM F2413-11 I/75 C/75 and ASTM F2413-05 1/75 EH safety standards.
- The Caterpillar Women’s Echo is a pair that is built to last long as they are constructed with Goodyear welted forefoot and cemented heel.
For the woman who works all day in a ranch, then these Ariat steel toe cowboy boots are her perfect match. Crafted using premium and quality materials, the Ariat Women’s Fatbaby Steel Toe Work Boots provide both the comfort and safety that are needed to get through a long day of hard work.
- The Ariat Women’s Fatbaby boasts a classic, western look with its full-grain leather uppers.
- The boots are also bound to keep the feet steady on the ground as they are engineered with slip and oil-resistant high-traction synthetic outsoles.
- These steel toe cowboy boots also offer unbeatable comfort as they carry the brand’s signature 4LR footbeds.
- These western steel toe boots for women also provide reliable protection as they are ASTM F2413-11 FI/75 C/75 EH rated.
- Designed for smooth riding, the Ariat Women’s Fatbaby features heels at approximately 1.5”.
Another on the list is a pair from Caterpillar. The Caterpillar Women’s Mae is a steel toe work boot that meets electrical hazard safety standards along with added durability from its cement construction. These boots are also engineered for wet work environments, so if you’re on the lookout for a good pair of waterproof steel toe boots, then this one is your best match.
- The Caterpillar Women’s Mae offers a timeless look mixed with durability as they are crafted with quality, full-grain leather uppers.
- The grip of these boots is as impressive as they are engineered with study, oil, slip, water, and abrasion-resistant T1260 rubber outsoles.
- These steel toe boots also offer unmatched comfort as they are designed with removable molded EVA footbeds.
- The pair guarantees durable breathability as it is equipped with nylon mesh sock liners.
- Designed to keep the feet protected at all costs, the Caterpillar Women’s Mae meets both ASTM F2413-11 I/75 C/75 and ASTM F2413-05 1/75 EH safety standards.
Next on the list are Dr. Martens industrial steel toe boots. Carrying the brand’s classic Doc DNA, the Dr. Martens Women’s Arbor is a pair that boasts a classic look that doesn’t compromise both the durability and comfort.
- The Dr. Martens Women’s Arbor boasts the usual, timeless Dr. Martens aesthetics that are crafted with soft, industrial-grade leather uppers.
- These industrial steel toe boots are also fit for use even on slippery work environments as they are engineered with sturdy, high-traction PVC outsoles.
- Offering all-day comfort along with raised grid patterns that promote airflow are the brand’s SoftWair memory foam sock liners.
- The boots are made even more durable as the uppers are heat-sealed and Goodyear welted to the outsoles.
- Offering full security and protection, the Dr. Martens Women’s Arbor is ASTM F2413-11 FI/75 C/75 EH rated.
Closing the list are Durango steel toe boots. The Durango Women’s RD3315 Western Boot is everything that a hardworking cowgirl would want. Made from premium materials, these cowboy steel toe boots are designed to withstand the tough demands of ranch work.
- The Durango Women’s RD3315 Western Boot boasts a traditional western look along with durability as it is crafted with full-grain leather uppers along with dipped toplines and intricate stitchings.
- The boots also provide great traction against slippery surfaces as they are built with lightweight, flexible, and abrasion-resistant rubber outsoles.
- In terms of comfort, these boots won’t disappoint as they offer well-cushioned, shock-absorbing footbeds.
- The pair also guarantees breathability as they feature lightweight mesh linings.
- The Durango Women’s RD3315 Western Boot is also built to provide full-protection for the feet as the pair meets ASTM F2413-05 I/75 C/75 Protective Toe Classification.
Comparison Table: The Top Steel Toe Boots For Men
|1||Timberland Men's - Steel Toe Boots||Timberland||98|
|2||Caterpillar Men's Second Shift - Steel Toe Work Boot||Caterpillar||97|
|3||Timberland Men's - Safety Toe Boot||Timberland||97|
|4||Skechers Men's Workshire Relaxed Fit - Steel Toe Boots||Skechers||96|
|5||ARIAT Men's Groundbreaker Pull-on - Steel Toe Boot||ARIAT||95|
|6||Caterpillar Men's Thershold - Steel Toe Industrial Boot||Caterpillar||95|
|7||Dr. Martens Men's Winch - Steel Toe Light Industry Boots||Dr. Martens||94|
|8||Dickies Men's Dickies - Steel Toe Industrial Boot||Dickies||93|
Comparison Table: The Best Women’s Steel Toe Boots
|1||Timberland Women's Titan - Waterproof Boot||Timberland||98|
|2||Caterpillar Women's Echo - Steel Toe Work Boot||Caterpillar||97|
|3||ARIAT Women's Fatbaby - Steel Toe Work Boot||ARIAT||95|
|4||Caterpillar Women's Mae - Steel Toe Waterproof Construction Boot||Caterpillar||95|
|5||Dr. Martens Women's Arbor - Steel Toe Light Industry Boots||Dr. Martens||94|
|6||Durango Women's RD3315 Western - Western Boot||Durango||93|
Which Pair Of Steel Toe Boots Is For You?
For those who are working in tough environments, industrial safety should always be a priority. And that is where a reliable pair of steel toe boots enter the picture.
Durable, comfortable, and guaranteed to keep those toes fully-protected and intact, good steel toe boots will definitely help you get through your workdays with ease.
However, the best steel toe boots are not going to be just a single product that will fit all. Keep in mind that the best one will always be dependent on your personal preferences and needs.
That said, with our list of the top men and women’s steel toe boots, which one do you think is the perfect pair for you?