Aside from being uncomfortable, sweaty feet are more of a problem than most people tend to realize.
Below the dangers of sweaty feet are discussed as well as what you can do to minimize the issue when choosing the best work boots for sweaty feet.
The Dangers of Sweaty Feet On A Heavy Duty Job
Perspiration is natural and can be caused by multiple things aside from overheating, including metabolism, hormones (especially if you are under the age of 25), and stress.
However, sweating too much comes with its own dangers and may not be healthy.
If you sweat excessively every day, then you are at risk of the following:
- Being severely dehydrated, which can lead to fatigue, weakness, exhaustion and a deficiency in basic electrolytes and essential nutrients.
- Getting blisters on your feet due to softening of the skin, pruning and slipping around in your shoes which creates friction.
- Rashes, chaffing or discomfort.
- Moisture buildup inside a dark, warm space is the perfect place for bacteria to fester, which can lead to many types of dangerous foot infections.
- Foot or leg cramps.
To avoid excessive sweating, drink enough water, eat balanced meals every day and make sure you are wearing the right socks and work boots.
Features of a Good Work Boot that Reduce Inside Moisture
Here are the best features of work boots that make sure to keep perspiration to a minimum!
- Mesh Lining – A mesh lining is technologically advanced fabric that has moisture-wicking properties. This means that it quickly absorbs sweat and channels out the boots, making sure that your feet remain dry and that there is always fresh air circulating in your shoes.
- Specialized Waterproofing – Most waterproof boots cause your feet to sweat even though they keep water from the outside from penetrating into the boots. Some waterproof boots come with a specialized waterproof membrane that allows moisture to escape out the boot while repelling water on the outside at the same time.
- Arch Support – Believe it or not, having the correct arch support can reduce sweating. When your feet are made to work harder, being put under more pressure and strain, they tend to sweat more just like most other muscles in your body. Having good arch support prevents your feet from becoming exhausted and overexerting themselves.
- Low Profile – A lower profile work shoe is better at keeping your feet cool and moisture-free. In boots with a longer shaft, air has to travel a long way before escaping the boot unless it has a specialized outer membrane.
Advantages Of Wearing Work Boots For Sweaty Feet
While your feet may naturally be sweaty, more often than not, the right footwear is the answer. Searing good work boots for sweaty and smelly feet may help ease the condition, providing not only relief but unbeatable all-day comfort as well.
Here are some of the advantages of wearing the best work boots for sweaty feet.
- Keeps the feet feeling dry and comfortable all-day
Lets enough ventilation circulate through the boots, making them breathable and add up to overall comfort
Lets the feet move freely as they are also very flexible
Keeps the feet from feeling fatigued and minimizing the strain that can be caused by all-day standing or walking
Reviews: Best Work Boots for Sweaty Feet
Take a look at some of the best work boots that prevent you from sweating all day.
First on the list is a pair that promises “ultra” dryness.
The EVER BOOTS® Men’s Ultra Dry is a pair of durable work boots for sweaty feet that waterproof yet extremely breathable.
Crafted to meet the demands of a tough job, these boots are comfortably made for those who have excessively sweaty feet.
- These highly affordable standard work boots from EVER BOOTS will keep your feet both ultra-dry and comfortable all day long.
- A waterproof membrane covers the outside, complemented by a moisture-wicking lining which ensures that moisture neither from inside nor outside the boots remains.
- The soles are lightweight and incredibly flexible, allowing you to walk, bend and stand comfortably for long hours.
- The anti-fatigue technology prevents your joints from feeling sore by alleviating both pressure and shock.
- Constructed with a soft toe from the highest grade of full-grain leather available.
- The inside of the shoe is insulated, making them ideal for working in cold and wet environments.
Coming next is a pair from Carhartt, a leading manufacturer when it comes to durable, safe, comfortable, and functional footwear.
The Carhartt® Men’s Composite Work Boots easily makes it the best work boots with safety for sweaty feet as they are built with the brand’s high-quality, reliable, and electrical hazard-safe composite toe design.
- Durable and versatile, these Carhartt boots are moisture wicking, waterproof and slip resistant.
- The outer Storm Defender Membrane is breathable and prevents water from coming inside the boot.
- Lined with a moisture-wicking mesh fabric, comfort padding as well as orthotic insoles for ingenious arch support.
- A composite toe meets all safety standards and ensures that your feet will be protected from heavy objects.
- The outsoles will deflect shock and keep you from falling in most slippery environments, thanks to excellent traction.
- Stylish premium leather construction confers chemical resistance, ensuring that any solvents, acids or cleaning agents don’t damage the boots.
- YDS RUGGEDIM work boots are perfect for those who have a tight budget but need a pair of heavy-duty steel toe work boots.
- The inner lining of the boots channels moisture out while providing exceptional comfort with a cushioned footbed.
- The soles are heat, oil, slip and chemical resistant, allowing these to be worn in a variety of work professions.
- Leather construction and superb lacing allow for enhanced weather protection and water resistance.
- Shock absorbing soles keep your feet protected from the impact as well as being penetration resistant.
- The steel toe can withstand compression of up to 15000 Newtons.
If you’re looking for summer work boots for sweaty feet, then this pair from Keen Utility is your perfect match.
A low-cut, durable, and breathable pair, the KEEN Utility® Men’s Atlanta is a workboot that is crafted for those who are working in the construction, landscaping, transportation, and other utility-related industries.
- KEEN Utility is proud to present this stylish pair of steel toe work shoes which provide excellent stability and protection.
- A hydrophobic mesh lining allows for full breathability, keeping feet dry and comfortable on the job.
- Superior traction provides your feet with a firm footing even in wet weather.
- A contoured heel lock and anatomically molded footbed allow for fantastic arch support and pressure relief.
- Electric Hazard rated to protect you from shocking yourself while operating heavy equipment.
- Made from waterproof leather to keep moisture coming in from both inside and outside the boot.
Next up is a pair of Heavy Duty Sweat Proof. These breathable work boots for sweaty feet are engineered with precision to showcase durability, comfort, style, and functionality.
- For those who rugged work boot, Timberland PRO has you covered with Boondock safety boots.
- Fortified with waterproof leather and abrasion resistant heel and toe bumpers, these boots will last a long time without giving out.
- The inside has a moisture wicking lining, complementing the outer waterproof layer and ensuring your feet remain 100% dry.
- Anti-fatigue technology supports your feet through thick and thin, absorbing shock, returning energy and cushioning the soles of your feet to perfection.
- Monster grip outsoles keep you stable and make sure you never lose your footing.
The Thorogood® Men’s american Heritage Work Boots are built to perform well under tough work conditions.
Boasting a timeless aesthetic, these boots are intricately crafted using high-quality, durable, premium leather.
- This soft toe American Heritage boot from Thorogood will do you a world of good when on the job site.
- Built to last with premium full-grain leather and Goodyear Storm Welt construction, these will take a good beating before coming apart.
- A high flex dual-density outsole provides slip resistance and ensures that your feet are protected from any jarring force or high impacts.
- A lightweight fiberglass shank keeps the arches of your feet supported, accompanied by ultra comfort insoles with fantastic cushioning.
- You can remove the footbed and replace it with an orthotic insole if you are in need of specialized support.
- Proudly made in the USA.
The Pitboss from Timberland pro is a Genuine Leather work Boot with lightweight construction and moisture wicking capabilities to keep your feet dry and fresh.
- Manufactured from flexible and moisture wicking leather with a dry lining to keep your feet sweat-free.
- A Cooling and a protective steel toe that is safe and comfortable.
- The durable outsole is slip, oil, and abrasion-resistant as well as offering high traction.
- A padded top collar and insole for comfort and support.
- Excellent arch support and suspension technology to prevent foot fatigue.
The Caterpillar Chassis is a robust and protective Work Boot that will keep your feet dry on the inside and outside.
- Lace-up design with 100% pure leather uppers and mesh inserts for breathability.
- A Waterproof membrane to protect you from the outside.
- A tough rubber outsole that is completely slip resistant.
- Electrical Hazard rated for safety and protection against electrical shock.
- Comfortable fit with a cushioned insole and moisture wicking lining.
This highly durable and advanced work boot features a Dry-Lex lining to keep your feet dry and comfortable on those tough and long days when you need it the most.
- Made from 100% pure Nubuck leather with a contoured heel lock for stability and support.
- There is a Dry-Lex footwear lining that keeps your feet dry and sweats free all day long.
- The durable outsole is oil and slip-resistant with a non-marking tread.
- Likewise features a protective steel toe.
Comparison Table: Top Rated Work Boots for Sweaty Feet
The Final Takeaway
Having sweaty feet can be a hassle, most especially during the summertime when the weather is extra warm and humid. Surely, this doesn’t help with soothing hyperhidrosis.
However, there are different ways to give relief to sweaty feet, and finding the right type of footwear is one. The best work boots sweaty feet partnered with the best socks for sweaty feet work boots can both do wonders to the condition.
With that said, which summer work boots for sweaty feet do you think is the perfect pair for you?
Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from links on this page.