While protection is one of the most important functions of your work boots, never neglect comfort.
Could you imagine doing your job in a pair of uncomfortable, pain causing work boots?
This, in turn, becomes even more critical when you suffer from a painful condition affecting your feet, such as arthritis.
What to Look for in a Work Boot for Arthritis
Well, your answer for most foot conditions including arthritic feet is an orthopedic shoe, with the addition of a more roomy toe box when it comes to arthritis.
So this is what you should look for in an orthopedic shoe when you have arthritis;
Comfort and Support
First and foremost, as I said before, you will definitely need a roomy toe box more than anything else.
Other comfort feature such as, arch support, a cushioned insole, soft uppers, and a sturdy design with a bit of flexibility, is key.
Depending on your work environment and job description you may need certain safety features to protect your feet against injuries;
- Steel, Composite or Aluminium Toe
- Oil and Slip resistance.
- Heat protection.
- Cutting hazard protection.
- Metatarsal guards.
- Electrical Hazard Protection.
- Insulated against heat or cold.
- Chemical resistance.
Always look for a work boot with quality construction, manufactured from durable materials. This will ensure that you have value for your money, and will not need to replace a comfortable and reliable pair of work boots, anytime soon.
Why Should You Choose the Right Work Boots For Arthritis
Making a healthy choice in footwear, particularly when you have a condition, is just as important as having a healthy lifestyle, eating right and taking the appropriate medications.
Your footwear can minimize or maximize your activities which can, in turn, affect your overall work performance.
Wearing the wrong shoes when you have arthritis can significantly exacerbate your existing issues, as well as causing new ones in the long term.
At the end of the day, it boils down to this, to keep your feet safe, and comfortable, make sure that you have the correct work boots!
Key features of a Work Boot for Arthritis
I have gathered a few key features you can look out for that will help a great deal, in a shoe for arthritis;
- Extra depth and width, particularly in the toe area.
- Ankle support and stabilization.
- Arch support.
- Comfortable and moldable soft uppers.
- Cushioned and supportive insole.
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole.
- Shock absorbing technology.
Some Excellent Choices in Work Boots for Arthritic Feet
When it comes to orthopedic shoes, Dr. Comfort is a name that you should definitely look for first. Now Dr. Comfort also manufactures suitable work shoes that offer some protection in harsh work environments.
- Soft and comfortable leather uppers that will not add pressure to your toes.
- A comfortable gel insert.
- Ranger like hiking boot style with protective steel.
- Lightweight with a lace closure.
- This work boot is perfect for hazardous work environments.
- Durable, slip, abrasion and oil resistant outsole.
- Available in extra wide widths to accommodate certain foot conditions where more space is needed.
The Caterpillar Diagnostic with its ERGO system is perfect for individuals with painful foot conditions requiring additional support and comfort.
- The high cut six-inch shaft is generously padded.
- Includes 200 grams of thermal insulation and a nylon mesh lining that is breathable, keeping your feet warm and dry.
- SuperWelt construction for added durability.
- Full grain soft and durable leather uppers.
- Additional forefoot flexibility.
- Flexion technology for added comfort and long-lasting durability.
- Completely waterproof.
I just cannot get enough of the Dr. Comfort Work boots. Here is another model, this one is for a less hazardous work areas and does not feature as many heavy protective characteristics.
- Soft and supple full grain leather uppers that are lightweight and comfortable.
- An adventurous hiking style boot with a soft toe.
- The padded heel cup, padded tongue, and wider toe box all offer the best comfort and support for arthritic feet.
- An elastic lace closure with Velcro straps for easy on and off.
- Lightweight as there is no steel toe.
- A durable, slip resistant outsole.
The Dunham Cloud will have you feeling like you are walking on a cloud.
A hiking boot that is ideal for use as a work boot with the addition of comfort features, aimed at providing relief to those with arthritis in their feet.
- Soft and comfortable leather uppers.
- A durable slip resistant outsole manufactured from high-quality rubber.
- The waterproof multicolored uppers have an adjustable circumference and a lace up vamp.
- A removable molded EVA insole for adding your own orthotics.
- Walk on the clouds with the memory foam footbed and stability cradle.
No list is complete, not even when it comes to orthopedic work boots, without the Pitboss from Timberland Pro.
Rugged, comfortable and protective, perfect for any foot type or condition, as well as work environment.
- Durable and comfortable leather uppers.
- A slip-resistant high traction rubber outsole.
- Speed lacing hardware for fast on and off.
- A roomy round toe to reduce pressure on your toes.
- Padded collar and plush cushioned insole for superior comfort and support.
- A removable contoured sock liner.
- Available in a chocolate brown and tan brown color option.
In The End
It all comes to a work boot that offers a soft and comfortable fit, with a roomy toe box, and cushioned insole, to relieve the pain associated with arthritis in your feet.
The work boot options that I have chosen all feature characteristics that will offer you the best comfort and support options without any painful pressure on your feet.
Keeping in mind that you still need reliable protection against hazards in your work environment.
Index Table: The Top Work Boots for Arthritis
|1||Dr. Comfort Men's Protector - Steel Toe Work Boots for Arthritis||Dr. Comfort||98|
|2||Caterpillar Men's Diagnostic - Safety Work Boot For Arthritis||Caterpillar||97|
|3||Dr. Comfort Men's Hiking Boot - Comfortable Work Boot For Arthritic Feet||Dr. Comfort||94|
|4||Dunham Men's Cloud - Mid-Cut Orthopedic Work Boot||Dunham||96|
|5||Timberland Pro Men's Pittboss - Soft Toe Work Boot For Arthritis Comfort||Timberland Pro||95|