More and more people, particularly in the law enforcement industry, are opting for work boots with a zip closure. Zipper Work Boots usually give you the option of lace up or a side zipper, although there are work boots that only feature a zipper either at the back, or the side of the boot. Zipper boots are quick and easy to put on and take off and a great choice if you need to changes shoes rapidly for your occupation.
Comparison Table of the Best Zipper Work Boots
|1||Thorogood Men's Gen Flex - 8 Inch Side Zip Jump Boot||Thorogood||96|
|2||Timberland Pro Men's Valor - McClellan 6 Inch Work Boot with Side Zip||Timberland Pro||97|
|3||Bates Men's Velocitor - Waterproof Zip Boot||Bates||95|
|4||CarHartt Men's CT-INS - Composite Toe Zipper Work Boot||CarHartt||92|
|5||Ariat Men's Overdrive - Steel Toe Zipper Work Boot||Ariat||98|
The Good and The Bad of Zipper Work Boots
The greatest advantage of a zipper boot is that you can put it on and take it off quick and easily as needed. Because of this reason you can easily change from shoes on site to shoes for the office or change your shoes before entering your home or an area that you do not want to track dirt into. Your boots will fit the same every time you put them on because the zipper will not change the fit as with lacing where you may lace up too tight or too loose.
The downfall with zipper boots is that poorly constructed zippers may fail and break easily. Always look for zippers with the YKK tag as they have a great reputation for being durable. Zippers also do not provide much water protection, so if you work in water or wet substances, it can easily seep through the zipper.
How to Wear a Zipper Boot
When you are wearing a zipper boot that also has the lace option for the first time, you will need to use the lace up function a few times until the boot is broken in and you can lace the boot to fit perfectly. The zipper can be used after you have a correct and comfortable fit, make sure to secure the laces as you will no longer be using them. Zipper boots without the lace up option need to be fitted to make sure they are comfortable; a tight fit is advised for work shoes that tend to stretch with time.
What to look for When Choosing a Zipper Boot
First of all despite the zipper when you are looking for a work boot you need to make sure that the boot has all the protective features and comfort characteristics that you will require for your specific occupation and the specific function that they will be performing.
When you look at the zipper or any other closures on a work boot, make sure that the stitching and material are tough and durable and that the zipper closes tightly and easily.
The fit of the boot is imperative to make sure that it fits tightly but still comfortable as particularly in the law enforcement industry you do not want a boot that comes off easily or fits uncomfortably.
The YKK brand zipper is a very popular and durable brand of zipper so look out for this zipper tag when you buy your zip boots. footwear.
Some of the best Available Zipper Work Boots
We have researched some of the best brands with the most wanted features in zipper boots for work purposes;
- An ankle high boot with oil tanned leather uppers and a high shine toe cap and heel counter.
- Constructed using Goodyear Storm-Welt construction for exceptional durability.
- A removable polyurethane-EVA footbed has added flex for support and comfort.
- The spacer mesh lining improved breathability to keep your feet dry and cool.
- A durable rubber sole for good grip and traction.
- An oil, abrasion and slip resistant, non-marking rubber outsole for durable and safe wear.
- The fiberglass shank provides structural support and stability.
- A padded top collar and lightweight molded EVA midsole ensures exceptional comfort and support.
- The uppers are manufactured from waterproof full grain leather and breathable mesh with a waterproof membrane for durability and keeping your feet dry at all times.
- Anti-fatigue technology absorbs shock and returns energy to the feet.
- An easy pull on loop with a durable side zipper.
- A lightweight exoskeleton that is flexible and supportive.
- Waterproof leather and mesh uppers with a waterproof membrane to keep you dry and comfortable.
- Dual density cushioned inserts and cushioned EVA midsole with cement construction for luxurious comfort and exceptional support.
- TPU arch support to reduce strain and relieve the symptoms of foot conditions related to the arches of the foot.
- A durable rubber outsole for excellent grip and traction.
- The YKK nylon zipper is known to be one of the most durable and long lasting zipper brands.
- Lightweight, breathable and waterproof genuine leather uppers.
- A durable and flexible rubber outsole.
- Insulated to keep your feet warm and protected.
- Sweat-wicking materials to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- An ortholite footbed for comfort and support.
- The composite toe protects your feet from falling objects and compression risks.
- An OverDrive Trade heavy duty platform is used for the construction of this boot for durability, support and stability along with the durable and tough Goodyear WeltConstrcution method.
- Lightweight and breathable leather and mesh uppers for comfort and all day wear.
- The Advanced Torque Stability technology with the composite shank ensures maximum stability and protection.
- Protective ExGuards on the toes for safety.
- Electrical hazard protection and a safety toe that is ASTM F2413-11 M/I75 C/75 rated.
- A shock absorbing EVA midsole for added support.
- The durable rubber outsole is oil and slip resistant.
A zipper boot is a good option for any fast paced work environment where you may need to change your shoes quite often or if you are just looking for a quick and easy fitting work boot. The above choices of zipper work boots all have exceptional safety and comfort features along with being some of the most popular and tough brands of work boots that are on the market today.
Please rate this article:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Table of the Best Zipper Work Boots
- The Good and The Bad of Zipper Work Boots
- How to Wear a Zipper Boot
- What to look for When Choosing a Zipper Boot
- Some of the best Available Zipper Work Boots