Looking for a good pair of US Navy boots?
While sailors are known to spend most of their deployment time out in the water, they, too, spend a huge amount of their daily jobs on their feet.
For that reason, a sailor doesn’t only need to have his uniform on point on a daily basis, he, too, deserves the best pair of US Navy boots.
It was during the War of 1812 that the military adopted calf-high combat boots. It was during this period that the first pair of the usual combat boots was born.
And by the late 1880s, the improved version of these boots was released as “Jeff Davis boots” which are named after then-Secretary of War Jefferson Davis who re-equipped the military.
Essentially, wearing a good pair of navy military boots comes with the following advantages:
- Provides all-day comfort as they are designed to be snug and keeps the feet well-cushioned
- Supports speed and agility, allowing you to move freely and quickly
- Doesn’t trigger metal alarms and is airport-friendly as these boots are generally non-metallic
- Keeps the feet protected and secure
- Excellent for use for varying terrains and surfaces
The military combat boot continued to develop over the course of the years until branches set their own specific uniform standards.
These features vary from branch to branch, although the aim of the combat boots all comes down to keeping the feet fully protected yet comfortable all-day.
Generally, navy combat boots boast the following features:
- Lightweight, encouraging speed and agility
- Durable yet comfortable, able to withstand tough work environments without compromising the feet’s comfort
- Sturdy and tough outsoles, providing heavy traction and stability even on the most slippery surfaces
- Supports the natural gait of the feet, causing less strain and fatigue even on extended hours of wearing
- Some are constructed to be free from metallic materials, making them airport and security-friendly
For an active-duty sailor, sometimes, the usual pair of navy work boots is just not enough.
The pair must not only be durable enough to withstand varying work conditions, but it should also be comfortable enough not to cause too much strain to the feet.
That said, we have narrowed down today’s most comfortable and top-performing pairs of navy work boots.
Smith & Wesson is among the top manufacturers of a wide range of work boots. Known for its durable engineering technology and functional design, the brand is committed to producing some of today’s leading pair of boots specially crafted for military personnel.
One Smith & Wesson’s best-selling is the Men’s Breach 2.0.
- Boasting durability without compromising breathability, Breach 2.0 is crafted with a mix of high-quality leather and nylon.
- Ensuring your feet stay planted on the ground, the boots are engineered with sturdy, slip-resistant, non-marking rubber outsoles.
- Providing extreme comfort and support, the pair is designed with EVA midsoles and steel shanks.
- The boots are also very easy to take off and put on, all thanks to their YKK side zippers that feature a durable Vislon® pattern.
- The Breach 2.0 is also guaranteed to keep the feet free from dirt and any debris with its gusseted tongues.
Next on the list are navy military boots manufactured by footwear giant Reebok. The Reebok Work Men’s Rapid Response RB is a pair that boasts comfort and is tested to withstand the demands of the military, may it be out in the sea or in the field.
- The Men’s Rapid Response RB features both breathable comfort and resilience in one with suede leather and ballistic nylon uppers.
- Suitable for rugged terrains and slippery surfaces, the pair boasts sturdy rubber outsoles.
- These boots also offer unbeatable all-day cushioning and comfort with their Foot Force F2A footbeds.
- The pair also keeps the feet feeling less fatigued even on extended hours of wearing with its combination of Shock Eliminator heel cushions and lightweight EVA midsoles.
- Suitable for use for varying work conditions and guaranteed to keep the feet protected at all costs, the Rapid Response RB meets ASTM F2413 safety standards.
Next on the list are Bates navy boots. A brand founded in 1885, Bates is among today’s top manufacturers of uniform footwear for all military branches.
The Men’s GX-8 is a waterproof navy work boot that features durability, comfort, and convenience with its tough material construction and side-zip design.
- The Bates Men’s GX-8 features outstanding durability and breathability with its high-quality leather and ballistic nylon uppers.
- The boots also offer heavy traction on varying surfaces and slip-resistance with outsoles that are engineered using sturdy rubber.
- The pair also ensures that the feet stay dry and comfortable all day with its GORE-TEX membrane that wicks away moisture.
- These boots are also guaranteed to keep the feet snug and well-cushioned with its removable cushioned inserts and lightweight EVA midsoles.
- The GX-8 is also very easy to put on and take off, all thanks to its convenient YKK side-zip design.
Oakley is a brand popular for its wide selection of durable and functional eyewear. The brand itself also recently entered the tactical scene by manufacturing its own line of tactical boots. Among the brand’s go-to of most military personnel is the Light Assault Boot 2.
- The Oakley Men’s Light Assault Boot 2 boasts ventilated comfort and durability with its lightweight Cordura nylon uppers.
- The boots feature extreme grip and traction on all surfaces with its sturdy rubber outsoles.
- The pair also encourages flexible stability and plush shock absorption with its EVA midsoles.
- The boots are also designed to stay secure all day with its Lace Lock System and rugged nylon laces.
- The Light Assult Boot 2 is also extremely lightweight and comfortable to use, weighing at roughly 14 ounces per pair.
Tactical Research is not new when it comes to manufacturing military and tactical work boots. One of the brand’s best pairs of navy uniform boots is the Tactical Research Men’s Khyber.
These boots are equipped to withstand even the toughest terrains and work environments.
- The Tactical Research Men’s Khyber features a sleek, durable design with its high-quality cattle hide leather uppers and nylon fabric.
- Crafted to provide heavy traction against rugged terrains, its outsoles are made of 100% exclusive Vibram Ibex rubber.
- Speaking comfort and unbeatable support, the pair is engineered with TR-1 load-bearing orthotic insoles.
- The boots also encourage better mobility and even weight distribution with low profile soles.
- The Tactical Research Men’s Khyber also promises extreme durability and extended wear with its rappelling bars on its outsoles.
Under Armour is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of performance and athletic apparel. While the brand is mostly known for its athletic footwear, it also manufactures its own line of tactical boots. One of the brand’s top-selling is the Under Armour Men’s Jungle Rat – a pair that is built to withstand even the toughest jungle conditions.
- The Under Armour Men’s Jungle Rat is a durable pair that can withstand tough conditions without compromising breathability, all thanks to its mix of leather and 900D nylon textile.
- The boots also offer deep and heavy traction with outsoles that are made of sturdy lugged rubber.
- The pair boasts unbeatable comfort and stability with its full-length micro G midsole and reinforced TPU shank.
- These navy work boots are also minimalist and feature a quick-dry design, all thanks to their drainage vents.
- The Under Armour Men’s Jungle Rat is water-repellant as it boasts the brand’s signature UA Storm Technology.
Rocky is among the market’s top manufacturer of tactical work boots. One of the brand’s most iconic pairs is the Rocky S2V Predator Military Boot. These boots are fit and suitable to be worn with Operational Camouflage Pattern (OPC) uniform variations and are military uniform-compliant.
- The Rocky S2V Predator Military Boot boasts durability along with flash and water-resistance features with its leather and 1000D Cordura nylon uppers.
- The boots offer excellent traction with outsoles that are crafted with Vibram rubber.
- This pair also features unmatched comfort with its signature Rocky Air-Port footbed cushions.
- These tactical boots are bound to wick moisture away and keep unwanted odor at bay with Dri-Lex linings and Aegis microbe shields.
- Military-compliant, The Rocky S2V Predator Military Boot offers full protection against fire and heat as the pair is PTFE coated.
For those who prefer navy steel toe boots, then this pair from Bates is the perfect fit. The Bates Men’s 9” US Navy DuraShocks Steel Toe Boot is a tactical boot that features extra protection with its durable steel toe design.
- The Bates Men’s 9” US Navy DuraShocks Steel Toe Boot is designed to exhibit toughness and breathability with its durable leather and nylon uppers.
- The boots offer heavy traction, all thanks to their slip-resistant Vibram Extreme Rubber Lug outsoles.
- These boots are designed to be extra comfortable and stable as they are crafted with the brand’s signature DuraShocks® Shock Absorbing Comfort Technology.
- The pair is also guaranteed to keep the feet fully protected as it is heat-resistant and meets ASTM F2413-11 steel toe standards.
- Proudly made in the USA, the Bates Men’s 9” US Navy DuraShocks Steel Toe Boot is guaranteed to keep the feet dry and snug all day with its breathable moisture-wicking linings.
Capping off the list for the men is another pair from Reebok. The Reebok Work Duty Men’s Rapid Response RB RB8877 8″ Tactical Boot is a pair of US Navy combat boots that offer unmatched comfort and support even under the toughest work conditions.
- The Reebok Work Duty Men’s Rapid Response RB RB8877 8″ Tactical Boot offers soft toe protection and durability as it is crafted with a combination of leather and ballistic nylon.
- The boots are guaranteed to be resistant from oil and slipping, as the outsoles are engineered with dual-density Mountain Trail rubber.
- The pair also offers unbeatable comfort with its removable F2A polyurethane cushion footbed inserts along with a shock-eliminator feature.
- These boots are suitable for use in varying and tough work environments as they are water, abrasion, heat, and chemical-resistant.
- The Reebok Work Duty Men’s Rapid Response RB RB8877 8″ Tactical Boots are airport and security-friendly, all props to the pair’s non-metallic construction.
Just like active-duty male sailors, the women in the navy also deserve the best pair of navy regulation boots. Essentially, the perfect pair will definitely provide unbeatable comfort and support to the feet, even during extended hours of wear.
Topping it for the women is a pair of steel toe navy boots from the footwear manufacturing giant Bates. The Bates Women’s 9” US Navy DuraShocks Steel Toe Boot is a pair that exhibits the classic features of Bates tactical work boots. Additionally, with its steel toe profile, this pair is guaranteed to keep the feet extra protected, may it be during deployment days out in the sea or regular days on the field.
- Boasting durability and breathability, the Bates Women’s 9” US Navy DuraShocks Steel Toe Boot is crafted with the brand’s signature Wolverine Warrior Leather and nylon for its uppers.
- The boots also offer heavy traction regardless of the surface with outsoles that are engineered with slip-resistant Vibram Extreme Lug rubber.
- The pair is also crafted to keep the feet comfortable all-day, all thanks to the brand’s signature DuraShocks Shock Absorbing Comfort Technology.
- Offering extra protection and coverage, the pair is designed with ASTM F2413-11 rated steel toes.
- The Bates Women’s 9” US Navy DuraShocks Steel Toe Boot is a pair of US navy combat boots that can withstand tough work conditions due to its oil, stain, and abrasion-resistant construction.
|1||Smith & Wesson Men's Breach 2.0 - Tactical Size Zip Boots||Smith & Wesson||98|
|2||Reebok Men's Rapid Response - Rb Rb8894-m||Reebok||97|
|3||Bates Men's GX-8 Gore-Tex - Waterproof Boot||Bates||97|
|4||Oakley Men's Light Assault Boot 2 - Tactical Boots||Oakley||96|
|5||TACTICAL RESEARCH TR Men's Khyber TR550 - Lightweight Mountain Hybrid Boot||TACTICAL RESEARCH TR||95|
|6||Under Armour Men's Jungle Rat - Tactical Boot||Under Armour||94|
|7||Rocky Men's Rocky 8 - Military Boot||Rocky||93|
|8||Bates Men's 9 - Steel Toe Boot||Bates||92|
|9||Reebok Men's Work Duty Rapid Response RB RB8877 - Tactical Boot||Reebok||92|
|1||Bates Women's US Navy DuraShocks - Steel Toe Boot||Bates||-|
A reliable pair of navy approved boots is a must for every sailor out there. And with today’s wide variety of choices, finding the one that is fit for you can be slightly tricky.
The comfort, durability, and safety features are among the top things that a sailor must look for in finding his or her pair of navy work boots. Essentially, navy military boots that meet all these features definitely are worth the investment.
After having gone through our list of the best US Navy boots, which pair do you think fits your needs perfectly?
Work Boots Review may collect a share of sales or other compensation from links on this page.